bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would You Agree?  (Read 4411 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Would You Agree?
« on: March 11, 2008, 06:17:09 PM »

Ray,
Would agree with this statement: No one should be presenting an idea as if it were Biblical if they cannot cite one verse that would justify teaching that idea. If so, then would you also agree with this statement: Once one has been offered Biblical evidence that proves that a given idea is unbiblical, then they must stop teaching that false idea if they respect the word of God (because to continue to present an idea as if it were Biblical when the Bible proves otherwise is to make void the word of God by your tradition).

If you disagree with either statement, I would certainly be interested to know why. But if you agree with both of the foregoing statements, then I would like to know if you would be willing to be corrected from the scriptures (just the plain reading of the text and nothing else) on a topic where you might be in error.  Please let me know.

Thank you.

Jim

Sure Jim, but 'me thinks' that when you say: "just the plain reading of the text and nothing else," you are referring to spurious, unscriptural "bible" verses? An example would be: "...And these shall go away into everlasting punishment..." whereas, the Greek Manuscripts has "eonian [or age-abiding] chastisement [or correction]" (Matt. 25:46). GIANT different between the Greek Manuscript Scriptures and man-made bible translations.  I'm sorry, Jim, as I know you were so excited at the prospects of me falling for your cleverly-worded,  man-made trap.
        God be with you,
        Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.