bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW MEMBER FROM PA  (Read 5343 times)

geokuhns

NEW MEMBER FROM PA
« on: March 14, 2008, 04:51:50 PM »

My wife & I are excited new members. Here's how we got here.

1) Born (1938) and raised Catholic.
2) Member of Herbert W Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God. 1966 - 1978
3) 1978 - 2002, no affiliation with any church or preacher. Couldn't find anyone teaching universal salvation which I strongly believed in.
4) Was introduced to the Concordant teachings of Jeff Priddy. Attended his Bible conferences from 2002 till 2007.
5) Had a disagreement with Jeff on the "Lake of Fire" and the "Second Death."
6) Was given Ray Smith's book "Exposing Those Who Contradict" 3 months ago which led me to Ray's web site. Amazing "stuff" there. When does Ray sleep?  :D
7) I made reservations for Ray's Bible conference in September. I can hardly wait!

Hope to meet many of you at the conference. Can any one tell me what the "dress code" is at the conference.  ???

God bless,
George Kuhns & Ruth

Deborah-Leigh

Re: NEW MEMBER FROM PA
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 04:58:53 PM »

Hello George & Ruth

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for your Spiritual CV.

Most of us here have similar experiences and have come out of institutionalized man made religion.

It is wonderful to have found the light via the teachings we have so richly been freely given to us through Ray. He is a ray of God's light! You can find some audio teachings here which are outstanding and there are transcripts available too!

I do not know about any dress code.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 06:04:25 PM »

Hi George and Ruth,

Well I'm glad you are here now  :)
It does sound like you had to go the long way around to get here, like me.  I was in WWCG for 15 yrs, then I went to a Baptist church for 10  :-[
When I came to Ray's site a couple of yrs ago I was absolutely jubilant to be released from captivity by the Truth. 
Now I am enjoying the wonderful fellowship here.

Forum indexes and info. link.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Conference and Biblestudy audios.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Conference and Biblestudy transcripts.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2008, 09:51:42 PM »

Welcome to the forum, George and Ruth.

I have attended two conferences and there was no defined "dress code." I, personally, have always dressed casually.  Wear whatever you feel comfortable wearing.  It does not matter.  Just come and enjoy the spiritual feast and fellowship.

Rene'

joyful1

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 03:00:47 AM »

:D To: George and Ruth --

Joyce :)

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 03:32:07 AM »

Hello George and Ruth,

1. Born 1935 and raised Presbyterian, sort of.
2. Member of WWCG 1969 to 1999,  I was really slow to catch on or to act on what I knew.
3. Left WWCG because of Trinity teaching that was added back to their dogma in 1999.
then began to question many other cruel teachings of other protestant groups, such as burning forever for kids who didn't accept Jesus or as they put it, those who rejected Jesus.  This even though the folks may have been very young or illiterate or mentally challenged or had never met a Christian in their life.
4. Then I looked into John Calvin's history and realized that Presbyterians were Calvinist.  That can't be good.  Predestined to either live or die and it didn't matter how you lived or whether you loved God?
5. Then in about 2003 I found L Ray Smith's web site and began to study.  Slowly at first with side trips to other web sites, wasting a lot of time, but learning some things about how far from the truth many sincere and loving people were and they didn't even realize it.  Just sincerely deceived.

Now I am a student of and seeker of truth and am seeking needed correction, hopefully at a pace than my old self can tollerate.  I hope to be able to meet you at conference but we have had some extra medical expenses this year and I am not sure.

By the way we have a Sampson from PA and also my daughter who lives in Phillipsburg, NJ across the river from Easton, PA.  She is not on the forum but she is 90% in our ball park so to speak.

Hope to hear from you and that you will share more of your experiences.

Welcome to the forum, Indianabob
Culver, Indiana

My wife & I are excited new members. Here's how we got here.

1) Born (1938) and raised Catholic.
2) Member of Herbert W Armstrong's Worldwide Church of God. 1966 - 1978
3) 1978 - 2002, no affiliation with any church or preacher. Couldn't find anyone teaching universal salvation which I strongly believed in.
4) Was introduced to the Concordant teachings of Jeff Priddy. Attended his Bible conferences from 2002 till 2007.
5) Had a disagreement with Jeff on the "Lake of Fire" and the "Second Death."
6) Was given Ray Smith's book "Exposing Those Who Contradict" 3 months ago which led me to Ray's web site. Amazing "stuff" there. When does Ray sleep?  :D
7) I made reservations for Ray's Bible conference in September. I can hardly wait!

Hope to meet many of you at the conference. Can any one tell me what the "dress code" is at the conference.  ???

God bless,
George Kuhns & Ruth

Samson

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 11:25:46 AM »

Welcome George & Glad you joined us,

As stated by Indiana Bob, I'm the Samson from Easton, Pa, if you don't mind me asking, what part of Pa are you from. I noticed that you mention being a former member of the WWCOG, I used to read the Plain Truth magazine in the late 1970's and into the early 1980's and some of their other publications, eventually I went down another road, becoming a member of the Jehovahs' Witnesses for twenty years(1983-2003), leaving PRIMARILY due to their extreme legalistic nature and SECONDARILY their false prophetic claims regarding Jesus second coming or presence(parousia) and the End of the Age(Aion). Well anyway, glad you have joined us and now do enjoy the Spiritual feast and fellowship prepared for us at this bountiful table.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

geokuhns

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 03:03:59 PM »

Hi Samson,

Thanks for the reply. I neglected in my original post to mention my wife and I live near Pittsburgh, PA.

George

Stevernator

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 06:43:20 AM »

Welcome George and Ruth!
I really enjoy hearing from people with a passion for the truth and am glad you are here.

1) Raised Catholic and went to church but my family became lukewarm you might say.
2) Fell away from the faith in college a bit and researcheed some world religions.
3) Then I realized my need for Christ. I think that maybe God was working on me.
I sort of started siding with Protestant views.
4) I became greatly anguished about teaching of hell and this really affected my mental state.
5) I came upon a link to this site sometime late last year. I devoured the papers.
6) Knowing that God is sovereign and in control has really humbled me and has given me peace.
7) Well I am still a work in progress and stumble sometimes but I believe that God will help me
overcome with the armor of God.

God Bless!!!
Steve

aktikt

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2008, 11:46:20 AM »

I'm from PA too.  Media, PA.  It's good to hear of someone else in the area learning the Truth.  Sometimes it seems like I'm the only one, even though my brother also has discovered these truths as well.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Josh
Shakespeare-There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

gmik

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 10:39:32 PM »

Welcome both of you!!  I used to live in beaver falls.

This is a great thread!!!

I went to one conference and met Rene and Indiana Bob and several others too.  What fun.  Very casual.  Lord Willing will make the next one!

Jwn47

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 11:00:14 PM »

Hi Gena,

I currently live in Beaver Falls. How long has it been since you lived here?

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 24 queries.