bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Our first Non-Easter  (Read 10814 times)

Linny

Our first Non-Easter
« on: March 23, 2008, 02:20:50 AM »

Hey guys,
I was just wondering who else is new to all this and is not celebrating Easter for the first time!?
We have had problems with it for years anyway and never did the bunnies and stuff and always hated that even the name Easter is pagan. Before we realized that we didn't need to keep any of the holy days, we used to get mad when Easter didn't fall in line with Passover. But now that we are not church goers, it is our first time not participating in all the hoopla!

I called my like-minded friends and invited them to join in our "debauchery" and go out to breakfast with us!  ;)

And although I do kinda miss buying the adorable Easter dresses for my girls, what a savings not to have to buy dresses and lacy socks and shoes!  :D

Lin

Samarnon

Re: Our first Non-Easter
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 04:28:16 AM »

Hi Linny,

This too is my first non-Easter year and last December I have not celebrated Christmas for the first time also. I’ve been a BT adherent for more than seven months now and not celebrating or following all those holydays don’t give me any guilty-feeling anymore for not celebrating. I’m really freed indeed from all those man-made traditions.

God bless,
Joy

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 05:38:39 AM »

Yea   you have to really watch out for those pink and yellow marshmellow sugar peeper things. They keep beckoning me ..eat me ..eat me....its enough to sabotage one's glucometer.

It is one thing for adults to have to contend with but you have to provide some kind of small substitute for the kids. They will not be able to defend themselves against their peers. You just do not have to call it easter.

You can buy them springing forward dresses ::)  A surprise party for the new flowers  ;D    Or Here is something pretty to wear just because I love you today. ;D ;D ;D

Beloved

joyful1

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 11:00:51 AM »

:D  Hey Linny, doesn't it feel free and wonderful not to be "playing the game" with the rest of the world? We've been "non-participants" for many years now....it just never really felt "right." Now we know WHY! :) Here's to all of our future, freedom filled, stress-free, money-saving, sensible and appreciated extra days off from work!
Joyce :)

gmik

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 03:32:18 PM »

Hi All,

I used to get bugged too by not having easter at passover-seemed like a no brainer!!

Now, my daughter and grandchildren are coming up for dinner and I did get Emma a chocolate bunny and we will color eggs.  I don't see much spiritual in that.

To each his own, we are not under the law.   ;)

Little Joe

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 04:40:27 PM »

Well,  I'm out of town on job, so this is truly my first "non-easter" as well.  My attitude is that I celebrate the death and ressurection of our Lord Jesus Christ everyday, so today I am celebrating that fact like I do everyday.  Everyday is special.  But I appreciate Christmas and Easter as a time for families to get together and bond and have a good time.  I see nothing wrong with that.  We are not under the law, so each one must follow his own conscience in such matters.

musicman

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 07:01:09 PM »

Yea   you have to really watch out for those pink and yellow marshmellow sugar peeper things. They keep beckoning me ..eat me ..eat me....its enough to sabotage one's glucometer.

Beloved

That reminds me.  I can get those marshmellow thingies tommorrow at a reduced price.  Man, I can't wait.  I'm gonna eat the pagan u know what out of them.

Beloved

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 07:21:56 PM »

Musicman...THAT is the the worse time when the price is reduced  :-X

Oh I really must resist I will  have to stay out of the stores next week...then I can think ...STALE HARD PEEPERS....and get over it .

I wonder if they freeze well?

beloved   ;D

Little Joe

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 07:47:54 PM »

Musicman...THAT is the the worse time when the price is reduced  :-X

Oh I really must resist I will  have to stay out of the stores next week...then I can think ...STALE HARD PEEPERS....and get over it .

I wonder if they freeze well?

beloved   ;D

Resistance is futile earthling!  You will be assimilated!  Nyahahahaha!

Martinez

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2008, 08:09:22 PM »

I wonder if eating Easter eggs comes under the banner of eating food sacrificed to idols?

;D

Linny

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2008, 08:59:13 PM »

Okay Martinez, that made me laugh out loud!  :D

Since my girls were born, we have had issues with Easter so they have only colored eggs once (last year) in their lives so they didn't miss that.
We did have an egg hunt out here at our new house the past 2 years because it was SO pretty with all the flowers and flowering trees and we have a big yard. Having Easter so early this year made that easy to give up since nothing is blooming here yet and it is too cold. They didn't seem to care. Again, we never let on that the egg hunt had anything to do with Easter. They just thought it something we do in the Spring!

Now Gramma just had to give them a basket with goodies and she hid eggs for them today. She is 74 so I saw no need to put up a fight. Those things are meaningless to my kids anyway since they aren't embedded into them as part of the holiday.

