bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck With that "Anything's Possible" Attitude  (Read 8498 times)

Paul

Stuck With that "Anything's Possible" Attitude
« on: March 09, 2008, 06:34:26 AM »

A few months ago, I started reading up on Christianity, and discovered it was much more legitamite than I thought (I saw it as a bunch of old tales  :)), and I wanna believe in Jesus Christ, but I'm stuck with that "anything's possible" attitude, meaning I don't completely believe and can't repent. And I love to sin.

So, if anyone has anything to say about that...

Stevernator

Re: Stuck With that "Anything's Possible" Attitude
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 07:02:53 AM »

Hey Paul,
If you truly are interested in the possibilty of the truth of the gospel then my advice to you could be summed up in this passage:

9"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

11"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for[f] a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"
Luke 11:9-11

I grew up in a Christian home and I have been through many times of real weakness and I have researched many different religions. All of my searching has led me back to Jesus and so I believe He is the truth. To me his words are those that could not come from a mere man. Plus I think it can be seen that man cannot perfect himself, he needs God. As for sin, I feel much happier since I started to let go and try to rely on God more. I don't think God expects us to be able to do it on our own. A clean conscious is worth so much. Keep searching my friend.

Best wishes,
Steve
PS I think this might be moved to Off Topic Discussions

Samson

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 12:04:51 PM »

Hello Paul,

With all the deceit, hypocrisy and double standards presented by the main denominations of Christianity(not necessarily individuals), but their Organizations, no one on their own would be able to believe any of it, God does the dragging and whats' impossible for men, is possible with God. Can you imagine belonging to a Denomination most your Adult and firmly believing they had the " Truth " and eventually finding out they were not Gods' exclusive channel directing his people on Earth. I was one of those people believing in such a thing, been very skeptical ever since, but I didn't abandon the Bible along with that Organization, from what I understand, many that have left that Organization became Agnostic or an Atheist.

After realizing that Man doesn't have Free Will or Free Moral Agency as previously taught, I started to second guess myself for awhile, should I take this road or that road, soon I stopped this ridiculous way of thinking.

Insofar as Sinning is concerned, it usually does feel good to Sin at first, thats' why Satan tempts us with it, but God has us learn from the consequences of our actions, its' part of our training. Just remember Paul, what it says at Romans. 3:23 & 1 John. 1:8 thru 1 John. 2:2.

Hope this will help you out alittle, if not, accept my Apologies, my intentions were good.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 12:48:31 PM »

Hi Paul,

Here are a few emails on the subject.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1710.0.html ----

I would love to write a paper on "faith," but at present I am engrossed in several other projects. Let me "bottom line" it for you in a few statements.

Faith is the assurance that God's Word is Truth and that God will do all that He has promised.  This assurance (faith) is a GIFT of God and cannot be obtained by any human endeavor (Eph. 2:8-9).  Reading and hearing the Scriptures can increase your faith, BUT ONLY BECAUSE GOD SUPERNATURALLY GIVES YOU THAT FAITH AND ASSURANCE, as you read and hear.  Through faith you will both know God's will and live God's will.  You must go to God for faith--there is no other source of true spiritual faith and assurance of God's trustworthiness.

God be with you,
Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2196.0.html ----

Read the material on our site. Read ALL of it. Maybe some of it will "rub off" on you.  I personally have my faith strengthened by reading Paul's epistles. You see, I know in my heart of hearts that Paul is not a phony, a liar, a charlatan.  Paul was one intelligent dude, and he emphatically believed the Scriptures. He believed Jesus. He performed miracles. He raised the dead.  Most will say, "But I don't believe it."  I know they don't. That's why I said "The faith is not for everyone."

One way to really come to believe in the Scriptures is not to speculate, and read the higher criticism of others about them, but by LIVING THEM. When you live them, you believe them, and you start to understand them. Try it.

God be with you,
Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4181.0.html ------

Primarily, we must repent of our "carnal minds" which HATE God (I realize that most people do not believe that they ever hated God, but by their disobedience, they prove that they did), which are at the root cause of all our other sins. We repent of not only what we have done wrong, but the reason why we did wrong in the first place.  The human heart which is the seat of our emotions and morality or lack thereof, "is deceitful above all things and exceedingly WEAK--who can know it" (Jer. 17:9, Jewish Publication Society), Although all will be saved, not one will be saved until he repents of his sins, accepts Jesus Christ as the Saviour of his soul, and learns to live a godly life.

