bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Passion  (Read 3968 times)

David

The Passion
« on: March 21, 2008, 06:42:12 PM »

Over here in the Uk, during what the BBC have billed "Holy week", the BBC have been showing their adaptation of  "The Passion".
I'd be interested to know if there are any British members here that have been watching it.
Personally, so far I have found it to be both appallingly bad and utterly blasphemous. 
The costume and makeup is awful, they look like the extras from "Life Of Brian", I would have thought they would have at least made a half hearted attempt to make them look like Jews. They just look like English people in bad costumes.
The script is terrible. Given that there is an extremely detailed narrative to draw from, there's simply no need for all the speculative dialogue attributed to Jesus. On the rare occasions where they have used Scripture/Words of Christ in the script, they portray the listeners as treating what he says as a big joke, having them laughing and joking at Him and with Him.
The general perception they are putting across about this story is that it was a political struggle against the Romans, and that the "Church" of the day just got dragged into it against their will and that Christ just happened to be a necessary casualty of the unrest.
I posted a message on the BBC forum for this program, but it was not approved. It would appear they are only allowing praise to be posted, and anyone who knows their Bible and sees all the errors in their program is not allowed to comment.  Doesn't that sound like the Church?  ;)

lilitalienboi16

Re: The Passion
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 08:20:02 PM »

Over here in the Uk, during what the BBC have billed "Holy week", the BBC have been showing their adaptation of  "The Passion".
I'd be interested to know if there are any British members here that have been watching it.
Personally, so far I have found it to be both appallingly bad and utterly blasphemous. 
The costume and makeup is awful, they look like the extras from "Life Of Brian", I would have thought they would have at least made a half hearted attempt to make them look like Jews. They just look like English people in bad costumes.
The script is terrible. Given that there is an extremely detailed narrative to draw from, there's simply no need for all the speculative dialogue attributed to Jesus. On the rare occasions where they have used Scripture/Words of Christ in the script, they portray the listeners as treating what he says as a big joke, having them laughing and joking at Him and with Him.
The general perception they are putting across about this story is that it was a political struggle against the Romans, and that the "Church" of the day just got dragged into it against their will and that Christ just happened to be a necessary casualty of the unrest.
I posted a message on the BBC forum for this program, but it was not approved. It would appear they are only allowing praise to be posted, and anyone who knows their Bible and sees all the errors in their program is not allowed to comment.  Doesn't that sound like the Church?  ;)

The BBC has ALWAYS spewed out BLASPHEMY against God since i can remember. It's garbage and i wouldn't recommand watching it.

dewey

Re: The Passion
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:43:21 PM »

hey my brother david  I recommend that you watch all of the holly movies that they have ever been made. And let your mind know that you have just been watching a science fiction movie . And in that way you will see more truth in pastor smith teachings. In his spirit love ya dewey said it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.