bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Galatic Alignment 2012  (Read 7363 times)

MSenter

Galatic Alignment 2012
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:49:55 PM »

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anybody has herd of the galatic alignment set to take place 12-22-2012? I think that this event goes along with what Jesus told his disiples in Luke 21:25-36. I would like to know if anyone else has done research on this and anyone interested in this subject to investigate for yourself and tell me what you think! Thank You! Mark.

Martinez

Re: Galatic Alignment 2012
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:45:15 PM »

Hey there MSenter!

It's my opinion that the outwardly manifestations of the prophies in scripture are only to deceive those who are not the elect.

Jesus's words are spirit and it spiritual things that we are to watch out for. orthodox Christianity are watching for the physical outwardly signs of Jesus's return, but those signs are only to deceive them.

If it was outwardly physical signs we were to be watching for then Jesus wouldn't be coming as a thief in the night.

Mat 24:43 Now that be knowing, for if the householder were aware in what watch the thief is coming, he would watch, and would not let his house be tunneled into."
Mat 24:44 Therefore you also become ready, for in an hour which you are not supposing, the Son of Mankind is coming."

Mat 24:24  For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very Elect.

The elect shall not be deceived because they know that the physical things are only a reflection of the real fulfilment of Jesus' words.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 03:03:37 AM »

As observed by Martinez, for me too, and in my experience, the Galactic alignment has already begun!

Look at the Gospels. They appear not to align but actually THEY DO! In between the nuances and variations between what Mark said and what Matthew said and what Luke did not say about the same event, there are secrets, mysteries and hidden workings of God Himself that will be made plane I believe, once this Galactic alignment clicks into place in the hearts and minds of people around the world. Then they will know the Truth and the Truth will set them free!

Peace to you brethren

Arcturus :)

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 12:20:00 PM »

We will be hearing more and more about this in the future. This is the Mayan Calandar prediction of the end of the world as we know it.
They believe the people will go through a transformation , an enlightenment. The whole system (economic, political religiouse) is going collapse.

Lots of people selling books and professing to be experts in this topic. The christian church will agree with it but think they wil be out her via the rapture. They do not care about the world only being ratured out of it.

Yes I agree that it has already started but not the way the world is imagining. God is revealing himself to those who seek truth and those who are willing to follow the True Shepard.  jesus is the Way but the world cannot see that yet.  They will.

Think about it,....... anytime you have mulitple things traveling in circular paths, .......things have to align periodically, ....it the the nature of the physical laws that God sent forth. 

"Seek ye the Kingdom first"

beloved

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 12:43:50 PM »

It hope it doesn't end in 2012! I want to be around for the colonization of space--I got to see that! I reckon the most popular name on Mars will be Marvin.  :P

Too many exciting things happening in the future--it would suck if it all ended in 2012.

That's how I see it,
Sorin
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 02:31:06 PM by Sorin »

Kat

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 12:55:06 PM »

Hi Mark.

I find this interesting and did a little searching and came up with this info.  :)

As of this time there's absolutely nothing scientifically special about the year 2012. Every year you can get two or three planets in line, that is not rare.
In 2012 our sun will become temporarily aligned with the Milky Way's equatorial plane. Nothing special about that, it's happened countless times in the past.  There is going to be no significant or noteworthy planetary alignment, like all the planets aligned in or near a straight line.
Although reversals of Earth's magnetic poles has happened over and over again in the past, and will happen again in the future, each reversal takes from 300 to 1,000 years to complete. It's not an instantaneous thing by any means.

The Maya Long Count Calendar ~
The way I understand it, this calendar was involved with the Maya religion, so.... here is what I found.
2012 is the end of the Maya calendar, known as the end of the Great Cycle.  Actually the end of the Great Cycle is a time of great celebration for the Mayas.

What their calendar actually shows is a transits of Venus across the disk of the Sun and this is among the rarest of planetary alignments.  The date December 21st, 2012 A.D. (13.0.0.0.0 in the Long Count), represents an extremely close conjunction of the Winter Solstice Sun with the crossing point of the Galactic Equator (Equator of the Milky Way) and the Ecliptic (path of the Sun), what that ancient Maya recognized as the Sacred Tree.

