bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When Christ comes/first resurrection  (Read 5241 times)

josmom

When Christ comes/first resurrection
« on: March 08, 2008, 04:38:11 AM »

Hi guys.  I apologize if Ray has covered this--I looked, but I couldn't find anything on this specifically (I may have overlooked it though). My question is:  When Jesus comes again and all the dead in Him, the elect, are resurrected, and the elect alive at His coming are changed "in the twinkling of an eye"--what will happen to the nonbelievers/unsaved that are alive at that time?  Where will they be during the millennial period?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 04:40:38 AM by josmom »

Kat

Re: When Christ comes/first resurrection
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, 11:40:07 AM »

Hi josmom,

what will happen to the nonbelievers/unsaved that are alive at that time?  Where will they be during the millennial period?

No I don't think Ray has mentioned this before.
All I can think of is that when Jesus Christ returns, as you said, the dead in Him, the elect, are resurrected, and the elect alive at His coming are changed "in the twinkling of an eye"--
Then those left that are still alive, will join the rest of humanity at the Great White Throne Judgement and then be cast into the Lake of fire. 

Rev 20:15  And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Which all will take place here on earth.

Isa 26:9 ...For when Your judgments are in the earth, The inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

I won't try to guess just how all that will take place, but I hope this helps.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 11:44:53 AM by Kat »

Phil3:10

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 06:57:31 PM »

Kat,
Do you think when Christ returns for his elect that all others will be thrown into the Lake of Fire? Will the Lake of Fire judgement occur here on earth and will all life as we know it cease to exist at this time.  Will CHRIST and HIS elect inhabit this earth until the 1000 year reign ends? Will the inhabitants of the earth learn righteousness during the 1000 year reign of CHRIST?
This is a lot of questions and I will appreciate any input.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 12:58:41 AM »

Hi Phil,

Do you think when Christ returns for his elect that all others will be thrown into the Lake of Fire? Will the Lake of Fire judgement occur here on earth and will all life as we know it cease to exist at this time. Will CHRIST and HIS elect inhabit this earth until the 1000 year reign ends? Will the inhabitants of the earth learn righteousness during the 1000 year reign of CHRIST?
This is a lot of questions and I will appreciate any input.

From my own perspective this is my understanding of the Scripture concerning Christ's return.

Rev 5:10  And have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth."

Acts 17:31 forasmuch as He assigns a day in which He is about to be judging the inhabited earth in righteousness by the Man Whom He specifies, tendering faith to all, raising Him from among the dead" (CLV)

This Scripture in Rev. 5 and Acts 17 shows clearly that the Elect will be ruling on the earth.

Psa 96:9  Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness! Tremble before Him, all the earth.
Psa 96:10  Say among the nations, "The LORD reigns; The world also is firmly established, It shall not be moved; He shall judge the peoples righteously."
Psa 96:11  Let the heavens rejoice, and let the earth be glad; Let the sea roar, and all its fullness;

http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html --------------------------
There are three realms of humanity and three realms of spiritual understanding. The lowest of all is the sea. Those with at least some spiritual understanding are those who dwell in the earth. And those who have the very mind of Christ are those who dwell in heaven. ALL REALMS will give honor and glory to God--------------------------------

Psa 96:12  Let the field be joyful, and all that is in it. Then all the trees of the woods will rejoice before the LORD.
Psa 96:13  For He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth. He shall judge the world with righteousness, And the peoples with His truth.

We can see in Psalms that Christ reigns and judges the world and we saw in Rev. 5 and Acts 17 that it was on the earth. 

In Rev. 19 it puts them together with Christ and His army of Elect returning to rule and judge the world.

Rev 19:11  Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
Rev 19:14  And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.
Rev 19:15  Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

So Christ gathers His Elect and will return with them to earth to reign and rule. 

Rev 20:4  And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them... And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

The 1000 years is this same time of Christ and the Elect's reign on earth and is a figurative number and just means however long it takes.  In verse 5 the part about the 1000 years in spurious.

Rev 21:1  And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

This to me says that when Christ rules, everything will be different and "new."  I think this physical world will remain, it will be how the people on earth live that will be totally different.  The end that says "there was no more sea," is this saying there will be no more sea - the realm of humanity (up in the email insert) that know nothing of God?

Isa 11:9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness.

So these Scripture says that the earth will be full of righteouness that the inhabitants will learn.  And who are the inhabitants of the earth that Christ and the Elect will rule and judge?

Rev 19:20  Then the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who worked signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image. These two were cast alive into the lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev 20:15  And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

This Lake of fire is the judgment that is reserved for those cast in it.

2Peter 3:7  But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

How does this fire judge people?

Heb 12:29  For our God is a consuming fire.

1Co 3:13  Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14  If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15  If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

And finally here is the ultimate outcome.

1Co 15:25  For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet.
1Co 15:28  Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

Well that took a lot more than I thought it would.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 05:35:30 PM »

Kat,
Thank you for your well thought out reply. I know that I asked to many questions but your answers were very complete and truthful. HIS elect will return with HIM and will judge with HIM. When HIS judgements are in the world the world will learn righteousness.
I thank GOD that I now see judgement and fire as good. Again, my sincere thanks for helping me understand.
In HIM,
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.