bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church Services  (Read 19373 times)

charrie

Re: Church Services
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2009, 11:01:09 PM »

Vangie, your humor came over just fine to me. :)

I have had quite a few experiences with churches HIRING musicians.  Putting adds on radio, etc..and hoping to get a christian to apply.  Churches have employees.   I do understand also about being paid with tithes.  BUT, you could pay titles while you are there and really be paying yourself to play  or contributing to your salary ;) ;)

We are lead by our Father's Spirit. 

Play that funky music white boy 8) 8) 8)

I hope my humor comes over well, too

Charrie :-*

Roy Martin

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 08:32:49 AM »

Good point Vangie and Charrie.
  Your replies remind me of the little old Christian lady that would come out on her porch every morning and shout, praise the Lord. Next door to her lived another little old lady that was atheist that would come out and say, your just making a fool of yourself. There aint no God, why don't you stop that?
 The next morning the Christian lady comes out and shouts praise the Lord. Lord I have no food or money and ask that you provide for my needs. The atheist lady comes out and says, there aint no God and He isn't going to answer your prayers, you are a fool.
 The next morning the Christian lady comes out on her porch and finds a couple bags of grocery's and shouts praise the Lord, I knew that you would answer my prayer. The atheist lady jumps out from behind a bush and says, ha! ha!, I told you there wasn't a God and that he wouldn't answer your prayers. I'm the one that put those grocery's there just to prove my point. The Christian lady shouts, praise the Lord. Not only did you answer my prayer and provide for my needs, you also made Satan pay for it. ;D ;D ;D

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 04:11:42 PM by Roy Martin »

Vangie

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 11:35:37 AM »

:D ;D :D ;D Good one Roy--very fitting!!

judith collier

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 12:39:50 AM »

I never would have known how musicians think or feel had I not seen the movie AUGUST RUSH. You guys sound just like the musicians in the movie, hearing sounds of everyday life and turning them into a song. My sister was the vice president of the grammy awards for 25 years and so I got to meet a lot of musicians through her. It was sort of surreal when talking to one because you can't believe you are really meeting that person whom you have admired for so long. I usually stumbled all over myself. Judy

tebza4jesus

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 06:28:40 AM »

Musicman,

I have come to learn and understand to judge whether my actions are good or evil, not solely based on the act itself, but rather on the motive behind the action. In other words "why am I doing or not doing this?" The answer normally helps me a lot in judging myself, for I know God looks within my heart and not my outward appearance. What appears evil to other people on the outside, might be judged by the TRUE JUDGE, who judges my thoughts and intentions, to be good. It all depends on why am I doing this. If my motives are in line with those of God, then I am free man.

The question which you should be asking yourself is, "Why am I doing this? Answer this to yourself, being honest to yourself, and I am sure you will then know what to do?

Roy Martin

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2009, 10:40:09 AM »

Excuse me Musicman while I pluck this plank from my own eye. ;)

Peace
Roy ;D

musicman

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2009, 11:41:28 AM »

I was just interested in the oppinions of others here on an issue.  As my title suggests, I am a musician.  I take musical performance very personal as monetary compensation comes in at a distant second, to the opportunity of playing music.  Afterall, I pay my bills in a field having little to do with musical skill (I teach music to children). 

The problem (if that is the proper term) is in my dealings with Babylon.  See, as a musician it is unwise to refuse work.  This includes work involving the Babylonian church system.  For instance, today (Easter Sunday) I played two services at a church and made some cash.  I also played in an Easter Pagent last week.  Now, I cringe at the thought of serving the Synogogue of Satan but I feel that this is part of being an instrumental performer (which I most definately am).  Now it's one thing to attend church out of curiosity for what may be taught there these days.  It's another thing to serve them for musical exposure or monetary gain. 

I would like any oppionions that truth seekers here may provide on this subject.   

So I was drinkin the coolaid when. . . . . . . .god showed up again.  he said "Musicman, you must go play your instrument again this year at a church".  I says, but god, I've grown so much since last year, why go back to Babylon for the root of all evil (and fun) . . . .money?  he said, "u can use the money to buy me more of the tasty coolaid i tried a few months ago".  "But you have an assignment, and that assignment is to play as awfully as you humanly can".  "When the organist gives the cue, you call the cows home, you blow sounds that the devil himself hums in the shower."  "That'll get them people running from the darkness of Babylon to seek light."  "What i mean is they'll be running from that thing you play."

So folks, I was obeying a command from god.  UUuuummmm, except I played awsomely and that money's buying me, more coolaid.  god, I've failed ya again.

Just a reminder of why this post was excavated from the deep trenches of my insane archive:  Look above.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 20 queries.