bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we pick up spiritual bodies??  (Read 4823 times)

Danyool

Do we pick up spiritual bodies??
« on: March 19, 2008, 04:12:01 PM »

I was having a discussion with someone today and they asked me a question i was unable to answer.

Do we get Spiritual bodies when we are converted or do we All become one in the body of Christ??

Dan

Stevernator

Re: Do we pick up spiritual bodies??
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »

My understanding that we get spiritual bodies after our resurrection. Right now we are in physical bodies. When we are converted we receive the regeneration of the holy spirit but we are still stuck in carnal flesh.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 05:00:41 PM »

I would answer that question with another question. Does the baby get the body at conception?

This is how I understand this so far. We recieve the conception of the Holy Spirit within us.  This does not make us born again. No one is born again yet. The chosen who are faithful until the end will recieve the spiritual body in Christ when He returns. The others will be raised to judgement.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 05:02:36 PM »

Hi Dan,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)

Do we get Spiritual bodies when we are converted or do we All become one in the body of Christ??

If you mean by "converted" is when someone is 'born' into the family of God, then yes those born at the first resurrection will be like Christ - Spirit.

1John 3:2  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

But those whose names are not written in the Book of Life (Christ) will be raise to judgment in the Lake of fire.  They have a ways to go before they are born into the family of God, they must be purged of sin and learn righteousness.  Evenually all will be saved and brought into the family of God, then He will be all in all.

1Co 15:28  Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.

Here are a few emails that discuss this.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4132.0.html--------------

If you had attended our Fall Bible Conference in Mobile you would have learned that no one is literally "born again," in this lifetime. While it is true that we will be "born" of God in the Resurrection (which doctrine is completely useless and unnecessary if Christians go to heaven at death), however while still in the flesh, we are "begotten" of God through His Holy Spirit. The problem of understanding this arises partly because theologians do not explain to their followers that the words "begotten" and "born" have but ONE Greek word to represent both. When we are truly "born" of God, Jesus said that we will be POWERFUL AND INVISIBLE "like the wind."

Jesus was resurrected, we are NOT resurrected from being literally, physically dead, neither do we as yet have a "spiritual body"--I Cor. 15:44-50.  We symbolically and spiritually died to the "old man of sin."  And next notice HOW we are resurrected: "AS Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also [also....WHAT?] should walk in NEWNESS OF LIFE"  (Rom. 6:4). Not in NEWNESS OF A NEW SPIRITUAL BODY.  Continuing: "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death [pictured by baptism], we SHALL [that's future tense, not past tense] BE also in the likeness of His resurrection"  (Verse 5).  And when will that be?  When WE are resurrected FROM THE DEATH with a new SPIRITUAL BODY.

We are "begotten anew from above," but we are not literally born again, as we are not yet powerful and invisible like "the WIND."  Neither are you "saved" in the past tense. See my paper "YOU FOOLS! YOU HYPOCRITES! YOU SNAKES!" where I discuss the "sinner's prayer" near the end and how that no Scriptures says we are "saved" already in the past tense. This also happens when we are given a new spiritual body in our resurrection from the dead.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6244.0.html ---------

Dear Beau:  It is only the "we"--the believing elect of God that will be resurrected with spiritual bodies (I Cor. 15:42-54).  Hitler will not be resurrected with a POWERFUL, GLORIOUS, SPIRITUAL BODY! (I Cor. 15:42-44. Those with these GLORIOUS bodies are the "we"  of verse 49, not the wicked and unbelieving who will be resurrected to JUDGMENT.
    God be with you,
    Ray

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5085.0.html ---------

Christian doctrine is built upon paganism, superstition, erroneous translations, and hideous doctrines of men.  Of course, those persons who are not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will not be in the kingdom reign of Jesus Christ. But that fact has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of humanity's eternal destiny.

"Many are called but few as chosen" is a statement of fact, not a statement of eternal exclusion.  God has predetermined to choose out a chosen elect FEW.  These will enter into the Kingdom of God which will then bring about the salvation of the rest of humanity through Judgment. Judgment is upon the chosen few House of God NOW (I Pet. 4:17).  When the knowledge of the Lord covers the earth like the waters cover the sea, then, not now but then,  "Because He hath appointed a day, IN THE WHICH He will judge the world in RIGHTEOUSNESS..." (Acts 17:31).   "WHEN [not now, but 'when']  Thy Judgments are in the earth the inhabitants of the world WILL LEARN RIGHTEOUSNESS" (Isa. 26:9).

Those who enter the straight and narrow (difficult) way will enter into the Kingdom of God, but those who go the broad way will go into DESTRUCTION. This is certainly true. However. What is the final destiny of those who go the broad way to destruction.   Is there hope for the lost, the perish, the destroyed?  Duh!!  Jesus said, "The Son of Man is come to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10, Matt. 18:11).

The word translated "lost" is the Greek word "apollumi" which is translated "LOST," "PERISHED," and "DESTROYED."  Jesus Christ said that He is come to SAVE all those who are "apollumi"--destroyed, perished, and lost.

But does anyone believe Jesus?  NOT MANY. Like I said, too big a subject for an email.

God be with you,
Ray
------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Danyool

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 09:46:23 AM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6244.0.html ---------

Dear Beau:  It is only the "we"--the believing elect of God that will be resurrected with spiritual bodies (I Cor. 15:42-54).  Hitler will not be resurrected with a POWERFUL, GLORIOUS, SPIRITUAL BODY! (I Cor. 15:42-44. Those with these GLORIOUS bodies are the "we"  of verse 49, not the wicked and unbelieving who will be resurrected to JUDGMENT.

Thanks Kat that helped alot now i see clearer. I have been reading on the forum and the BT site for a while now and I am overwhelmed by it all. I have found the release and freedom from the Babylon.

God be with you

Dan

Kat

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 09:58:14 AM »

Hi Dan,

Yes the Truths that Ray brings out can be daunting, because there is so much to take in.  I'll say you just have to give it time and keep studying. 
I came to BT over 2 years ago and as I read back over the articles I still have Truths revealed. 
I've heard Joe mention that these Truths are like layers of understanding, you just keep peeling open more  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

woops

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 07:04:50 PM »

I would desperately like to know when. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.