bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your ideas are disagreeable!  (Read 4818 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Your ideas are disagreeable!
« on: March 11, 2008, 06:20:30 PM »

Such Biblical Scholarship is surely something to be coveted!.........  Not.
Ray

You said that the story about the rich man and Lazarus was the fifth part of a
    five part parable. Who said that this was so? It definitely doesn't say so in
    the Bible, this is your own deduction or assumption. The story is not referred
    to in the Bible as a parable. So if people want to believe this story as not
    being a parable, they are not in the wrong, and you are not necessarily right.
    The Lord also said, "There was also a poor man named Lazarus..."
    Why would he say the man was named Lazarus if it was just a generic story, just
    a parable, why would the man need a name and why the name Lazarus? Is the Lord
    trying to be entertaining? In the parables (according to you) before the one
    about Lazarus, the characters are not named! Even in the one about the prodigal
    son, Je sus refers to the sons as the younger and the older one, why didn't he
    just carry on with an inclination to be colorful and name some more characters.
    Jesus also says that Abraham said the following, " Remember my son...", as he
    spoke to the rich man in Hell. Now if the story was just a parable, and Jesus
    attributed certain SPECIFIC WORDS to Abraham, who is a REAL PERSON (I hope you
    agree), saying that Abraham had said those things, then Jesus would be lying.
    Now God is not a man that he should lie! And if Jesus is TRUTH then he won't be
    so frivolous with how he says things! Was Jesus not a precise man? Did he speak
    verbosely or superfluously? This is a story with specific characters! Jesus was
    referring to a real man named Lazarus! If you do not agree, then that's your
    choice, but to force your opinion about this story being an imaginative
    metaphorical idea on others is wrong. You ARE then what you complain other
    christians are when they say the story is literal and true! Maybe you need to
    get to know Jesus a little better.

What you teach - do you really think it is from the Holy Spirit (as you say in
    your credentials) or is it not just the opinion of your Dr. teacher and some
    other theologians? When someone asked you how you became so knowledgeable (in
    his unique opinion), you replied that it was because you had studied under a
    certain Dr. for some years! You did not attribute your learnings to a divine
    revelation. Now there are people, many, who say they have spoken directly to
    Jesus and were taken to Hell where he showed them and told them many things. Now
    you say your teacher is this Dr. though. Now the gospel and the faith of the
    gospel is not based on people who have undergone certain studies, but on
    eyewitnesses. People who saw things. Now why must I listen to your specific
    brain things?

Now I'll give you a scripture, because Paul also knew su ch people who were taken
    to Heaven:

"I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third
    heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows."
    [2Cor 12:2,NIV]

And another one for the defense of these people who you call liars.

" 'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your
    sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men
    will dream dreams." [Acts 2:17,NIV]

In psalms there is extensive writing by King David on his experiences in Sheol,
    Hell. Our belief that Hell is a real and literal place is not far fetched or
    evil! Really, your motive idea is quite silly for why people believe so.

No, not everyone will be saved:

"Someone asked [Jesus], 'Sir will just a few people be saved?'. Jesus answered
    them, 'Do your best to go in through the narrow door; because many people will
    surely try to go in but w ill NOT BE ABLE TO. The master of the house will get up
    and close the door; then when you stand outside and begin to knock on the door
    and say, 'Open the door for us sir!', then he will answer you, 'I don't know
    where you come from!'...How you will cry and grind your teeth when you see
    Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and all the prophets in the Kingdom of God, while you
    are thrown out."[Luke 13:24]

Is this God too harsh for you to believe in? Does God not give and take. Does he
    not DESTROY the WORLD with a flood, burn up Aarons two sons, open the earth and
    swallow people, rain down sulfur and fire from the heavens on Sodom and
    Gomorrah, turn Lots wife into a pillar of salt? Does he not punish the wicked?
    What about the plagues and the things to come in the book of revelation? You
    seem to forget that your God is mighty, powerful, righteous, just...

I have some more scripture for you but for another time!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.