bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hebrew Words  (Read 4859 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Hebrew Words
« on: March 23, 2008, 10:03:48 PM »

Hi ray, right now I am wanting help with some resources on learning more Hebrew and Greek.

right now I use a program I downloaded from http://www.scripture4all.org.  the hebrew and greek are also online  in static pdf files.

In this case, right now, I am interested in what difference I am seeing based upon genesis and
when the word created and creating is used.

in Genesis 1:27

I am looking at the scripture for all site  and have the CLV module loaded into the program.

I see for the word "Creating"  I see the word  "uibra"  and for the word "created" I see "bra" being used.

The problem is that both of those have the same strongs reference H1254

and if I go online to a lexicon and input that number I get the word  "bara".   So I am a bit co nfused here.  any help will be appreciat ed.

Paul

Dear Paul:  As I am going to go into some depth on this very word "created" from Genesis 1:1, at our Nashville Conference, I will not take the time to try and explain it all in an email. It is not as simple as looking up words in Strong's Concordance to understand the finer meaning of Scriptures.  "Created" is used in the Hebrew in Gen. 1:1 corresponding to what we call pluperfect in English.  But this is discerned not from the word used or it's prefix, vowel, suffix, or any other additions to the word, but rather from its "position" in the sentence. Some of these laws of the ancient Hebrew language have just been discovered in recent years, centuries after the translation of the King James. It would take me several hours to try and explain it in an email, and I just don't have the time. Besides, I have 440 unanswered emails ahead of yours. I am hopelessly behind. Hope you understand.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 22 queries.