Ask God to grant to you repentance (Rom. 2:4).

God be with you,
        Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6018.0.html ------

"What do [you] need to do?"  REPENT.  How do you repent?  Only God can bring you to repentance (Rom. 2:4); only God can drag you to Christ (John 6:44); only God can accomplish His achievement [workmanship] in you (Eph. 2:8-10).  You must come to really hate your sins before you (through) God, will truly repent of your sins and stop doing them.  You obviously are not there yet.  Pray that God brings you to that place in your life.

God be with you,
    Ray

Bradigans

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 12:51:39 PM »

You're way ahead of the ball game, because repentance begins with truth. You told it like it is, how you love to sin.

- Psalms 32:2 - Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

The Bible states there are none righteous.

- Romans 3:10 - As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

You just point blank admitted it. God can do a lot for and with you bro. Repentance is all about coming to God as a little child (without inhibition) as a lost sinner. Oh, i'm excited about how God can use you. It takes some of us so long to come to that point of being able to admit that we love sinning. Oh, alleluia!!! God hates religion, and the self righteous. He wrote religion and it's self righteousness off in one of the prophet's.

- Isaiah 64:6 - But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

See, religion teaches self righteousness or humanism. That is that you can pull your self up by your own boot straps. That is one of the biggest lies in hell. Look at what Christ has to say.

- Matthew 9:12 - They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

The whole human race (outside of Christ) is sick (sin sick) because of the sin (trespass) of father Adam. Christ came to remedy that sickness.

- Matthew 18:11 - For the Son of man is come to save that which was lost.

Mankind on this space vessel called the earth, lost contact (died spiritually) with it's creator when Adam did what he did back in the garden. You see, God is a Spirit.

-  John 4:24 - God is a Spirit: and they that worship (fellowship, contact) him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Your sin problem has a spiritual etiology and cause. With no further delay, here's the remedy. Okay, everybody... I need your prayers now ( Luke 4:18,19)!!!

Dear brother, for God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting (eternal) life (St John 3:16).

Sincerely,

IN HIS LOVE    

Kat

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »

Hi Bradigans,

The whole human race (outside of Christ) is sick (sin sick) because of the sin (trespass) of father Adam. Christ came to remedy that sickness.

Mankind on this space vessel called the earth, lost contact (died spiritually) with it's creator when Adam did what he did back in the garden. You see, God is a Spirit.

So are you saying that Adam's sin was passed on to all humanity?

Here is an email that discusses that idea.

http://bible-truths.com/email5.htm#Adam ------------

As with ALL major doctrines, the Christian Church has not a clue as to this subject of "original sin."

The doctrine taught is that Adam and Eve were PERFECT (after all, could God create something that was NOT perfect? Were they not created in God's OWN IMAGE)?

Well, they were "perfect" in the same way that Satan (a liar and a murderer from the very beginning) was perfect -- PERFECT FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH GOD CREATED THEM.

Adam and Eve ALREADY had lust and disobedience in their hearts BEFORE the serpent approached them. Eve LUSTED BEFORE she ever actually ate of the fruit. Small technicality for our Christian friends.

Now then let's read Rom. 5:12 together: 

"Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin: and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

Now then, WHERE does that verse say that Adam's "sin was passed on to all in the world?"  Was "sin" passed on? NO! "DEATH" was passed on.

Are we condemned because of "ADAM'S SIN?"   NO! "...for that ALL have sinned."  All have sinned their OWN individual sins, they are not condemned because of Adam's sin, but they did receive "death" from Adam in that "mortality" WAS passed on to the whole human race, because Adam did NOT partake of the "TREE OF LIFE," but rather sinned which brought the penalty God promised of "death."

A better translation helps our understanding: 

"Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind on which all sinned..." (Concordant Literal New Testament).

Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners..."