The Maya concept was a World Age shift in 2012.  Supposedly humanity literally is going to experience cataclysm and upheavel, earthquakes, disasters, famine, and plague at that time and it will be a Earth cleansing and the prelude for a global renewal.

Anyway, this site had some good info.
http://www.dailycommonsense.com/2012-explained-why-it-shouldnt-be-feared/

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 04:28:41 PM by Kat »

Vangie

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 01:46:44 PM »

Very enlightening and interesting subject, and the responses so far are great.  I had never heard of this before--how interesting!  (I bet Joe has some insight re: the phenomenon.)  I think this scientific stuff is so cool!  Thank you Mark for the thread.  I look forward to reading more of everyone's posts on this, as I'm learning from you all so much.

Love,
Vangie  

Martinez

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 12:55:30 AM »

I hope our Lord doesn't return in 2012, I'm not ready yet!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 03:14:08 AM »

Hi Martinez

Join the club!

I think anyone who feels ready might possibly be self deceived. The reason I say this is because of what I find interesting as written  in Hebrews 9 : 28 where it says there will be those who look for him and those who don't. Like the many called and the few chosen or the tares and the wheat and all the other Kingdom parables that tell us about the many and the few. This lines up with what Ray teaches us that the Parables say the same thing and are one. They teach the Kingdom, the many and the few.

When you say you are not ready,  it reminds me of Adam and Eve. They hid from the Lord because as Adam said, he was afraid because he was naked. God still "found" them and spoke to Adam who explained to God the reason for his hiding was because he was afraid and knew he was naked. In contrast, the deceived think they are just fine and do not know they are wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked so perhaps3 they do not hear God walking as did Adam. Do the deceived under strong illusion fear and feel prepared to meet God when He comes. I believe they neither fear God and they feel prepared to meet God when He comes but are they seeking Him? Are they looking for Him? Are they yearning for Him?I ask myself these same questions. Do I need Him? Do I desperately yearn to find Him?

I encounter daily my weakness and infirmities and liabilities to the assaults of temptations because Jesus has been tempted also in every respect as we are,yet He without sinning. Through experience I am  being brought to know my nakedness but also I know that He has died for me so I know I can trust Him to receive me with Mercy for my failings and shortcomings which I bring to Him knowing that there is no one who is concealed from His sight and all things are open and exposed, naked and defenseless before Him. I think I have to get used to approaching Him in repentance and it is His Mercy that will clothe me each time. I think this is how He is returning to those who are going out to meet Him for Mercy ahead of His second coming. The flesh pioneers pain and fear and distrust. As the Scriptures say, it is against God.  We who experience going out to Him for pardon and peace and refuge from the assaults of the flesh that painfully produces our experiences of imperfection because it is weak, deceived and inadequate and naked, are already meeting with Him via repentance. This is which is part of the plan for the few not the many at this time. I see this as part of the process and work of God bringing some to experience and know the difference between good and evil. Everyone will know the truth in the end but some are learning this now and going out to meet Him upon His return the second time. 

Just some thoughts...

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 04:06:55 PM by Arcturus »

Kat

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 12:40:45 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

Thinking about this topic, that the Maya's are looking for; Earth cleansing and the prelude for a global renewal or the world is looking for the return of Christ.  But people are looking for this new age or the return of Christ or whatever as something or somebody coming to physically change things in this world, so it will be a better place for people to live.  As you said they think they are ready for this; I believe they neither fear God and they feel prepared to meet God when He comes.
But the world is only as bad or messed up as the people have made it.  It's not the world that must be cleansed, but the wickedness of the people.
As you were saying;

We who experience going out to Him for pardon and peace and refuge from the assaults of the flesh that painfully produces our experiences of imperfection because it is weak, deceived and inadequate and naked, are already meeting with Him via repentance. This is which is part of the plan for the few not the many at this time.

It is the few who are being cleansed and prepared spiritually, this is an internal renewal of the mind.  We must "put on Christ" first, now while we are physical.

Gal 3:27  For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

I think everybody is looking for Christ to return or the new age thing in a outward way, thinking if the world/earth is changed then it will be a better place to live.  When actually it is the people that must be changed on the inside, spiritually, and as a consequence the physical world will be changed too.

Luke 17:20  Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;
v. 21  nor will they say, "See here!' or "See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you."

