bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pray for us in the south!  (Read 4355 times)

David

Pray for us in the south!
« on: March 10, 2008, 09:46:16 AM »

The south coast of Britain is being battered by the worst storms for over 20 years over the next 24 hours.
The room I'm in is shaking now as I type this.
Please join me in praying for those that live in exposed coastal areas, that their homes, businesses and lives be safe in the Lords hands. Also for the very brave emergancy service people out there helping people, and the flood defense workers. God be with them.

ellie77

Re: Pray for us in the south!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:31:57 AM »

Hi David... Praying for you and those you mentioned.I keep thinking of the Lord and how he calmed the seas.May his peace be with you and yours.......Ellie....

Robin

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »

Lots of prayers David.

Keep us updated.

dewey

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 11:04:13 PM »

I saw your request for prayer, you have it from both my wife and I . That looks like one bad storm, if it is the same one that was on the news today the weather man said winds up to 80 miles per hour and was to continue thur wednesday.
  In Jesus love and blessings dewey and paula.

Samson

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 09:51:33 AM »

The south coast of Britain is being battered by the worst storms for over 20 years over the next 24 hours.
The room I'm in is shaking now as I type this.
Please join me in praying for those that live in exposed coastal areas, that their homes, businesses and lives be safe in the Lords hands. Also for the very brave emergancy service people out there helping people, and the flood defense workers. God be with them.

My prayers go out to you David, never hear too much about the weather in Great Britain, Do you have an update for us, as of 3-18-08, is everything okay now and how did things go for you in this weather crisis.

Your Brother, Samson.

David

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 04:47:41 PM »

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind well wishes.
God be praised that as far as I know from the news, there was no loss of life or serious injury. The country thanks to heavy reporting of the storms approaching seemed to be well prepaired.
There was some flood damage to coastal regions due to tidal surges, wrecked boats etc in exposed harbours, structural damage to property from the winds, but no serious injury. I personally saw some waves breaking over cliff edges that are 40 feet high, and surges on flat beaches over 100 metres inland flooding homes and tossing cars around, and deluging some of the coast roads. We live about two miles from the sea, luckily we're high up here so no threat from flooding, but the wind was pretty hairy. Thankfully our buildings stood up to it.
Thank you again everyone, and thank God for answering our prayers.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.