bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there Contradictions in the King James Bible?  (Read 15586 times)

Brett

Re: Are there Contradictions in the King James Bible?
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 08:43:12 PM »

I believe if you or I had the original hebrew, aramaic, and/or greek text, you would still find error and contradiction without THE HOLY SPIRIT.

Excellent point and observation Bradigans!

Peace,

Joe

YES! Excellent, excellent, excellent! Very TRUE!

Brett ;)

Bradigans

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »

- John 16:13 - Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

- Luke 11:13 - If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

IN HIS LOVE

Paul

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2008, 11:04:30 PM »

Psalm 119:160 tells us that The Sum of His Word is Truth. Not a poorly translated Bible, written intentionally by Hell-Mongers. That, is NOT God's Word.

Are you saying the KJV tells you you're going to hell?

Sorin

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »

Quote from: Paul

Are you saying the KJV tells you you're going to hell?

Psalm 119:160

Young's Literal Translation
The sum of Thy word is truth, And to the age is every judgment of Thy righteousness!

sum      /sʌm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[suhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation, noun, verb, summed, sum·ming.
–noun
1.   the aggregate of two or more numbers, magnitudes, quantities, or particulars as determined by or as if by the mathematical process of addition: The sum of 6 and 8 is 14.
2.   a particular aggregate or total, esp. with reference to money: The expenses came to an enormous sum.
3.   an indefinite amount or quantity, esp. of money: to lend small sums.
4.   a series of numbers or quantities to be added up.
5.   an arithmetical problem to be solved, or such a problem worked out and having the various steps shown.
6.   the full amount, or the whole.
7.   the substance or gist of a matter, comprehensively or broadly viewed or expressed: the sum of his opinions.
8.   concise or brief form: in sum.
9.   Mathematics.
a.   the limit of the sequence of partial sums of a given infinite series.
b.   union (def. 10a).
10.   a summary.

I like number 6. The whole. The full amount. So if the whole of God's Word is Truth, then anything that isn't the whole, or the full amount of God's Word is NOT Truth. And if it's NOT Truth, then it isn't God's Word-for His word is Truth. "Am I going to fast for anyone?"

;)

Therefore, The KJV with it's untruthful translations, IS NOT GOD'S WORD. God would never say "forever and ever" for example, because unlike Christian Theologians, God knows how to speak. And why couldn't they translate the words properly? How did they get "Hell" out of Sheol, and or Hades? And why so many revisions, if it's "God's Word"? If it's perfect, as some claim..  ::)

And no the KJV doesn't "tell me" anything, at least I haven't yet heard it speak. Have you?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:10:54 AM by Sorin »

dewey

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 12:55:17 AM »

Sorin,
I don't think we have GOD'S perfect word and I am sure HE planned it that way. Only if we had the SPIRIT OF GOD inspired originals would we have the true word. Every translator, translation and version thereafter would not be perfectly true to the originals due to mistakes, human error and difference in word interpretation.
GOD'S word has to be spiritually discerned and I think HE can use many versions to accomplish HIS will. I do not have much trust in any of the new versions and know the KJV is not totally correct. However, I personally trust the KJV more than any other. Our LORD works with each of us individually to aid us in HIS ways. If we earnestly and honestly seek HIM I feel HE will reveal to HIS chosen HIS truths. I surely think HE only reveals what we are capable of understanding at any one time but if we hunger and thirst after HIS word HE will provide understanding as we can assimilate them. MY faith is in HIM and HIS HOLY SPIRIT to reveal HIMSELF to me as HE sees fit to.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

phil3:10 you have just posted one of the most GOD inspired post that I have seen on this forum in a long time.
 Example, only by GODS spirit can we understand the mysteries of GOD, the spirit that I have been touched with prevoked me to say this to you for confermation. I beleve the word of GOD can not be knowen to mortal men. you know what he said about seeing his face,To see the meaning of his words  would be the same thing. If I  understand this rite  to know the meaning of all the word of God ,would be like a death sentance. Our father will not give any of us more than we can handle.To my understanding that is the only reason he speaks to us in parables,if there is any one out there that knowes what our father is speaking of , please dont tell me , I want to be in the kingdom of GOD but not to night. Remember when Jesus asked one of the deciples now that I have explained that parable to you do you understand? I belive it was the spokeman of the group,simon peter , said ya we got it now ! Our pastor smith says  , yaa they didint have a clue.

I know that there will be some that will conter post on what I have just said , and with a lot of good scripture to prove there point , it will only prove what I have just said is truth.In the spirit of our brother and saviour Jesus Christ,my wife paula and I love all of you and yours. dewey

Sorin

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 02:01:19 AM »

Quote from: Dewey
phil3:10 you have just posted one of the most GOD inspired post that I have seen on this forum in a long time.
 Example, only by GODS spirit can we understand the mysteries of GOD, the spirit that I have been touched with prevoked me to say this to you for confermation.

Have I, or anybody else in this thread said anything contrary to that? Do you really believe anyone on here believes that we can understand the mysteries of God without His Spirit?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 02:03:13 AM by Sorin »

Chris R

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 08:22:54 AM »

he said it at other times that the KJV is actually a pretty good translation once you know the truth about how they translated "hell" and "eternal" and a few other things.

Right, he holds the KJV against the original hebrew and greek.

My question is if one were to go by the KJV alone, would they find it to be a contradictory volume?

Who has "original" copies of the Hebrew and Greek?

Chris R.

http://bible-truths.com/bible.htm

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 08:26:42 AM by Chris R »

David

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 09:51:34 AM »

And I'm not asking if it contradicts with the original manuscripts; I'm asking if it contradicts itself.

Hi Paul.
You question pretty much answers itself IMO. Of course if there are translation errors which are not in the original manuscripts, then it follows it is going to contradict correctly translated scriptures.
The fact that the word Hell, understood by most to mean an eternal torture pit with flames and a guy with rams horns, a serpant tale and a firey pitch fork in his hand, is in the King james and most other popular English Bibles, contradicts ALL scripture.
Be blessed
David.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.