As some have said, it has to be up to you and what the Lord puts on your conscience. And spending time with family is always a good thing.

My dh has already promised the girls "Passover" gifts next month that won't be in a basket. He gets a kick out of getting them stuff and looks for any excuse anyway. ::)

Since we home school, we don't have to deal with peer pressure. The church we attended before we quit was one that NONE of our friends go to so no one even knows what we are up to at the present. Now the upcoming persecution coming when we start opening our mouths won't be fun. But we know it is all for the good and our reward will be great.  ;D

joyful1

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2008, 09:05:54 PM »

:D Hi Gena! I didn't mean to imply that I thought there was anything bad about coloring eggs or whatever...please forgive me if I offended you! Didn't mean that at all! :) You know....I remember coloring eggs with my mom as a child and those were precious moments....NOT because they had ANYTHING at all to do with a holiday...but because it was NICE being CLOSE to my mom and learning what HER favorite colors were, etc.  Remember those colored papers with prints on them? You had to roll the egg on them to get the ink imprint onto the eggshell? I LOVED doing that! and the PURPLE eggs were the BEST ONES!!  :)  My own children and I shared a lot of time together doing art projects, going for nature walks, etc. so leaving "easter eggs" out of our lives, didn't really seem to make a big difference one way or the other. So you get where I'm coming from, right?
Much love,

Samson

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 10:36:04 AM »

Beloved

That reminds me.  I can get those marshmellow thingies tommorrow at a reduced price.  Man, I can't wait.  I'm gonna eat the pagan u know what out of them.

That was pretty funny musicman, thankyou for giving me a Morning chuckle. It's funny you mentioned acquiring these Holiday features the next day at reduced prices. I suggested that to my wife regarding exchanging Christmas gifts in the future, lets buy each other presents a week after, so the greedy money hungry merchants can't so easily exploit us. They play their games, so why not play ours. Personally, I don't care about the Holidays either way, my wife didn't even bother to decorate for X-mas, as she has in the past and regarding Easter, she made up baskets for my Daughters as a loving gesture, their teenagers and I'm Non-custodial, so I don't know how much they care. For twenty years, I wasn't even allowed to celebrate Holidays because of their pagan roots, my former religion would expell us for that. Personally my main objection towards the Holidays centered around the " showy display" and false personna people in general display at those times of the year. For many years the only Holiday I celebrated was the Memorial of Christs death on Nisan 14, I think that was yesterday, not positive. Now I consider the Holidays a trivial matter either way.

Your Brother, Samson.

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 11:16:27 AM »

I had a Son rise service  ;) {at my favorite rest area when I go desert trail riding} with God, the critters, and myself.
It was really awesome when the Gamble quail and the Cotton tail rabbits came near me and just sat there looking at me as I talked to God. ;D

Beloved

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 04:06:56 PM »

Awe patrick...perfect place.....to talk with God,

the two creatures were perfect symbolism.

beloved

Falconn003

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 06:56:56 PM »

Our 4th year without the comercial paegan holidays , however we still get invites from close freinds and relatives to come on over for the food and company.

I am a sucker for Chocalate.  Nevertheless my Spirit is not dampen by the festivities, nor thier relevance in babylon. I KNOW " thy rod and staff comfort me..." and i enjoy thier consideration.  :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:23:43 AM by Falconn003 »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 06:59:40 PM »

Hi Rodger!

Glad to see you Bro, so after all the Easter candy are you now going to consume vast quantities of chocolate birthday cake!

Happy Birthday!

Peace,

Joe

ez2u

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 07:04:54 PM »

When our children were young it was always sweet to do things with them.  Treasured moments in captured spaces of my mind.  i loved the holidays which gave me  support to the every day teachings of Jesus Christ.  See how important Jesus is  the whole world celebrates His birth and His death?    What was my purpose for celebration?  a question we all have to answer individually.  now that the children are gone my focus has changed and  did not celebrate those holidays last year.  To be honest I missed those earlier years.  it was a joy!  peggy

Falconn003

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 07:07:51 PM »

Thank you Joe

hahahahahahahah

Just one little cupcake, tis all.   a quite little day for me and my young one as we listen to Desert Rain by David Lanz  :)

Always been on, never left, wonderful how the Forum has matured. the Cohesiveness is a God send.

God bless
Rodger
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 11:24:14 AM by Falconn003 »

joyful1

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2008, 09:27:05 PM »

Hey there, Roger! I was just wondering to myself the other day....I wonder what happened to Roger? Now I know! Happy Birthday to yas!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.