bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: And a man's foes shall be they of his own household...  (Read 7203 times)

mharrell08

And a man's foes shall be they of his own household...
« on: March 23, 2008, 11:55:43 AM »

Hello All:

This above scripture taken from Matt. 10:36 is basically my life. I live in Atlanta, deep south, where church going is as old as I can remember. My wife with my oldest daughter who is 2 go to church and EVERYONE else in my extended family go to their respective churches. Obviously I have been asked why I don't go and what problem I have with going. I tell them the Truth with reference to scripture and what I learned from the bible-truths website and they don't want to hear it. I can live with that because I know our Father has a plan and he will fulfill it. But what gets me is the badgering and the fake worship they say they do and that I am shunning away from. Like I'm the one missing out on something! Today my mother (church goer but swears she is always seeking the truth) said to me that my wife was praying that we go to church together again like we used to. I told her that would NEVER happen again because the truth is being revealed to me daily and I'm not going back. And I get looked at like I have a 3rd eye. Has anyone else been going through something like this or at least know someone who has? Thanks and sorry for the rambling but I had to get that out.

Marques

psalmsinger

Re: And a man's foes shall be they of his own household...
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:52:28 PM »

This is what God is working in you.  Stand fast.  Keep the faith.  (I give this advice to myself as well.  "one is a lonely number" only when we are dwelling in the flesh) ;D

Rest in the Lord,

Barbara

Beloved

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 01:18:03 PM »

Now you know how lonely Jesus must have felt during his 33 1/3 yrs on earth.

Dealing with people who sought the rituals and ceremonies instead of the relationship with the Father.

My advice is to let that relationship shine through and be even more loving and filled with joy toward them and during anything that life brings. They will not know how to cope with that.

beloved

Phil3:10

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 01:35:26 PM »

Marques,
I experience about the same thing you do each Sunday at the dinner table. My wife still attends her Babylonian church and my mother-in-law listens to a loud-mouthed (I am the authority) preacher on the radio. At dinner, the how great the sermon and other activities is always the first topic of conversation. I try to ignore the talk but still feel the stick and just pray that they will one day come to the truths of GOD.  Of course, I am certain they are praying that I will change and become like them.
The only need I have is to know HIM, not some man made church system. I can spend 1 hour on this forum and get more blessings than all the hundreds of hours spent in the Babylonian church system.
Praise HIS HOLY NAME!
Phil3:10

Samson

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »

Hello All:

This above scripture taken from Matt. 10:36 is basically my life. I live in Atlanta, deep south, where church going is as old as I can remember. My wife with my oldest daughter who is 2 go to church and EVERYONE else in my extended family go to their respective churches. Obviously I have been asked why I don't go and what problem I have with going. I tell them the Truth with reference to scripture and what I learned from the bible-truths website and they don't want to hear it. I can live with that because I know our Father has a plan and he will fulfill it. But what gets me is the badgering and the fake worship they say they do and that I am shunning away from. Like I'm the one missing out on something! Today my mother (church goer but swears she is always seeking the truth) said to me that my wife was praying that we go to church together again like we used to. I told her that would NEVER happen again because the truth is being revealed to me daily and I'm not going back. And I get looked at like I have a 3rd eye. Has anyone else been going through something like this or at least know someone who has? Thanks and sorry for the rambling but I had to get that out.

Marques

Hello Margues,

Yes indeed, I've experienced the feeling of being a spiritual outcast, most of my life. Being a JW for twenty years and now embracing the truths contained here at BT maintain my position of spiritual outcast. Fortunately my wife is supportive of my fellowship and study at this Site. She doesn't go to church and doesn't believe anyone needs to for fellowship purposes. The difference for me comparing my former religious ties(JW'S) and the one here, is that I don't feel the desire or need to ram it done someones throat, like I did when I was a member of the JW'S. When discussing Bible Truths with others, outside of this forum, their biggest resentment usually centers around Gods Will that everyone will eventually be saved, they either won't accept it or dislike that outcome and as you already know, they want THEIR WILL to take place instead of GODS WILL taking place. I would recommend that when a family member asks you question about the truth, you tactfully answer them and if they proceed to try and engage you in debate, remain silent, unless you perceive that they truly want further clarification. The SEVEN FOUNDATIONAL SCRIPTURAL TRUTHS outlined by RAY in one of his studies was a great help to me in that area. Since God will not lie(Titus. 1:2), their is no need to allow anyone to provide a so-called "contradictory Scripture" to refute those seven Scriptural Truths. You can't take one Scripture elsewhere and use it to negate the one your presenting(2Tim.3:16,17).

If anyone asks me about going to Church(Ekclesia), this forum is my Congregation or Church where I go to learn and fellowship. Just some of my thoughts Margues, for whatever their worth.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

P.S. As I was entering my Post, Phil. 3:10 made some good comments and my Heart goes out to you for enduring that and biting your tongue, I experience that Sunday dinner comments many years ago, instead it was the Brother-in-Law who stated how similiar the Catholic Church was to the Lutheran, he converted to Catholicism to appease his wife, formally his was Lutheran, I was a JW at the time, glad when that meal ended, didn't attend too many of those.

