bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C'mon tell me ...Did you laugh your head off ??  (Read 8813 times)

John9362

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
C'mon tell me ...Did you laugh your head off ??
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:59:38 PM »

An amazing story about an e-mail gone wrong !!   

A Minneapolis couple decided to go to Florida to thaw out during a particularly cold winter. They planned to stay at the same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday, with his wife flying down the following day. The husband checked in to the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her e-mail address and without realising his error, sent the e-mail.
Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband’s funeral. He was a minister who had a heart attack and died. The widow decided to check her e-mails, expecting messages from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she screamed and fainted, the widow’s son rushed in to the room and saw the computer screen that read:
To: My Loving Wife
Subject: I’ve arrived
Date: October 16th 2004
I know you’re surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send e-mails to your loved ones. I’ve just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then ! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.
Ps. Sure is hot down here !

Love you guys !!..John9362

musicman

Re: C'mon tell me ...Did you laugh your head off ??
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:16:28 PM »

It's good the letter didn't say:

It's much hotter here than it is there.  I am on fire.  There is a gulf between me and the other side.  I am warning you, you do not want to come to this place.  It's hell down here. 

ellie77

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:18:35 PM »

Head still attached....but really funny....Ellie.....

Sue Creamer

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 10:41:52 AM »

Ha ha ha...I loved this, so funny...made my day!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2008, 05:01:18 PM »

LOL ;D :D  Shame poor lady! :D

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 06:55:49 PM »

Okay I will be a party pooper, I must be weird but I did not find it funny...more sad   :'(

I am in a funky mood and I guess I cannot engage in any Shadenfrueden (enjoyment of anothers misfortune)

His death, her belief bubble burst and a bizzarre note from the grave,...God does work in strange ways sometimes look at all of us gathered here.....perhaps it could be enough to wake her up. :D

beloved

Martinez

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 08:37:41 PM »

I am in a funky mood and I guess I cannot engage in any Shadenfrueden (enjoyment of anothers misfortune)

beloved

Oh come on beloved,

You wouldn't make a very good 5 point Calvinist!

:D

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »

Oh come on beloved,

Absoloodle.....Thank God that he gave me discernment of these stiffnecked type. I would not last five mintues with them, I have gotten up and walked out on some places.  ;D 

I do not mean offense but there are many "jokes" presented that do not seem funny to me....I attribute it to the fact that I am a tough audience to play for.  :P  I love to laugh but now I check... what it is that is ....making me laugh.

Beloved

Martinez

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »

Oh come on beloved,

Absoloodle.....Thank God that he gave me discernment of these stiffnecked type. I would not last five mintues with them, I have gotten up and walked out on some places.  ;D 

I do not mean offense but there are many "jokes" presented that do not seem funny to me....I attribute it to the fact that I am a tough audience to play for.  :P  I love to laugh but now I check... what it is that is ....making me laugh.

Maybe your not a tough audience beloved, maybe that is one of the area's of you that God has cleaned up or convicted you about.
Lot's of people on here watch a lot of movies and TV, but the Lord has convicted me of watching a lot of stuff. I never really watched a lot of TV or Movies anyway, but some of the stuff I did watch was not appropriate, such as southpark, Drawn together and a few others, but even stuff like the the biggest looser is bad for your spiritual health as far as I am concerned.

My point is maybe I am yet to get to that place where I recognize that as being bad. I hope I didn't offend you at all. I was just joking around.
I think there is to much at stake for us to take anything for granted and every spare bit of weight that we can strip off can make the difference between winning or loosing the race. Thankyou for pointing it out beloved. I will more thoughtfull of what my motives for thinking something is funny from now on.

Martinez. :-[

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 07:58:31 PM by Martinez »

dewey

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 07:44:33 PM »

hey martinez I have to agree with you , i see  where you said that beloved would not make a verey good calvinist,there are a lot of people out there that dont understand that , its just a joke , a story , it never really happened ? Just because you read it does mean that you are going to be dragged thur the lake of fire for just reading a joke . How sad . I have to ask, what ever happened to faith and grace,I know that there are some that think they can be saved by being   good. But some day all the people will know that there are not even one good person on the hole planet earth.  In the love of Christ , love ya bro.
    dewey said it

Martinez

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 08:24:05 PM »

hey martinez I have to agree with you , i see  where you said that beloved would not make a verey good calvinist,there are a lot of people out there that dont understand that , its just a joke , a story , it never really happened ? Just because you read it does mean that you are going to be dragged thur the lake of fire for just reading a joke . How sad . I have to ask, what ever happened to faith and grace,I know that there are some that think they can be saved by being   good. But some day all the people will know that there are not even one good person on the hole planet earth.  In the love of Christ , love ya bro.
    dewey said it

I think what beloved is saying is, what are your motives for thinking some of these jokes are funny?