They were made sinners by VIRTUE OF THE FACT THAT THEY RECEIVED ADAM'S MORTALITY [DEATH] NOT HIS SIN. We sin because we are mortal [dying]. We have NO SPIRITUAL STRENGTH to combat our carnal, sinning, DYING, FLESH. Hence all sin because THEY ARE MORTAL. Adam sinned because HE WAS MORTAL. "It is appointed unto ALL men once to die"

But there are TWO DEATHS -- spiritual and physical. Jesus Christ said: "Let the DEAD bury the DEAD."  Two kinds of "dead" in ONE VERSE. The SPIRITUALLY DEAD, who bury the PHYSICALLY DEAD!

Hope that helps your understanding a little better. One more point: Any human being from any generation in the history of the human race, if put in the garden under the same conditions as Adam, would have ALSO SINNED THE SAME WAY. Adam sinned not because he could have chosen NOT TO SIN, but because he was made too spiritually weak to avoid or conquer sin. God MADE Adam subject to VANITY and CORRUPTION (and "not willingly"). See Romans 8:18-23).

God be with you,
Ray

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 02:58:07 PM »

A few months ago, I started reading up on Christianity, and discovered it was much more legitamite than I thought (I saw it as a bunch of old tales  :)), and I wanna believe in Jesus Christ, but I'm stuck with that "anything's possible" attitude, meaning I don't completely believe and can't repent. And I love to sin.

So, if anyone has anything to say about that...

Well you're not alone. I don't think i would say i LOVE to sin, but i can't STOP sinning...  I hate it, but for some reason i seem to do what i hate, and what i do love, i can't do.. like obey God. So you're not alone dear friend.

Only God can give you the faith required to believe in Him because as paul has said, it is a Gift from God and what have we that we did not recieve? Offcourse, we have NOTHING we didn't recieve, because it's all FROM GOD! =]

Love in Christ,

Alex

Phil3:10

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 03:38:42 PM »

Paul,
I so agree with what you said about sin being fun and hard to overcome. In our carnal nature we can never overcome our desire to sin. However, with CHRIST indwelling us we do find that our sinning hurts HIM. Christianity(religion) is one of the worse things to ever happen to mankind and to the cause of CHRIST. CHRIST calls us to a personal relationship with HIM, not Christianity. However, none can come to CHRIST unless GOD draws them. Read carefully John Chapter 6. (Verse 44. No man can come to ME, except the FATHER which has sent me draw him; and I will raise him up at the last day.) You can't repent until GOD drags you to HIM.  However, your honesty is wonderful and I do feel that our LORD is touching your heart.
One of the best scriptures I know is John 5:39., Search the scriptures; for in them you think you have eternal life; and they are they which testify of me. Our LORD will start you on spiritual milk but as you seek HIM he will lead you to spiritual solid food. We all sin either by commission or ommission. CHRIST forgives our sins and only in HIM is there real life.
In HIM,
Phil3:10

Bradigans

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 10:53:12 PM »

Hi Bradigans,

So are you saying that Adam's sin was passed on to all humanity?

Here is an email that discusses that idea.

http://bible-truths.com/email5.htm#Adam ------------

As with ALL major doctrines, the Christian Church has not a clue as to this subject of "original sin."

The doctrine taught is that Adam and Eve were PERFECT (after all, could God create something that was NOT perfect? Were they not created in God's OWN IMAGE)?

Well, they were "perfect" in the same way that Satan (a liar and a murderer from the very beginning) was perfect -- PERFECT FOR THE PURPOSE FOR WHICH GOD CREATED THEM.

Adam and Eve ALREADY had lust and disobedience in their hearts BEFORE the serpent approached them. Eve LUSTED BEFORE she ever actually ate of the fruit. Small technicality for our Christian friends.

Now then let's read Rom. 5:12 together: 

"Wherefore, as by one man [Adam] sin entered into the world, and death by sin: and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned."

Now then, WHERE does that verse say that Adam's "sin was passed on to all in the world?"  Was "sin" passed on? NO! "DEATH" was passed on.

Are we condemned because of "ADAM'S SIN?"   NO! "...for that ALL have sinned."  All have sinned their OWN individual sins, they are not condemned because of Adam's sin, but they did receive "death" from Adam in that "mortality" WAS passed on to the whole human race, because Adam did NOT partake of the "TREE OF LIFE," but rather sinned which brought the penalty God promised of "death."

