bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parental Trust  (Read 4284 times)

phazel

Parental Trust
« on: March 12, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »

I realized something.  I was reading the testamonials on another website and there were many people who lived much of their lives in fear of hell and were thankful of the truth of universalism being revealed to them.

I pondered upon that because I never was in fear of hell, ever,  I wanted to be saved when i was growing up in church because I  knew that I would be in front of the church and people would makie a big deal out of it.   And because of that I was hoping to impress a girl I was hot after.  LOL

I also wondered why I never feared hell when so many others do, what is the reasoning or what is the difference in thinking.

Parental Trust.

I never trusted my parents because they always said things that they didn't follow through on,  they spoke of Gods love while beating me horribly when I was bad.   Mom would say the devil was in me when I was bad and I was a literal thinker so those words always was just my stupid lying mom saying something dumb.

A few people I talk to believe in hell but wonder if salvation is the black and white, say the sinners prayer or else that we often here.   Those people I find have a distant, but not bad relationship with their parents  who taught them hell.

Then I know a few who came from a background where their parents were not believers,  but they ended up in belief in the hell doctrine through simply needing something in their lives and the prevailing message of Christ is our society now is along with the hell doctrine.  But along with that they made friends with someone they learned to trust.

I don't really have an opinion so much as I just wanted to share my thoughts that were on my mind.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 05:29:58 AM by In Medias Res »

Martinez

Re: Parental Trust
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:35:54 PM »

I'll tell you what.

You can't trust a parent that you think is going to hurt you all the time, and isn't trust the same as faith?

What was it that Jesus said?

Luk 18:8  I say to you that He will avenge them speedily. Yet when the Son of Man comes, shall He find faith on the earth?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.