bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One of Rays recent emails.  (Read 6893 times)

David

One of Rays recent emails.
« on: March 05, 2008, 08:51:58 PM »

It refers to Dakes annotated study Bible.

Hi
I was wondering if you have seen or used a Dake’s Annotated Study Bible.

For a start I will suggest you use it with an open mind and I’m sure you will see it will have some valid points with much more scriptural proof than you require to get you believing some truth that God has intended for mankind in his Word.

Dear Rashad:

From:   (Dake's Annotated Reference Bible, Finis Jennings Dake, published by Dake Bible Sales, Inc, Lawrenceville, Georgia, New Testament, pp. 96-97):

"He [GOD] has a personal spirit body; shape; form; image and likeness of a man.  He has bodily parts such as, back parts, heart, hands and fingers, mouth, lips and tongue, feet, eyes, ears, hair, head, face, arms, loins, and other bodily parts. He has bodily presence and goes from place to place in a body like all other persons,  He has a voice; breath; and countenance.  He wears clothes; eats; rests; dwells in a mansion and in a city located on a material planet called Heaven; sits on a throne; walks; rides; engages in other activities." (Underline is mine).

No, thanks, Rashad, my mind is not closed to the "Annotated Reference Bible." What a CROCK!

God be with you,

Ray

I have this Bible. It was a gift from a very dear friend. It's by far the worst study Bible I've ever seen (not that I've seen that many). It boasts over 500,000 study notes, well it has almost as many contradictions.
It has it all, the pre adamites, the fall of adam, the fall of satan from heaven, eternal hell, the trinity, just all of it is to be taken litterally according to Dake. 

Sorin

Re: One of Rays recent emails.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 09:27:11 PM »

"He [GOD] has a personal spirit body; shape; form; image and likeness of a man.  He has bodily parts such as, back parts, heart, hands and fingers, mouth, lips and tongue, feet, eyes, ears, hair, head, face, arms, loins, and other bodily parts. He has bodily presence and goes from place to place in a body like all other persons,  He has a voice; breath; and countenance.  He wears clothes; eats; rests; dwells in a mansion and in a city located on a material planet called Heaven; sits on a throne; walks; rides; engages in other activities."

So a good time to sin is when God is resting or sleeping-He might not see you then. Or if you are in back of Him. Shouldn't be too hard to fool . ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 09:32:40 PM by Sorin »

Martinez

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 09:53:43 PM »

"He [GOD] has a personal spirit body; shape; form; image and likeness of a man.  He has bodily parts such as, back parts, heart, hands and fingers, mouth, lips and tongue, feet, eyes, ears, hair, head, face, arms, loins, and other bodily parts. He has bodily presence and goes from place to place in a body like all other persons,  He has a voice; breath; and countenance.  He wears clothes; eats; rests; dwells in a mansion and in a city located on a material planet called Heaven; sits on a throne; walks; rides; engages in other activities."

So a good time to sin is when God is resting or sleeping-He might not see you then. Or if you are in back of Him. Shouldn't be too hard to fool . ;)

Hey Sorin!

He could have those things, you don't know.

;D

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:50:34 PM »

LAWL, i loled.

le pwnt.

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »

Hey Matthew,

Well, I don't think God has those things, or needs {to eat, rest etc...} because Scripture tells us that "God is not a man" {Nu 23:19 etc..} And also that "God is Spirit"  {Jhn 4:24} so that means He does not have a material body like us, and we are not {yet} created in His image. Also, if God had two eyes in front of his face like us, how would He see behind His back?

Just the way I view things I suppose,
Sorin

Sorin

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 10:59:00 PM »

And also, if God eats:

SARCASM—OLD AND NEW

I have two favorite Scriptural sarcasms which I find to be sheer genius. One in the Old Testament, and one in the New. The first is from I Kings 18:21-39. Elijah told the people that they should choose two bullocks and place them on two altars of wood. He then said:

"And call ye on the name of your gods, and I will call on the name of the Lord: and the God that answers by fire, let him be God"

They all agreed, and so the priests of Baal went first:

"And they took the bullock which was given them, and they dressed it, and called on the name of Baal from morning even until noon, saying, O BAAL, hear us. But there was no voice, nor any that answered. And they LEAPED upon the altar which was made.

And it came to pass at noon, that Elijah mocked them, and said, Cry aloud: for he is a god; either he is talking, or he is pursuing, or he is on a journey, or peradventure he sleeps, and must be wakened.

I think we should read this verse from The Living Bible:

"About noontime, Elijah began mocking them. ‘You’ll have to shout louder than that,’ he scoffed, ‘to catch the attention of your god! Perhaps he is talking to someone, or is out sitting on the toilet, or maybe he is away on a trip, or is asleep and needs to be wakened.’"

And the priests of Baal, being as stupid as stupid can be, obeyed Elijah’s mocking sarcasm:

"And they CRIED ALOUD… there was neither voice, nor any to answer, nor any that regarded."