A better translation helps our understanding: 

"Therefore, even as through one man sin entered into the world, and through sin death, and thus death passed through into all mankind on which all sinned..." (Concordant Literal New Testament).

Rom. 5:19 "For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners..."

They were made sinners by VIRTUE OF THE FACT THAT THEY RECEIVED ADAM'S MORTALITY [DEATH] NOT HIS SIN. We sin because we are mortal [dying]. We have NO SPIRITUAL STRENGTH to combat our carnal, sinning, DYING, FLESH. Hence all sin because THEY ARE MORTAL. Adam sinned because HE WAS MORTAL. "It is appointed unto ALL men once to die"

But there are TWO DEATHS -- spiritual and physical. Jesus Christ said: "Let the DEAD bury the DEAD."  Two kinds of "dead" in ONE VERSE. The SPIRITUALLY DEAD, who bury the PHYSICALLY DEAD!

Hope that helps your understanding a little better. One more point: Any human being from any generation in the history of the human race, if put in the garden under the same conditions as Adam, would have ALSO SINNED THE SAME WAY. Adam sinned not because he could have chosen NOT TO SIN, but because he was made too spiritually weak to avoid or conquer sin. God MADE Adam subject to VANITY and CORRUPTION (and "not willingly"). See Romans 8:18-23).

God be with you,
Ray

Amen... So we didn't inherit his sin, but the wages of his sin which is death?

- Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Thank you for giving me a clearer picture. i kind of felt a little uneasy earlier when i put we inherited sin through father Adam. It's death (spiritual separation) we inherited which i believe is what leads to the physical death of our bodies. Please reprove me if i'm wrong.

We all would have did the same thing as father Adam. The scripture states it succinctly. He represents the entire human race. Everything is a part or plays a part in God's overall divine plan and purpose. Thanks for being patient with me as i'm catching up and on to some of these great and marvellous spiritual truths presented here at this site.

IN HIS LOVE   

Kat

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2008, 12:01:39 AM »

Hi Bradigans,

We are all learning these things and I'm always glad to share something I have learned  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

David

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 04:30:10 PM »

Hi Paul.
I can identify exactly with where you are right now, I was there myself not too many years ago. I grew up in a family that really had no time for religion of any kind, which is fairly typical of British families since the 1950s and 60s.
I personally think the Church is next to useless in helping people who are where you are. They talk about faith and God and being saved and Jesus Christ as though the unbelieving are just supposed to know exactly what they are talking about. In my experience since becoming a Christian, ad this was my own experience what unbelievers are looking for when God begins to drag them is (paraphrasing)....."Ok I want to believe, so prove to me there's a God, prove to me about this guy called Jesus Christ, did he really do all those miracles? Did he really walk out of his tomb and was raised from the dead? Whats this stuff all about?"
These are the questions that need answers way before the deeper spiritual stuff.
I just want to say here that I mean no disrespect to anyone with this next part. Many in the Church, many that come from religious backgrounds, religious families etc tend to forget that there are billions still in western society that come from secular backgrounds, had secular education, and that there is a prevailing culture these days of proof proof proof to almost everything.
The fundamental questions facing anyone being drawn to God are is there a Divine creator, a God? If so did He send His Son to earth 2000 years ago to be the savior of all mankind, and was He risen from the dead?
Well I did a lot of searching, listened to a lot of teaching, read the Bible, read Bible comentries etc, and God brought me to the conclusion that the answer to both questions was yes.
Oddly enough, while initially studdying the Bible (and not really understanding a lot of it to begin with, I was just fact finding), one of things that helped me and still does today is studdying cosmology and astro physics. I found that some of the worlds leading cosmologists and physicists, all avid atheists, are now concluding that there must be a creative superior intelligent force at work in the universe. Sure they don't believe in the God of the Bible, but they are lead by their findings to believe that the universe did not create itself out of nothingness.
Up until recently there was always a 1-2% chance for randomness in the way in which the universe functions according to their findings. But a recent discovery has totally eradicated any possibility of randomness in the universe, and its called the cosmological constant. According to physicists its is so finely balanced that it cannot be changed by 0. 120 zeroes after the decimal, which is a trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion trillion (don't ask me what that number is, I just know it was a trillion six times over). They calculate that should this constant force be changed by that almost incalculable tiny amount, then its all over, there's no life, the universe collapses and that's game over.  This they say is proof beyond any reasonable doubt that there is no randomness in the universe. Of course there were those (and there still are some) that put forward a theory of what they termed "the multiverse". This is the idea that there are infinite universes, all different, which they say reinstates the possibility of randomness (do you see how silly this gets, hanging on to this theory of the universe just evolving out of nothing?) What they could never have imagined is just where this mutiverse theory would take them.   You see, if that be the case, then that introduces the possibility that there is a universe, or many that are far advanced to ours, in which could live  superior beings with the ability to simulate a universe.........one just like ours.....so where are they? Back to the possibility of a superior creative force behind the universe. Well only God can give you faith. The scientists are floundering with this random evolution stuff as you can see.

