bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inspired by God, Written by man  (Read 6422 times)

phazel

Inspired by God, Written by man
« on: March 13, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »

I got to thinking.  Eternal hell is often justified various ways.  One is that Gods ways are not our ways so we as believers  just have to have faith that Gods justice is right.  So, therefore Eternal damnation is right in the way God does things.

Ok, as I am wondering about all that I recalled the verse

"Shall not the judge of all the earth do right" -- Genesis 18:25

Then I got to thinking,  if God inspired the bible, but man wrote it, then what better testamony to the logic and what correct judgment might be than a verse written by man but inspired by God.

Would man writing under the inspiration of God  know what "right" meant?  Wouldn't it be reasonable to say that what humans "try" to  do when making the punishment fit the crime fit what God would do prefectly in righteousness?   

Just some thoughts.

Martinez

Re: Inspired by God, Written by man
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:24:42 PM »

One of my most unfavourite stupid human arguments of all time this one!

Humanity was given the law as well as the punishments for breaking those laws via the Jew's when He made the old covenant with them.
Then when Jesus came along, He did away with the old covenant and also spoke about true justice.

Mat 23:23  Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Plus Paul has something to say about that blows their stupid argument out of the water!

Rom 6:23  For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Rom 1:27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust toward one another; males with males working out shamefulness, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was fitting for their error.

First of all, He says the wages of sin is death, not eternal punishment, and then He says that they already received that punishment that was due them.

Nowhere in the entire bible does God or anyone else say anything about the wages of sin being eternal punishment and the next time someone say otherwise, you can ask them to show you a verse that says that the penalty for sin is everlasting punishment.

I guarantee that they won't be able to present you with that scripture.

phazel

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 08:32:10 PM »

Excellent points martinez.   When I left the church recently I was forthcoming with my change of beliefs.   Of the ones that said I was deceived, not one of them gave me any scripture of any kind,  not one.

I can understand that they would be concerned for me, so I am not being harsh,  it was just a very curious thought for me.

musicman

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:12:54 PM »

Excellent points martinez.   When I left the church recently I was forthcoming with my change of beliefs.   Of the ones that said I was deceived, not one of them gave me any scripture of any kind,  not one.

I can understand that they would be concerned for me, so I am not being harsh,  it was just a very curious thought for me.

You mean to tell me that the churchians haven't used the following scripture against you?

1 Tim. 4:1-2
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

Martinez

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 09:15:32 PM »

LOL music man!

I've had that one used against me about a quadrillion times!

phazel

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 05:29:34 AM »

You mean to tell me that the churchians haven't used the following scripture against you?

1 Tim. 4:1-2
Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron.

No, I am as surprised as anyone, not one verse from anyone in the church I actually left due to a difference in belief. 

kweli

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 12:31:09 PM »

Wait phazel, let me get this straight. Are you saying nobody actually read scripture from your previous church?
 ;D ;D ;D
Still waiting for that scripture

phazel

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 02:27:25 PM »

Wait phazel, let me get this straight. Are you saying nobody actually read scripture from your previous church?
 ;D ;D ;D
Still waiting for that scripture

Specific to me leaving this church and telling the leadership of why and explaining my beliefs they never used scripture.

They said they did not agree, some said I was being deceived,  I was told that the church elders were praying for me to be free from lies (how ironic huh????).  But no one pointed out any scripture whatsoever.

As far as the church teachings,  sure they use scripture in sermons and in bible studies, but of course bible studies seems to be the HOT christian author of the month, but there is scripture however wrongly they use it.

But to me,  none.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.