bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I want to look this guy in the eye and shake his hand!  (Read 4684 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
I want to look this guy in the eye and shake his hand!
« on: March 08, 2008, 02:53:47 PM »

Ray,

The past 48 hours have been a marathon bible study sitting at your feet (website).
    As I studied your treatise on tithing, which took hours, I mused to my wife, "I want to look this guy in the eye and shake his hand!"  I see your upcoming conference in Nashville, so that opportunity is available.

I recently left a congregation where me and my family have attended 20 years.  I found myself being repulsed but couldn't put my finger on it.  It got so serious, that I would leave the building and walk out to the parking lot, only to realize my wife had the keys in her purse.  But, being so repulsed, I began to walk home four or five miles on shoe leather.  This only happened twice, but I felt the urge on many occasions, just to get up and leave.  I'm sure others, beside myself, questioned my sanity.

Now, I'm quite inspired and relieved to be free.  I enjoyed the left foot of fellowship once 20 years ago at another church.  They yanked my leadership roles and basically disgraced me in a called meeting.  Weak and shocked, I continued to attend.  As the preacher shared his morning message, I was distracted and began to read my bible.  A scripture leapt off the page and into my pschye and my heart, you've shared it already in your emails:  John 16:1-3  They shall put you out of the synagogues and ....whoever kills you will think he does God service...  this they do because they don't know the Father nor Me.  (paraphrased)

I left there immediately.

Then, fast-forward 20 years, it seems to be happening again.  This time, wiser, and less willing to fight the powers that be, and because I now know Psalm 37:4  Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Verse 1 starts out:  Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be envious against the workers of iniquity.  A strong statement if viewed regarding our Christian Churches, and a sad one too.

So, it seems that I'm on a solo mission to ferret others who are searching for truth and seek God's will.  You can bet I'll be using my bible as my road map and letting the Spirit of God guide me.  I love the people of my former church, they are wonderful and gifted in so many ways.  Maybe God has a plan to use me in some way accomplish a part of his plan, we'll see.

Thanks for sharing your website and knowledge with the rest of us.  Usually I can pick apart writings with ease as untrue and biased.  I've only read three or four of your articles, but they appear sound.  I'm amazed and actually very surprised to have found you on the web.  I've also done searches on the web as others to figure out who you are and with whom you are affiliated.  That was utterly fun to see you called a nut, a fruitcake, and on and on, excuse me as I grin ear to ear at your expense.  But like my wife always says, "Consider the source."  Who are they, what are their affiliations and what do they believe?

Ray, keep up the great work, I see you are now a retired roofer, congratulations.

Sincerely, Bruce
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 22 queries.