It does not matter whether the people in the jokes are real or not, it is your motives for thinking something is funny that is important.
Let Jesus shed some light on it for you.

Mat 5:27  "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
Mat 5:28  But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Mar 7:18  And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
Mar 7:19  Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
Mar 7:20  And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
Mar 7:21  For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:22  Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
Mar 7:23  All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

It makes no difference wether you laugh at the made up misfortune of an imaginary character in a movie or joke, or the real misfortune of a real person, it's all the same. why would someone find someone else's misfortune funny?

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

What are your motives for thinking these things are funny?

These things are merely sign posts to show us where We are at in our spiritual walk and......

Amo 3:3  Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

We have a long hard slog ahead of us and I for one do not want any excess bagage holding me down, and as paul said.

Heb 12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Thankyou beloved for pointing out some of my excess bagage to me!

:)

Beloved

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 09:45:34 PM »

when I wrote the post , I was a little reluctant because you hit the nail , my pooint was about my reaction and not on the poster. the title says... C'omon tell me....did you laugh your head off? Well I did.

I do not watch much  TV or movies anymore because I no longer have the interests...I still read quite a bit but even that is narrowing....I gave many books away this last year.

I just re-read Bryce Courtenay "the Power of One"....he lives in Oz, the story is set in South Africa pre world war one, it is about boxing. I enjoyed the authors observation of the religious folks , he was not too far off....

This is a good book for you guys out there, the women may enjoy it too...I did.  Now you may  understand the... absoloodle.. it was one of the characters responses   ;D

beloved

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 10:10:06 PM »

I loved that joke! I thought it was pretty funny!
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

John9362

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 10:17:28 PM »

Was it God's plan for the husband to leave out 1 letter from his wifes e-mail address ?? And NOT just any letter BUT the right one so the e-mail doesn't return to sender or go anywhere else but to the widow who's husband (minister) probably taught the burn in hell theory ?? ???
I think our God has the GREATEST sense of humout ever !!  ;) :D ;D..............and the e-mail went exactlly where God wanted it to go.............so many could read it & laugh ......So I could post it and spread the laughter to most  ;D.....I think it's COOL !!

Love you guys
John9362

Beloved

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 11:20:30 PM »

okay..it was perfect poetic justice

beloved ;D

dewey

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2008, 12:05:38 AM »

dewey said it

I think what beloved is saying is, what are your motives for thinking some of these jokes are funny?

It does not matter whether the people in the jokes are real or not, it is your motives for thinking something is funny that is important.

Mat 5:28  But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Mar 7:18  And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
Mar 7:19  Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
Mar 7:21  For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
Mar 7:22  Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:

It makes no difference wether you laugh at the made up misfortune of an imaginary character in a movie or joke, or the real misfortune of a real person, it's all the same. why would someone find someone else's misfortune funny?

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

These things are merely sign posts to show us where We are at in our spiritual walk and......

We have a long hard slog ahead of us and I for one do not want any excess bagage holding me down, and as paul said.

Heb 12:1  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Heb 12:2  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

My friend martinez , you do as I see it have some extra bagage , i do belive that it is called a computer that will tell you some scripturies that have nothing to do with the subject at hand ,if they do would you please explaine then to me . At any rate I just have this to say, love ya brother dewey

Martinez

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2008, 02:20:46 AM »

dewey said it

My friend martinez , you do as I see it have some extra bagage , i do belive that it is called a computer that will tell you some scripturies that have nothing to do with the subject at hand ,if they do would you please explaine then to me . At any rate I just have this to say, love ya brother dewey

I'm sorry Dewey, but did I offend you?

Go back and read over my post. is there anything in it that suggests that I was attacking you in some form or another?
I anything I was talking more about myself than anyone else.

Also, just because you don't understand what I was trying to get at and why I used certain verses of scripture, do you go ahead and accuse me of posting verses willy nilly?

I'm sorry if you misunderstood, but does that justify you going on the offensive against me?

Go back and read my post and then tell exactly what it was that you found so offensive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 22 queries.