bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good steward/servant  (Read 5891 times)

mharrell08

Good steward/servant
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:31:04 PM »

Being a servant in this age prepares one to serve in the next...anything one brings to the table is much better than nothing at all.  :)

This is just a call to His servants to assist those in need here on the forum as well as a thank you to the ones who do...Thank you.

1 Cor 9:19-23   (Be ye followers of me [Paul], even as I also am of Christ [1 Cor 11:1])

19  For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.

20  And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;

21  To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.

22  To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.

23  And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.

Matt 20:25-28
   (As He is, so are we...in the world [1 John 4:17; John 1:7])

25  But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them.

26  But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister;

27  And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

28  Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many

John 12:25-26

25  He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

26  If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Rev 22:1 & 3-4

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb...And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.

Marques

aqrinc

Re: Good steward/servant
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 04:20:46 PM »

I want to echo Marques in this call. Here are some Words from Our Lord And Saviour Jesus Christ to address this subject Today:

Luk 12:47 (GNB)
"The servant who knows what his master wants him to do, but does not get himself ready and do it, will be punished with a heavy whipping.

Luk 12:48 (GNB)
But the servant who does not know what his master wants, and yet does something for which he deserves a whipping, will be punished with a light whipping. Much is required from the person to whom much is given; much more is required from the person to whom much more is given.

george.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 04:48:28 PM »

Hi Marques,

In serving one another we learn humility, which is a must for us all.  Jesus Christ gave us a perfect example of serving.

John 13:3  Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God,
v. 4  rose from supper, laid aside his garments, and girded Himself with a towel.
v. 5  Then He poured water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.
v. 6  He came to Simon Peter; and Peter said to him, "Lord, do you wash my feet?"
v. 7  Jesus answered him, "What I am doing you do not know now, but afterward you will understand."

v. 12  When he had washed their feet, and taken his garments, and resumed His place, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you?
v. 13  You call me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.
v. 14  If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.
v. 15  For I have given you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you.
v. 16  Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.
v. 17  If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Marky Mark

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:59:50 PM »

We here at the forums have many members, and the Love that we bring, is of a Godly Love.What better way to Love, than to help and share, in the Spirit.

Romans 12

1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, through the mercies of God, to present your bodies a sacrifice living, holy, acceptable to God, which is your rational service.

2 And be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, the good, and acceptable, and perfect.

3 For I say, through the grace that was given to me, to every one that is among you, that he think not of himself more highly than he ought to think, but that he think soberly, as God distributed to each a measure of faith.

4 For as in one body we have many members, but all the members have not the same office,

5 so we the many are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another,

6 but having gifts differing according to the grace that was given to us; whether prophecy, let us prophesy according to the proportion of faith;

7 or ministry, let us wait on our ministry; or he that teaches, on his teaching;

8 or he that exhorts, on his exhortation: he that gives, let him do it with simplicity: he that rules, with diligence: he that shows mercy, with cheerfulness.

9 Let love be unfeigned. Abhor that which is evil, cleave to that which is good:

10 in brotherly love, be affectionate one toward another: in honor, preferring one another:

11 in diligence, not slothful: in spirit, fervent; serving the Lord;

12 in hope, rejoicing: in affliction, patient: in prayer, persevering;

13 communicating to the necessities of the saints; following hospitality:

14 bless them that persecute you; bless, and curse not.

15 Rejoice with them that rejoice, weep with them that weep.

16 Be of the same mind one toward another; mind not high things, but condescend to things that are lowly: be not wise in your own conceits.

17 Render to no one evil for evil; provide for things honorable in the sight of all men;

18 if possible, as far as it is of you, be at peace with all men;

19 avenge not yourselves, beloved, but give place to the wrath; for it is written: Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.

20 If, then, thy enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink; for in doing this thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head.

21 Be not overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Peace...Mark

aqrinc

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »

Mark,

You write like Paul ;D; you must have been sneaking in and reading Scripture ::). Romans 12 does complement
the well, the other Scriptures and exhortations expressed above.

Now i read this parable below, and it is shouting out the message; where before it was another parable.

Luk 12: 15-21 (GNB)
15  And he went on to say to them all, "Watch out and guard yourselves from every kind of greed; because your true life is not made up of the things you own, no matter how rich you may be."

When we get The Spirit of Truth, no matter how much; do not try to hoard it.

16  Then Jesus told them this parable: "There was once a rich man who had land which bore good crops.

Those who have had much Truth and knowledge shown to them.

17 He began to think to himself, 'I don't have a place to keep all my crops. What can I do?

Having had so much Truth revealed, we try to store it up for ourselves.

18  This is what I will do,' he told himself; 'I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, where I will store the grain and all my other goods.

Accumulating more and more but keep storing The Word Of Truth selfishly instead of helping the poor (Spiritually)

19  Then I will say to myself, Lucky man! You have all the good things you need for many years. Take life easy, eat, drink, and enjoy yourself !'

Getting so comfortable with self and forgetting Who is The Supplier and Why we have been given it.

20  But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night you will have to give up your life; then who will get all these things you have kept for yourself ? ' "

Since we came with nothing and leave with nothing; All The Masters Gifts were wasted on ourselves.

21  And Jesus concluded, "This is how it is with those who pile up riches for themselves but are not rich in God's sight."

Of what use will we be in The Kingdom Of GOD; Where Charity (Love, Sharing) has been locked away for ourselves.

