bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray's papers------  (Read 4814 times)

leeney

Ray's papers------
« on: May 07, 2006, 12:41:25 PM »

To all of you who have read Ray's papers--- for the papers as a whole to be most understandable, should I read them in any certain order?

leeney

orion77

Ray's papers------
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2006, 01:02:57 PM »

Hello Leeney,

As far as the lake of fire series goes, I think it's best to read them in order.  He sometimes refers back to previous letters.  Always have your bible handy to check the verses.  The first time reading the series, I think that is invaluable, it opens spiritual truths to a new level.

God bless,

Gary

Sorin

Ray's papers------
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 02:34:00 PM »

I would suggest, starting with the Hagee letter, then Kennedy, and then the LOF series in order. that's how I did it anyway.

shibboleth

Ray's papers------
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 03:17:12 PM »

I have read and reread the LOF and would read it in the order  the papers were written. I have paper copies of all the LOF and have written and underlined every paper so I can find information I am looking for when i do my studies. If you can find a dictionary from the early 1800s ofr 1900s, that will help too. I found many of my didctionaries at garage sales. So many words change meanings over the centuries, and if you have access to an old dictionary, it will help you understand word meanings.
The most important part of any Bible study is Gods spirit. Without Gods spirit, your study will be fruitless. You will just get information and knowledge, but it won't help you know God better. So I ask God to open my dull eyes, and unplug my plugged up ears. He always shows me something new when I come to him in the spirit of humility. But He is the one who gives me the humility, so we can praise Him for everything!

Harryfeat

Ray's papers------
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 03:27:25 PM »

Quote from: Isabell
I recommend reading the Lake of Fire series in order.  The order in which you read the rest of the articles matters less.

I agree.

Also, if you are fairly new in your search for truth, I would reccommend that you read through the articles concentrating on the points being made and skipping most of the supporting scripture quotes.  Then once you have a sense of the topic, go back and reread the article and include concentrating on the scripture quotes.  

For me it took a very long time to get through because I was not content to just accept the quoted scripture but read the entire passage or chapter from which the quote came just so I knew the context of the quote.  [E-sword is an invaluable tool to have handy for reading the entire text]

Hope that helps

feat

leeney

Ray's papers------
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 11:12:38 PM »

Thanks very much guys/gals.

I will heed everyone's ideas.  I'm so excited about reading all these papers!

leeney
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.