Martinez

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 07:13:12 PM »

Hey there mharrell08,

I never had that whole thing your talking about. I'm actually a little bit jealous!
I wish I had I had that sort of c##p to endure, because you can count it all for blessings!

I'm pretty sure though, as we near the end of this age, there will be plenty of blessings to go around for all of us  ;D

Anyway, I automatically thought of this verse when I read your post.

Mar 10:29  And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
Mar 10:30  But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

Be faithfull and count it all as blessings my friend.

PS.
It was never a sacrifice for me to not go to the Babylonian church anymore, because I always hated going anyway!

Linny

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 09:24:44 PM »

Marques,
My heart goes out to you. I am sure it is hard. My husband and I are on the same page on this one. But allow me to share this with you.

Anytime the Lord would show me a truth or put something on my heart before my husband, I learned to be patient. I personally believe He wants us to be one and He has never failed me yet.
For example, when He gave me the desire to adopt, He did it one year before He gave that desire to my husband. I just prayed for him the entire year and thanked God for his coming around. I NEVER nagged him or tried to beat it into him verbally. I just kept my mouth shut and prayed.

One year later, he was watching a show about Dale Evans and Roy Rogers (his childhood hero) who adopted children from all over the world. When it was over, he just looked at me and said he was ready for his own "rainbow coalition!" We ended up having our own children naturally and are now ready to adopt again. But God is good and He knows your pain. Just ask Him to do what needs to be done and accept His timing.
I hope your wife is at least happy that she has a husband who loves the Lord? Either way, hang in there! Just love her and focus on the things you can be together on.
God has a plan for your family and it is the best plan.

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 10:01:56 PM »

I fear the day I will have to explain to my dad my life and beliefs now.
He's so entrenched in the church system now even in his old age.
I believe there are many people who can feel what your going through
Marques.
I have a friend that I'm very close to but I can feel the relationship
pulling apart because of her lack of understanding in the things I do and say.
Never mind showing scripture, you'll just be accused of stating your own interpretation.
There are people in my family who rarely read scripture but swear up and down about how important
it is to go to church. I silently laugh and pray!
I've had arguments with friends that last hours with the conversation going no where.
I concluded just as everyone here that God only draws people to him. If they don't have a question
I don't have an answer.
Just to let you know your not alone.

God be with you always
Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

psalmsinger

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2008, 10:57:37 PM »

Beloved,

I don't know that we can know even a fraction of what Jesus felt, but I certainly understand a little bit:)  Your advice is right on the money, however, family doesn't even want to be in my presence at all so I must try to shine to those I do come in contact with.  I pray the Lord allow us to be the light on the hill to those who think we are the darkness of hell.  My friend also gave me the same advice, so yours is a second witness to the Spirit of Christ in you,

Rest in the Lord for sure,

Barbara

Now you know how lonely Jesus must have felt during his 33 1/3 yrs on earth.

Dealing with people who sought the rituals and ceremonies instead of the relationship with the Father.

My advice is to let that relationship shine through and be even more loving and filled with joy toward them and during anything that life brings. They will not know how to cope with that.

beloved

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 12:26:43 PM »

Thank you to everyone for your responses. That was exactly why I wanted to express myself on the forum because their are so many here who know the position I am in and can be of an encouragement. Thanks again

Marques

Chris R

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 08:35:26 AM »

Actually count it as a blessing, I get that "look" all the time. My Dad, although i believe he has found some truth..doesnt even like discussing it anymore. My brother just walks the other way. My wife has a different opinion about everything. My mother still sends me e-mails from babylon.

I take it all in stride...I cant MAKE anyone believe anything, i dont even try. However if i am confronted with heresy...I tend to get a little angry.

Chris R

SandyFla

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 10:20:19 PM »

I can understand what you're going through.

My dad doesn't say much, but my mom talks about people going to hell. When I've tried to show her that creating such a place as hell is against God's nature and would make Him a monster worse than Hitler or Hussein (who eventually killed their victims rather than torturing them endlessly), she says I am "downing" God; i.e., insulting Him. I try to tell her that I don't believe He is that evil and she does, so she is the one who is downing Him. But she just can't see it. So I let her talk and just pray for her. There's nothing else I can do.

Sandy

hummer

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 02:53:57 AM »

Hi Margues: I too feel for you in what you are enduring. Matthew 10:36 has reminded me of my own experience with dealing with family, a race of endurance, then quickly the verse quickly took me back to the days of Joseph and Job and the pain they felt.