As for Jesus Christ. Well for me that was the easy part once God had drawn me. The evidence is simply overwhelming. Christ is by far the most reliably documented person in ancient history. Writings of his life, ministry, miracles, death and resurrection were being widely circulated as early as 7 years after he left the earth, against a backdrop of deadly opposition.
Seven years is incredibally soon after the events by the standards of ancient history. The idea that people would risk stoning, crucifixion etc by writing about something that never took place is utterly ridiculous to my mind. There were many around that time making all sorts of claims to be messiahs etc, but their stories were practically forgotten and lost to time, and as we see from the story of Barjesus in Acts its because they were total frauds. The Gospel of Jesus Christ remains to this day because it is true.

As for being a slave to sin, show me a Christian that isn't or wasn't. Romans 3:10-12 “ There is none righteous, no, not one;11 There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. 12 They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable;There is none who does good, no, not one.”
Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
No man that ever drew breath on the earth lived without sinning, save for our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.
I pray that God will continue to draw you Paul, and that you will come to know Jesus Christ through his Spirit.
Be blessed.
David.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 04:36:41 PM by David »

Linny

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 12:08:17 AM »

Hey Paul!

You know, sin is always fun when you are doing it or else nobody would be doing it!  ;)
But it is when you are NOT doing it that you feel its effects on you. Sin leaves us empty.
The Lord doesn't want to take away our fun. He just wants to replace the things we use for fun with things that last. Now my fun leaves me full and content and happy.
You don't have to quit anything. If you feel like you are being led into this thing called Christianity, then when you surrender to it (Him), the Holy Spirit will slowly remove those desires from you and replace them with the good stuff.
Just keep investigating and listen to your heart.

David

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 07:48:26 PM »

Gods Spirit has lead me to see that the sin we are a slave to in Babylon is much more of an affront to God than any physical sin in our lives.
Scripture tells us that Jesus reserved his most fierce indignation and anger for those that blasphemed Him and the Father, that committed spiritual sin.

Bradigans

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2008, 11:34:17 PM »

Hey Paul!

You know, sin is always fun when you are doing it or else nobody would be doing it!  ;)
But it is when you are NOT doing it that you feel its effects on you. Sin leaves us empty.
The Lord doesn't want to take away our fun. He just wants to replace the things we use for fun with things that last. Now my fun leaves me full and content and happy.
You don't have to quit anything. If you feel like you are being led into this thing called Christianity, then when you surrender to it (Him), the Holy Spirit will slowly remove those desires from you and replace them with the good stuff.
Just keep investigating and listen to your heart.

Yes, sin leaves the child of God empty, but with the reprobate it's a different story because they have not THE SPIRIT of God.

- Ephesians 4:30 - And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

This is to the bona fide sons of God because the world has not been sealed.

- John 17:6 - I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

The world can find fulfillment in sin, because they have another Spirit.

- Ephesians 2:1-2 - And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

As long as they're not hurting one of us that belong to THE BROTHERHOOD, let them enjoy themselves. Don't envy them. This is it for them...

Linny

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 02:23:47 AM »

[/quote]
Yes, sin leaves the child of God empty, but with the reprobate it's a different story because they have not THE SPIRIT of God.

Don't envy them. This is it for them...

[/quote]

I'm afraid I don't agree and I don't see how the Scripture you quoted proved your points.
I was quite involved in the world of sin before I was called to something better and it left me empty as well as my friends. And if the world is fullfilled then why are they medicating themselves to get through the day and so many of them committing suicide?
Just in case you took my comments to mean I was envious of my former lifestyle to which so many are still connected, I am not. Been there, done that. I do not look back with longing....

