bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Struggling With Sin  (Read 11948 times)

Re: Struggling With Sin
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2008, 07:39:58 PM »

When we are blind to the Truth and in "this body of death" as Paul said in Rom 7:24 "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

Kat

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.   (Heb 12:4)

This turned out to be a complete waste for me.  Just a few years ago, I was put to the test and eventually did reach the point of shedding my blood until actually reaching the point of death, rather than sin.  2 1/2 days later, my eyes opened again. 

Times have just not changed.  The way of Jesus, is the way of truth.  He spoke truths to group of believers, and because the incompleteness of beliefs did not agree with completeness of truths, he was spat at, flogged, and crucified, all for having spoken the truth.  Today is even worse than it was back then.  Because of this, what I have just stated about myself is rejected in less than a fraction of a second by believers.  Believers are happy with their beliefs, and since dependency upon beliefs is due to one not having all the facts that would have connected you directly to the truth, these believers are therefore happy with LESS THAN TRUTH.

That is why the believers spit in the face of those who speak in truths.

If you look here http://**Sorry links not allowed**  and here   http://**Sorry links not allowed** ,  despite this verification of my identity, truth is still laughed at.   

All I can say to those who spit into the face of truth is, OUCH, and it is going to be a big one at that.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:01:04 PM by Craig »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008, 10:15:21 PM »

When we are blind to the Truth and in "this body of death" as Paul said in Rom 7:24 "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death?"

Kat

In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.   (Heb 12:4)

This turned out to be a complete waste for me.  Just a few years ago, I was put to the test and eventually did reach the point of shedding my blood until actually reaching the point of death, rather than sin.  2 1/2 days later, my eyes opened again. 

Times have just not changed.  The way of Jesus, is the way of truth.  He spoke truths to group of believers, and because the incompleteness of beliefs did not agree with completeness of truths, he was spat at, flogged, and crucified, all for having spoken the truth.  Today is even worse than it was back then.  Because of this, what I have just stated about myself is rejected in less than a fraction of a second by believers.  Believers are happy with their beliefs, and since dependency upon beliefs is due to one not having all the facts that would have connected you directly to the truth, these believers are therefore happy with LESS THAN TRUTH.

That is why the believers spit in the face of those who speak in truths.

If you look here http://**Sorry links not allowed**  and here   http://**Sorry links not allowed** ,  despite this verification of my identity, truth is still laughed at.   

All I can say to those who spit into the face of truth is, OUCH, and it is going to be a big one at that.

Are you telling me you literly shed blood? Are you saying we need to literly shed blood as well? If you're thinking this way, you've missed the point entirely of what it means to die with Christ so that we may be raised in His glory.

God bless,

Alex

dewey

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2008, 12:07:59 AM »

hey alex,dewey here , how you doing my young brother ? You ask do we literally have to shed blood ? Alex at this point I have to say, I really thought you knew the answeres to you questions , I base this on you previous post . they seemed quite knolegeable , if your question is really serious, than I was wrong . I am sure that you know the scripture where Jesus says deniegh me in front of man and I will deniegh you in front of my father . If that means getting rid of some blood ,than so beit, just how far should we go for our brother and saviour Jesus Christ?
  And at the risk of some thinking that my signing of a post with my saying that I love all the people that will let me is wisshey washeey, than so be it .In the spirit of Jesus Christ paula and I love all the people that will let us . dewey

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 12:30:44 AM »

hey alex,dewey here , how you doing my young brother ? You ask do we literally have to shed blood ? Alex at this point I have to say, I really thought you knew the answeres to you questions , I base this on you previous post . they seemed quite knolegeable , if your question is really serious, than I was wrong . I am sure that you know the scripture where Jesus says deniegh me in front of man and I will deniegh you in front of my father . If that means getting rid of some blood ,than so beit, just how far should we go for our brother and saviour Jesus Christ?
  And at the risk of some thinking that my signing of a post with my saying that I love all the people that will let me is wisshey washeey, than so be it .In the spirit of Jesus Christ paula and I love all the people that will let us . dewey

I think you mis-understood my post. I wasn't asking because i didn't know the answer but because i was uncertain as to what this #username was stateing. You see, when i read certain posts, i get this feeling... and let's just say it wasn't a feeling you get from reading one of my brother's or sister's post inspired by God's spirit. No no.. not this one.

God be with you,

Alex

ez2u

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 07:06:32 AM »

So when we sin we hit a brick wall and come back to serving God and Gods will is done?  maybe we keep hitting it until we stop and do righting in Christ?  the sin is taken out by the Holy Spirit the brick wall is God.  peggy
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 07:22:31 AM by ez2u »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »

So when we sin we hit a brick wall and come back to serving God and Gods will is done?  maybe we keep hitting it until we stop and do righting in Christ?  the sin is taken out by the Holy Spirit the brick wall is God.  peggy

LAWL! Beautiful =]

Truth101

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2008, 11:19:35 AM »

Hey Sorin.

So what if you fail all the time, it's a necessary part of the process!

God has to get you to the place where you know with all certainty that you absolutely can do nothing without Him.
He gets us to struggle and struggle against sin and fail again and again so He can humble us.
If you were to just go straight out and conquer your sin, I guarantee that you would not be in the first Resurrection, because you would be so self righteous and so proud that you would be of no use to God.
God has to get you to that place where He utterly destroys the beast that is you.
Ironically it is the pride of the beast that comes before his fall, because it's just when He thinks that his grip on you is so unbreakable that that is when God comes in and destroys him!

Does that mean that We stop struggling against sin until that time comes then?
No because then it wouldn't work. we have to struggle against it.

I think of it this way.

The spiritual man is like the chicken and the flesh is like the egg. if you help a chicken out of it's egg so it doesn't struggle it actually weakens the chicken and so it is with us.

That's just the way I look at it I guess.

Martinez.

Very clearly posted brother.

It is our continuous failure to overcome sin that utterly destroys our pride and self righteousness (the very beast in us that causes us to sin) when we acknowledge our inability to do anything of ourselves to overcome it. We are slaves to sin until God brings us to this point. We continue to sin yet through the spirit we overcome little by little (not by our own power). We will never completely overcome until this corruption is made incorruption and this mortal puts on immortality through the death of the flesh and our eventual resurrection in Christ.

Our only requirment is to not give in to it but continue to fight it until this happens (shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? God forbid!). We can never overcome sin. God alone brings us to that place where we acknowledge that we cannot and only then will we have no pride or self rightiousness to claim victory for ourselves. It is all God. Geesh this flesh really stinks  :'(.

Praise God and His ways for they are not our ways.

God Bless, Dave
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 11:22:50 AM by Truth101 »

Martinez

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2008, 06:08:45 PM »

Yep!

There's only one kind of flesh, Dead flesh.....peewhew!! ;D
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.