Job 19:13-19 (NASB) "He has removed my brothers far from me, and my acquaintances are completely estranged from me. 14 "My relatives have failed, and my intimate friends have forgotten me. 15 "Those who live in my house and my maids consider me a stranger. I am a foreigner in their sight. 16 "I call to my servant but he does not answer; I have to implore him with my mouth. 17 "My breath is offensive to my wife, and I am loathsome to my own brothers. 18 "Even young children despise; I rise up and they speak against me.

Genesis explains Joseph's plight.

I encourage everyone keep going forward and don't quit

Matthew 24:13 "But the one who endures to the end, will be saved.

Matthew 10:22 "You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.

Luke 8:15 "But the seed in the good soil, these are the ones who have heard the word in an honest and good heart, and hold it fast, and bear fruit with perseverance.

Romans 2:7 to those indeed who by endurance in goods acts are seeking glory and honor and incorruption life eonian

Hebrews 3:6 Yet Christ as a Son over His house--whose house we are, that is, if we should be retaining the boldness and the glorying of the expectations confirmed unto the commsummation.

Hebrews 10:39 Yet we are not of those shrinking back to destruction, but of faith for the procuring of the soul.

Revelation 2:10 Fear nothing....

joyful1

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 08:40:34 AM »

:) Amen, hummer, amen!
Joyce :)

Dante

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 01:09:14 PM »

I guess I am Kind of Lucky in this way.
My mom cannot take it in her heart that God would do that to any of his creations.
My wife is pretty much of the same thought. Most of my family reject the thought of God doing that to anyone. My mom told me that my grandmother always said that hell is here on earth. And in a way she was correct since we have fiery trials on earth. NOT that there is any Hell, but I think you kind of get what I am saying.

As to the other issue. I used to "Church hop" when I was single after becoming a "Born Again" believer. My Mom is Catholic and I used to go with her from time to time. But then I had my own Christian Church that I would Go to on a regular basis. Then there was a problem with that church and it's pastor. I didn't want to get mixed up in the scandal and it's politics. So I found another church.

When I got married (My wife being a Catholic in name only) , I ended up going to Catholic Church once again.
The same one in fact, that I attended from my childhood. I, My wife, mother and son all went to church there every Sunday.

After coming to the realization about the falsehood of Hell. I felt a little funny about attending the Catholic church, but what I felt more uncomfortable about  was giving money to them.

SO,...to make a long story short. I still go there most every Sunday with my family. But we sit in the Cry Room. It is there that we listen to the Gospel of Christ, but I ignore the rest. Most of it is watered down kneeling and sitting and standing. They don't do much other than sing slow, slow songs anyway. And we have formed a bond with the other parents in the room. We talk and share our love for our children, we wish each other well and that kind of thing. But there isn't much Dogma spoken or heard. The speaker in the room really stinks, so you cannot really hear the mass anyway.

And I don't really feel God tugging on my heart to get out of there.
I have solved the problem of the "Money Issue" by putting all that I have in the poor box, which goes only to the Poor and is in no way helping the church itself.

I am now starting to formulate a plan to find a way to get the money to the poor on my own terms.
I plan on finding a part of town where the homeless hang out (Which is not hard), and just hand the first person I see the sum of money that I have in mind. And then just drive away.

I know that many may not agree with my methods, but until God moves on my heart, I do not feel the need to do things any other way.

I read the Word of God on a regular basis. I visit this and other sites of like mind often and I contemplate the word of God almost CONSTANTLY. My wife gets sick of hearing my theories of God at times. She wouldn't admit it, but I can tell she does. I cannot really blame her, the poor things is trying to watch TV and all of a sudden, I come bursting into the room and yell, "Hey Honey,...listen to this,..what if God,....Etc,..Etc,...!

Well, that probably was not a help to anyone, but I felt the need to share.
I will be praying for you mharrell08 and your situation.
God will see you through all this and as Ray says as he quotes the scriptures: "This to shall pass".
God bless, and I will keep you in my prayers. I promise!!

Dante

PS This may be a bit of peace to you though.
I get hammered on a regular basis with proposals to go church with friends of mine.
They tell me that their church is AWESOME and how wonderful their Pastor is, and I have to state the whole "Deal" as to why I do not wish to attend their church and how I feel that they are in error.
Sometimes they understand and sometimes it seems as thought their nose gets pushed out of joint.
What are you going to do,.. Ya know.
This is your life. Do with it as you will, not as someone else states that you should. Follow your heart always in love and you cannot go wrong.
I think that your problem stems much from Geography (As you stated). Here in the Northeast, MOST people go to church because it gives them something to do as a family (It only lasts about 45 minutes anyway). After that Most go out to eat and then home to watch the football games or whatever. Church around here is more a social event than a way of life. Not many people listen to the mass anyway. Go figure!

Vangie

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 04:48:22 PM »

My family thought I was joining a cult when I went to the Mobile Conference last year, and I can relate to what you describe as well.  The 3rd eye reference--I get that look from my husband's family! ;)

Love,
Vangie 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 20 queries.