bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing God  (Read 4074 times)

Sorin

Playing God
« on: March 20, 2008, 03:35:49 PM »

Three-parent embryo formed in lab

Scientists believe they have made a potential breakthrough in the treatment of serious disease by creating a human embryo with three separate parents.

The scientists have created the embryo in the lab

The Newcastle University team believe the technique could help to eradicate a whole class of hereditary diseases, including some forms of epilepsy.

The embryos have been created using DNA from a man and two women in lab tests.

Read the entire article HERE

What are your thoughts on this? Blasphemy, sin?

I for one am skeptical about them even being able to cure diseases, or that they even want to- that that is in fact their goal. Healthy people don't need doctors, people without diseases don't need cures, people depending on drugs to live, are what brings in the money, time and time again. So in my opinion this is all a big scam to make even more money off of people's diseases.

That's how I view it,
Sorin

Stevernator

Re: Playing God
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 03:53:07 PM »

I think that stuff like this leads to human life being viewed as a commodity. In other words, life is seen as a means to an end rather than an end itself. I think that God has the rights to human life and that we should not try to manipulate it to our benefits.

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 09:06:20 PM »

This sounds sort of kinky : two females and one male, but read the articel. A male and female join then they are removed and put into a donar egg that has had its nuclear genetic material removed, leaving only the mitocondrial dna. This is exactly how cloning is done except ...a more adult cell type nuclear bundle.... is put into the donor egg.

You are right though...man messing with God's creation... One thing to consider these mitocondrial  diseaseses are quite rare.  This is an expensive and a risky fix.

I was reading an interesting article today on where all the yolk went when we became mammals. We do not have much if any when we are an embryo. They were trying to understand how animals went from being egg layers to mammal and loking to evolution for the answer  ::)  ...I think God made the DNA and then turned on and off the exact genes that were needed for each creature and put it on automatic.  He took into account the possiblity of  mutations and replication mistakes...otherwise we would not have these genetic diseases.

That is why I came up with this answer. Us mammals had our Vitellegellin genes (these make the protein in yolk)  turned off by God..wish I could have told those people who wrote the article....but they would not have believed me.  ;D

beloved      hey Sorin its easter again and here I am talking about eggs again

Jackie Lee

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 12:32:50 AM »

Check these Links
 animal-human hybrid embryos
http://news.nationalgeographic.co...2005/01/0125_050125_chimeras.html
http://www.newscientist.com/artic...imeras-contain-cell-surprise.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 20 queries.