bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: saved  (Read 5491 times)

Kevin

saved
« on: March 18, 2006, 02:27:16 PM »

What does it mean to be saved? Before I use to think that we were saved from the eternal torture of a make believe hell. So the ones that endure till the end are the overcomers, are they the saved ones. Saved from the lake of fire,the great white throne judgement? In the end all will be saved for Jesus is the savior of the world. So are there different applications to being saved. The chosen, the called, the rest of mankind.

roperfam

Re: saved
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 02:34:16 PM »

Quote from: Kevin
What does it mean to be saved? Before I use to think that we were saved from the eternal torture of a make believe hell. So the ones that endure till the end are the overcomers, are they the saved ones. Saved from the lake of fire,the great white throne judgement? In the end all will be saved for Jesus is the savior of the world. So are there different applications to being saved. The chosen, the called, the rest of mankind.

I don't think any of us are saved from fire (whether be the lake of fire, or fire now),

I do think we all are saved from eternal death.  Without Jesus Christ's resurrection, there would never have been hope beyond the grave.

hillsbororiver

saved
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 03:02:01 PM »

Hello Kevin, Laren is right about everyone having to spend time through the fire at some point in time, a few now, the saved, the elect whatever you prefer to call them/us (I can only pray). While many will be converted, the unsaved or called (but not chosen) through the Lake of Fire after the White Throne Judgement.

This part of the creation process is indeed like purifying gold, or strengthening pottery in the kiln, it must be tried and perfected by fire.

Joe

Kevin

saved
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 03:31:38 PM »

I have been reading Rays and Mikes site for a while now. I can look back and see how God has taken me in stages to the truth. I was raised catholic then from there it was the carismatic catholic. Then we started home bible study. From there I went to a nondenominational church while we kept doing home bible study. I havnt been in a church building in quite a while. We have study in our home. Now I look back and see all the false doctrines that God has revieled to me its like starting all over. Everything that we had learned was staight from Babylon. Thats why I posed this question what is meant to be saved. The base of all doctrines to be saved.Everything that i learned was wrong so this is why I asked this question. We all are all being saved. Being saved from eternal death? The reason why I ask is there different types to this is because when it speaks of those who overcome to the end shall be saved. I thought this was speaking of the overcomers not to all of mankind. So I suppose the overcomers are being saved from the second death while the rest of mankind is being saved in the second death.

Mickyd

saved
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 04:13:44 PM »

Ray talked about this at the Nashville Bible conferance.

http://www.aionios.com/mp3s/Ray_GettingSaved_p1.mp3

http://www.aionios.com/mp3s/Ray_GettingSaved_p2.mp3

Listening to this opened my eyes to a great many things!

eutychus

saved
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 04:22:38 PM »

greetings!

is saved was saved will be saved :wink:

Psa 18:3 I will call upon the LORD, [who is worthy] to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.

Psa 106:10 And he saved them from the hand of him that hated [them], and redeemed them from the hand of the enemy.

who is the enemy? death :wink:

eutychus

Sonia

saved
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 04:52:26 PM »

Rom 1
 16for I am not ashamed of the good news of the Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation to every one who is believing, both to Jew first, and to Greek.

17For the righteousness of God in it is revealed from faith to faith, according as it hath been written, `And the righteous one by faith shall live,'

18for revealed is the wrath of God from heaven upon all impiety and unrighteousness of men, holding down the truth in unrighteousness.

Compare to:

Romans 5:8-10
 8and God doth commend His own love to us, that, in our being still sinners, Christ did die for us;

9much more, then, having been declared righteous now in his blood, we shall be saved through him from the wrath;

10for if, being enemies, we have been reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved in his life.

Here's another:
Ezekiel 36:28-30

28And ye have dwelt in the land that I have given to your fathers, And ye have been to Me for a people, And I -- I am to you for God.

29And I have saved you from all your uncleannesses, And I have called unto the corn, and multiplied it, And I have put no famine upon you.

Sonia

eutychus

saved
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 06:26:17 PM »

hey sonia:
good stuff there :wink:

"And I have put no famine upon you. "

Amo 8:11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD:

the words of the LORD:

Jhn 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

be blessed sister :wink:
eutychus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.