Remember that God Himself inspired Elijah to mock the priests of Baal with these jeering and demeaning epithets. He went so far as to suggest that maybe their god was "sitting on the toilet" or so exhausted he "fell asleep." And they were too stupid to even know that Elijah was making public spectacles and fools out of them. But Christians assure me that God doesn’t mock. Excuse me, but I did find this scenario IN THE BIBLE! And let’s not forget this:

"ALL Scripture is given by inspiration OF GOD [as in: ‘Elijah began mocking them… perhaps he {the god of Baal}… is out SITTING ON THE TOILET], and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness" (II Tim. 3:16).

This is not just Elijah taunting the priests of Baal; this is GOD HIMSELF telling Elijah under inspiration: Tell the priests of Ball that "…perhaps your god is out SITTING ON THE TOILET." God in heaven Himself inspired Elijah to speak that delightful phrase to these pagan priests. What a remarkable insight into the personality of God Almighty.

And ALL these events were preserved for us:

"Now ALL these things happened unto them for examples: and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come" (I Cor. 10:11).

http://bible-truths.com/fools.htm

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 11:02:40 PM by Sorin »

David

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 05:10:31 AM »

Speaking of Gods sarcasm, and how He mocks those that make idols unto gods, I love Isaiah 44:9-17.

"   9 Those who make an image, all of them are useless,
      And their precious things shall not profit;
      They are their own witnesses;
      They neither see nor know, that they may be ashamed.
       10 Who would form a god or mold an image
      Thatprofits him nothing?
       11 Surely all his companions would be ashamed;
      And the workmen, they are mere men.
      Let them all be gathered together,
      Let them stand up;
      Yet they shall fear,
      They shall be ashamed together.
       12 The blacksmith with the tongs works one in the coals,
      Fashions it with hammers,
      And works it with the strength of his arms.
      Even so, he is hungry, and his strength fails;
      He drinks no water and is faint.
       13 The craftsman stretches out his rule,
      He marks one out with chalk;
      He fashions it with a plane,
      He marks it out with the compass,
      And makes it like the figure of a man,
      According to the beauty of a man, that it may remain in the house.
       14 He cuts down cedars for himself,
      And takes the cypress and the oak;
      He secures it for himself among the trees of the forest.
      He plants a pine, and the rain nourishes it.
       15 Then it shall be for a man to burn,
      For he will take some of it and warm himself;
      Yes, he kindles it and bakes bread;
      Indeed he makes a god and worships it;
      He makes it a carved image, and falls down to it.
       16 He burns half of it in the fire;
      With this half he eats meat;
      He roasts a roast, and is satisfied.
      He even warms himself and says,

“ Ah! I am warm,
      I have seen the fire.”
       17 And the rest of it he makes into a god,
      His carved image.
      He falls down before it and worships it,
      Prays to it and says,
      “ Deliver me, for you are my god!”

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »

Hi David & Sorin,

;D

Yes! I love the fact our God does indeed have a sense of humor, and it does seem to tend toward some sarcasm!

Peace,

Joe

dogcombat

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 12:01:14 PM »

Absolutely Joe,

Remember the old joke:  "Does God have a sense of humor?"

A:  "HE HAD TO.  HE MADE US!! ;D ;D

Ches

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2008, 12:44:07 PM »

:D

Hi Ches,

Yes I remember that and the reason it is funny (as with all good humor) is the fact it has that ring of truth to it!  ;)

Peace,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2008, 02:00:49 PM »

Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.  8)

Peace,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2008, 02:23:17 PM »

LOL  ;D 8) Good one...sarchasm...but here is the consideration...the relative v/s absolute! Therein lies the chasm! :D :)

Extol

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 07:45:47 PM »

lol nice ROFL icon Sorin!! hahaahahaa

eirinikos

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2008, 09:15:39 PM »

Makes sense considering they think that Jesus is the God, and Jesus was and is a man who showed his body even after being transformed into spirit. They are just creating God in man's image.

onelovedread

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 05:47:31 PM »

My Beloved Brethren:
I understand and appreciate the sarcasm, but I think we need to qualify the comments. Eirinikos and Sorin could inadvertently create confusion and misunderstanding with the comments posted below. I invite us to reflect on the three passages below, which speak of the relationship between God the Father and Jesus, and of the nature of Jesus.

Isaiah 9: 6  “For a Child hath been born to us, A Son hath been given to us, And the princely power is on his shoulder, And He doth call his name Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Father of Eternity, Prince of Peace.”

John 1: 1 “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God;  2 this one was in the beginning with God;”

John 1: 14  “And the Word became flesh, and did tabernacle among us, and we beheld his glory, glory as of an only begotten of a father, full of grace and truth.”

Colossians 1: 14 “in whom we have the redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of the sins,
 15 who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation,
 16 because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,
 17 and himself is before all, and the all things in him have consisted.
 18 And himself is the head of the body -- the assembly -- who is a beginning, a first-born out of the dead, that he might become in all [things] -- himself -- first,

eirinikos:
Makes sense considering they think that Jesus is the God, and Jesus was and is a man who showed his body even after being transformed into spirit. They are just creating God in man's image.
Sorin:
Well, I don't think God has those things, or needs {to eat, rest etc...} because Scripture tells us that "God is not a man" {Nu 23:19 etc..} And also that "God is Spirit"  {Jhn 4:24} so that means He does not have a material body like us, and we are not {yet} created in His image. Also, if God had two eyes in front of his face like us, how would He see behind His back?
Just the way I view things I suppose,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 22 queries.