Luk 12:33 (GNB)
Sell all your belongings and give the money to the poor. Provide for yourselves purses that don't wear out, and save your riches in heaven, where they will never decrease, because no thief can get to them, and no moth can destroy them.

Give (sell) all The Truth Away now in this life, that stores up the treasure in The Heavens.

Luk 12:34 (GNB)
For your heart will always be where your riches are.

When All our treasure (Truths we were given) is in The Heavens; that is where our heart will be.

george. :)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:16:30 PM by aqr »

Marky Mark

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 07:00:05 PM »

Now i read this parable below, and it is shouting out the message; where before it was another parable. George

Brother George,to gain Truth of the Lord is a mighty blessing indeed. :)

Isaiah 55
   1 Ho, every thirsty one, come ye to the waters, And he who hath no money, Come ye, buy and eat, yea, come, buy Without money and without price, wine and milk.
2 Why do ye weigh money for that which is not bread? And your labour for that which is not for satiety? Hearken diligently unto me, and eat good, And your soul doth delight itself in fatness.

Proverbs 23
23 Truth buy, and sell not, Wisdom, and instruction, and understanding

Peace...Mark

aqrinc

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 03:45:59 PM »

Hi Marques,

In serving one another we learn humility, which is a must for us all.  Jesus Christ gave us a perfect example of serving.

John 13:3  Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands, and that He had come from God and was going to God,
v. 4  rose from supper, laid aside his garments, and girded Himself with a towel.
v. 5  Then He poured water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which He was girded.
v. 6  He came to Simon Peter; and Peter said to him, "Lord, do you wash my feet?"
v. 7  Jesus answered him, "What I am doing you do not know now, but afterward you will understand."

v. 12  When he had washed their feet, and taken his garments, and resumed His place, He said to them, "Do you know what I have done to you?
v. 13  You call me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am.
v. 14  If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet.
v. 15  For I have given you an example, that you also should do as I have done to you.
v. 16  Truly, truly, I say to you, a servant is not greater than his master; nor is he who is sent greater than he who sent him.
v. 17  If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Hi Kat,

Your opening statement highlighted in red (above) is at the root of our training in this age. Every day i learn how important it is to be a good servant and be truly humble; In The Sight Of GOD And our Lord Jesus Christ; Who Are Everywhere. Contemplate The Power And Majesty Of Jesus Christ; (All Power In The Heavens And On Earth Given to Him) even while still in human form in this world.

Yet He humbly submitted Himself to be Tortured horribly And killed for His Enemies which we once were; that we could be like Him in due time.

Mat 18: 4-7 (MKJV)
Therefore whoever shall humble himself like this little child, this one is the greater in the kingdom of Heaven.
And whoever shall receive one such little child in My name receives Me.
But whoever shall offend one of these little ones who believes in Me, it would be better for him that an a@@'s (a ss's) millstone were hung around his neck, and he be sunk in the depth of the sea.
Woe to the world because of offenses! For it is necessary that offenses come; but woe to that man by whom the offense comes!

Mat 18: 10-11 (MKJV)
10  Take heed that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I say to you that in Heaven their angels always behold the face of My Father in Heaven.
11  For the Son of Man has come to save that which was lost.

Mat 18:35 (MKJV)
So likewise shall My heavenly Father do also to you, unless each one of you from your hearts forgive his brother their trespasses.

george. :)

aqrinc

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 05:44:13 PM »

Mark,

Now i read this parable below, and it is shouting out the message; where before it was another parable. George

Brother George,to gain Truth of the Lord is a mighty blessing indeed. :)

Isaiah 55
   1 Ho, every thirsty one, come ye to the waters, And he who hath no money, Come ye, buy and eat, yea, come, buy Without money and without price, wine and milk.
2 Why do ye weigh money for that which is not bread? And your labour for that which is not for satiety? Hearken diligently unto me, and eat good, And your soul doth delight itself in fatness.

Proverbs 23
23 Truth buy, and sell not, Wisdom, and instruction, and understanding

Peace...Mark

Mark,

So true your quote and those Scriptures. To share our Blessings with the little ones (just dragged out still smoldering and singed) These are the Treasures we must invest now, (first physical then Spiritual) to store tham up in The Heavens (Each One Of The Heavens). And what a Glorious and Wonderful opportunity for us to learn now, how to be saviours Like our Lord And Saviour, Jesus Christ.

Zec 3: 1-5 (MKJV)
1  And he shewed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.
2  And the LORD said unto Satan, The LORD rebuke thee, O Satan; even the LORD that hath chosen Jerusalem rebuke thee: is not this a brand plucked out of the fire?
3  Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
4  And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.
5  And I said, Let them set a fair mitre upon his head. So they set a fair mitre upon his head, and clothed him with garments. And the angel of the LORD stood by.

Zec 3: 7-9 (MKJV)
7  Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If thou wilt walk in my ways, and if thou wilt keep my charge, then thou shalt also judge my house, and shalt also keep my courts, and I will give thee places to walk among these that stand by.
8  Hear now, O Joshua the high priest, thou, and thy fellows that sit before thee: for they are men wondered at: for, behold, I will bring forth my servant the BRANCH.
9  For behold the stone that I have laid before Joshua; upon one stone shall be seven eyes: behold, I will engrave the graving thereof, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will remove the iniquity of that land in one day.

george :).

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 21 queries.