bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Earth  (Read 4811 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
New Earth
« on: March 21, 2008, 03:49:26 PM »

> I wanted to know if you have heard of the book A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle?
> Oprah Winfrey has even started a online class. My aunt has been so fooled by
> the church that she reaches out to these spiritual teachers for some kind of
> guidance. She loves Oprah and thinks that everything she says is gospel. She
> says it is in balance with scriptures and referred me to another author. I
> just wanted to get your input, and maybe some help in dealing with my aunt.

Dear Reader:  I suppose if you want to watch Tom Cruise jump up and down on Winfrey's couch, her show can be great entertainment. When it comes to her spiritual guidance, philosophy on life, and religion, however, RUN!

Here is an extract presented on the Internet regarding the book: A New Earth......

"What I call the “inner body” isn’t really the body anymore but life energy, the bridge between form and formlessness. Make it a habit to feel the inner body as often as you can. After a while, you won’t need to close your eyes anymore to feel it. For example, see if you can feel the inner body whenever you listen to someone. It almost seems like a paradox: When you are in touch with the inner body, you are not identified with your body anymore, nor are you identified with your mind. This is to say, you are no longer identified with form but moving away from form-identification toward formlessness, which we may also call Being. It is your essence identity."

Read that about 3 or 4 times. "When you are in touch with the inner body, you are not identified with your body anymore, nor are you identified with your mind. This is to say, you are no longer identified with form but moving away from for-identification toward formlessness..."  What a crock!  Unbelievable nonsense. Excuse me now while I lose my identity and lose my mind and turn into "formlessness."

God be with you,

Ray

PS   Don't be fooled by people just because they are rich and famous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 22 queries.