bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is everyone really gonna inherit the Kingdom of God?  (Read 6907 times)

Paul

Is everyone really gonna inherit the Kingdom of God?
« on: March 05, 2008, 04:55:16 AM »

A verse made me question this:

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 21:27

That verse seems to be warning that some people won't ultimately be written in the Book of Life.

David

Re: Is everyone really gonna inherit the Kingdom of God?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 07:54:55 AM »

The Kingdom implies rulership. I believe this is what is meant when Christ points out that many will not inherit the Kingdom of God. But after Christs millennium reign over the earth, then comes Judgement for the many not chosen, then God will be All in All. Christs Kingdom, rulership has an end, a culmination. His rulership is not eternal.

Chris R

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:10:08 AM »

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed [the righteousness] of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.[Matt 5:20]

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. [Revelation 21:27]

I bolded the "it" in the verse, so we can see what "it" is,
"It" in this verse is from the Greek word autos which is meaning Him, Her, themselves.

So if we cannot enter into "him" anything that defiles, or lies, or works abominations [Foul things, idols of the heart], then this would include EVERYONE.

The operation above, is not mans operation, it is Gods, God chooses those that would enter in to "him", and it is these [chosen few], who will be the lake of fire.

Read all of Romans Chapter 8

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. [Rom 8:38-39]  

Peace

Chris R

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:19:34 AM »

Hi Paul,

The Book of Life is speaking of Jesus Christ and to have Christ's Spirit indwelling is to be written in the Lamb's Book of Life.
There are only a very few who are written in the Book of life in this age.

Rev 21:27  And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

This Scripture is a true statement.  In the age to come during the Great White Throne Judgment all the rest of humanity, who are defiled, will have to go through this process of learning righteousness and being purged and cleansed and then they too will be in Christ the Book of Life.

Rev 21:22  And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
v. 23  And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
v. 24  And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it.

I believe these nations are those receiving salvation during the next age, when Christ reigns.

Here are a couple of emails about the Book of Life.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1468.0.html -----

Dear Kemi:
    When you are spiritually converted and have the Holy Spirit of God, you are then "IN Christ" you are IN "The Book of the Life of the Lamb."  Jesus Christ IS THE BOOK OF LIFE!  And there is henceforth "NO CONDEMNATION" toward you ever again (Rom. 8:1).  That is the ultimate place we all want to be.  Etc., etc., etc.

God be with you,
    Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5085.0.html -------

Dear Dr. Smith:  Too big a subject for an email, but I will make a few comments.  Christian doctrine is built upon paganism, superstition, erroneous translations, and hideous doctrines of men.  Of course, those persons who are not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will not be in the kingdom reign of Jesus Christ. But that fact has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of humanity's eternal destiny.

"Many are called but few as chosen" is a statement of fact, not a statement of eternal exclusion.  God has predetermined to choose out a chosen elect FEW.  These will enter into the Kingdom of God which will then bring about the salvation of the rest of humanity through Judgment. Judgment is upon the chosen few House of God NOW (I Pet. 4:17).  When the knowledge of the Lord covers the earth like the waters cover the sea, then, not now but then,  "Because He hath appointed a day, IN THE WHICH He will judge the world in RIGHTEOUSNESS..." (Acts 17:31).   "WHEN [not now, but 'when']  Thy Judgments are in the earth the inhabitants of the world WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).

Those who enter the straight and narrow (difficult) way will enter into the Kingdom of God, but those who go the broad way will go into DESTRUCTION. This is certainly true. However. What is the final destiny of those who go the broad way to destruction.   Is there hope for the lost, the perish, the destroyed?  Duh!!  Jesus said, "The Son of Man is come to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10, Matt. 18:11).

The word translated "lost" is the Greek word "apollumi" which is translated "LOST," "PERISHED," and "DESTROYED."  Jesus Christ said that He is come to SAVE all those who are "apollumi"--destroyed, perished, and lost.

But does anyone believe Jesus?  NOT MANY. Like I said, too big a subject for an email.

God be with you,
Ray

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 04:04:52 PM »

Quote :"Many are called but few as chosen" is a statement of fact, not a statement of eternal exclusion.

That is great news. If not now...later but better to enter into His rest now and not have to go via the broad way now! :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Martinez

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 08:21:12 PM »

Quote :"Many are called but few as chosen" is a statement of fact, not a statement of eternal exclusion.

That is great news. If not now...later but better to enter into His rest now and not have to go via the broad way now! :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Yep!

I've been the broad way.

very overrated!

Paul

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 02:27:14 AM »

So, basically by adding that remark about nothing entering that defiles or anything, John's just reaffirming the purity of the kingdom? No one's gonna have a sinful nature by that point anyway?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 02:28:18 AM by Paul »

Chris R

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2008, 08:25:10 AM »

There's no short answer to your question, Isa 26:9 "for when thy judgments [are] in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness"

All the inhabitants [thats us] learn to do right, 1Cor 3:15 "If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire".

This is a process, 1Cor 15:23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Universal salvation is a part of the message taught here at bible truths, but not the main message, read all of these articles several times.

Peace

Chris R

Bradigans

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, 06:17:43 PM »

I'm no authority (Psalms 131:1), but i know that our Lord did say this.

- Luke 17:20-21 - And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you (John 3:3, John 3:7).

You don't have to die physically to experience and enter the kingdom of God. Why do you think Jesus said this:

- Matthew 6:19-21 - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

- Romans 14:17 - For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

This joy is undescribable. You can have nothing (physically), and yet be in possession of all things. It's like a deep down satisfaction and contentment no matter what's going on on the outside. 

Phil3:10

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, 06:44:24 PM »

Bradigans,
How very true you speak when you state that physical possessions mean little to those spiritual giants. No matter how poor their worldly circumstances they have the peace that passes all understanding. They have what really matters, not things, just HIM.

Bradigans

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, 06:47:11 PM »

I'm no authority (Psalms 131:1), but i know that our Lord did say this.

- Luke 17:20-21 - And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you (John 3:3, John 3:7).

You don't have to die physically to experience and enter the kingdom of God. Why do you think Jesus said this:

- Matthew 6:19-21 - Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

- Romans 14:17 - For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

This joy is undescribable. You can have nothing (physically), and yet be in possession of all things. It's like a deep down satisfaction and contentment no matter what's going on on the outside. 

Listen at what Paul had to say.

- Philippians 1:21 - For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

I don't believe he was saying he had to die to experience Christ and His kingdom (Romans 14:17), but that he was just going to experience more of the same (Romans 14:17).

It's amazing because i find at times when i'm the most hungry or destitute in some way, form, or fashion, i experience Christ on a whole other level. I'm beginning to relate to Paul when he said:

- Philippians 3:8 - Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

When you experience Christ on some of these levels, and you have to lose things, you're not losing anything when you're gaining more of Christ. At least, it (the gaining more of Christ) makes you not aware of what you're losing.

Bradigans

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2008, 06:57:38 PM »

Bradigans,
How very true you speak when you state that physical possessions mean little to those spiritual giants. No matter how poor their worldly circumstances they have the peace that passes all understanding. They have what really matters, not things, just HIM.

It's a blessing to find one self in His secret pavilion which i believe is none esle than THE HOUSE OF GOD (Psalms 18:11, Psalms 27:5, Psalms 31:20)...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.