Bradigans

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 04:07:08 AM »

Don't envy them. This is it for them...

[/quote]

I'm afraid I don't agree and I don't see how the Scripture you quoted proved your points.
I was quite involved in the world of sin before I was called to something better and it left me empty as well as my friends. And if the world is fullfilled then why are they medicating themselves to get through the day and so many of them committing suicide?
Just in case you took my comments to mean I was envious of my former lifestyle to which so many are still connected, I am not. Been there, done that. I do not look back with longing....
[/quote]

You have a right to believe how you want to believe. And i respect that. All i have is THE WORD.

- Proverbs 8:36 - But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

The world thrives off of discord, disharmony, and dysfunction. These are things that lead to death, destruction, depression, mania and whatever else you want to call it. What it really is, is separation (spiritual separation) from the almighty God.

- Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death, the first death (spiritual separation from God); but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

I didn't say it, THE WORD said it...

Linny

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 02:07:04 PM »

Obviously we are not in the same train of thought here because I have yet to disagree with the Word or have separate beliefs from the Word. I am still unclear as to why you are disagreeing with me.
I said the Scriptures you are quoting do not negate what I said, I didn't say I disagreed with the Scriptures.

Yes, sin leads to death and the world is filled with people who live separated from God. I just said that I didn't see any Scriptures you quoted saying there were happy and fulfilled people living this way.
All I have is the Word as well.

Many blessings,
Lin

Bradigans

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 03:24:10 PM »

Obviously we are not in the same train of thought here because I have yet to disagree with the Word or have separate beliefs from the Word. I am still unclear as to why you are disagreeing with me.
I said the Scriptures you are quoting do not negate what I said, I didn't say I disagreed with the Scriptures.

Yes, sin leads to death and the world is filled with people who live separated from God. I just said that I didn't see any Scriptures you quoted saying there were happy and fulfilled people living this way.
All I have is the Word as well.

Many blessings,
Lin

Look at the rich and powerful, and at Hollywood, and at people going after these careers in education. Everyone's interested in that which is of the world (the secular and it's ideal). 

- 1 John 2:15 - Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.    

If it's not the world's commendation and accolades (degree's) through education, then it's to be a professional athlete. All these things are sin in God's eyes as far as for His sons are concerned. Look at what was said about Moses, because no matter how you look at it, sin has it's season in which it is fulfilling, temporally.

- Hebrews 11:25-26 - Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

Why do you think so many are going that way (the world's way Matthew 7:13)? It's appealing, and gives a false since of security and fulfillment; at least, for a season...

IN HIS LOVE

Paul

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 11:17:18 PM »

Thanks for the great responses guys.

I'm an extremely materialistic person, so I guess that would be the main thing keeping me apart from Christ at this point.

Bradigans

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2008, 05:34:01 AM »

Thanks for the great responses guys.

I'm an extremely materialistic person, so I guess that would be the main thing keeping me apart from Christ at this point.

At least you open and honest about it, because then something can be done. Something can be done, not by you, but by Him.

- 1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

You see, repentance (salvation) really isn't about you doing or not doing anything. You can't heal yourself.

- Matthew 9:12 - They that be whole (unmaimed, untainted) need not a physician, but they that are sick.

All God demands is honesty about your symptoms. Don't be embarrassed when you come to God's ER. Many of us have or have had cardiac (spiritual heart) problems. Many of us have or have had spiritual cancers and lyphoma's. And yes, as embarrassing as it sounds, many of us have or have had runny issue's and VD's. But you can't let Satan shame you once you find out that repentance (salvation) isn't about you doing or not doing anything. Salvation (repentance) isn't about healing yourself. You can't heal yourself (Mark 2:17). That's why you have a physician. If you experience a healing and suffer a relapse, or recurrence, what do you do? You go back to THE DOCTOR (DR JESUS) not hiding or covering up anything. Only He can put that thing (materialism, sexism, pedophiliism, envyism,) or whatever your plague into remission. Stay in THE WORD!!!

- Hebrews 11:6 - But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he (THE GREAT SIN PHYSICIAN) is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

IN HIS LOVE   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.