It starts when Christ becomes indwelling, the begettal of the spirit now while we are physical. 

Rom 8:19  For the creation waits with eager longing for the revealing of the sons of God;
v. 20  for the creation was subjected to futility, not of its own will but by the will of Him who subjected it in hope;
v. 21  because the creation itself will be set free from its bondage to decay and obtain the glorious liberty of the children of God.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 05:29:02 PM by Kat »

Beloved

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »

here is a pretty pic from astonomy pic of the day. It shows a nice conjunction 

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap020429.html

This mayan stuff is just another...look here .....that Jesus himself warned us about. I like what you said Arcturus and Kat about that they are always looking at the external.

This is just a pretty picture enjoy. if you move your curser over the pic it will ID the planets etc.

beloved
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 02:38:06 PM by Beloved »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 04:03:19 PM »

Haha 2012! Lawl, yea i think it's all hoccus pookus and if anything does happen, it's not because the mayans were right but because the Lord had planed it, but i highly doubt the Lord has anything crazy planned for that year other than what usualy happens. War, hunger, disease.. etc.. nothnig new under the sun right? Amen.

Like others have said, i'm not ready either to face the Lord, i still have alot of purgeing through fire i need done in me. So i hope He isn't comeing this soon, i aint ready, lawl.

God bless,

Alex

gmik

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2008, 01:51:46 PM »

Boy, those planets looked aligned to me. 

I wouldn't put much credence into a culture that died out so long ago -did they predict that as well??

I do find this stuff interesting but only to a point. (In 1988 I was actually w/ a group of people practicing jumping as a way to help their rapture when Jesus would come back in 1988!!)

Spiritual alignment is way better!!

Kat

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2008, 02:37:18 PM »

Hi Gena,

I was actually w/ a group of people practicing jumping as a way to help their rapture

Your not kidding are you, well the physical does come before the spiritual. 
I was trying to think of a silly physical thing I did back then, maybe it was the foot washing  ::)  In WWCG once a year we actually washed each others feet to literally follow Christ's example.

John 13:14  If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

LittleBear

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 04:11:47 PM »

Jumpin' eh?
Well, at least they got their excersise.

David

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 06:54:11 PM »

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anybody has herd of the galatic alignment set to take place 12-22-2012? I think that this event goes along with what Jesus told his disiples in Luke 21:25-36. I would like to know if anyone else has done research on this and anyone interested in this subject to investigate for yourself and tell me what you think! Thank You! Mark.

Hi Mark.
In the scriptures you have referred to in verse 32 Christ says Assuredly, I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away till all things take place.
Certainly everything Christ spoke of in these verses has a spiritual meaning. An outward too, but first and foremost spiritual. When Christ says "This generation" I take that to mean every generation that reads these words. In verse 33 we read "Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away". For me this verse means that Christs words are for every generation for all time, and for when mankind is restored to God and become All in All, the words of Christ will still be with us (which BTW totally wipes out the doctrine in the Church that God will wipe out our memories while He burns our loved ones in hell for all eternity). 
Be blessed
David.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 06:56:05 PM by David »

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Galatic Alignment 2012 Not ready yet??
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 01:45:33 AM »

Folks,

I am a little mystified by the idea that some want Christ to wait and not come too soon because they are not yet perfect enough or some similar idea.

Ever since Jesus' ascended, some were newly called when their time on earth was finished.
We cannot improve our position with God by postponing Jesus' return to suit our schedule.
We certainly are not going to miss out on any worthwhile experience by his immediate return.
Even as the end arrives, some will be newly called and some will be those called at the beginning of the day to do their work in the field.  All will receive the same Denarius, because that is what the master promised.
Matt 20:1-16  Please read all.

If we pray for forgiveness of all the sins we recognize and all that we don't recognize and we put our lives in God's capable hands every night at bed time, then we should all be ready to meet Christ at the beginning of every next day.

Matt 20:15 
Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with my own?
Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

If God is willing to take me as I am or you as you are, having worked with me for only an hour, shouldn't we all be pleased and praise Him for His goodness?

The life we will experience then cannot be compared with the simple joys of today. Pray for his return?

Bob

Martinez

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2008, 02:16:40 AM »

Very encouraging words there Bob.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.