bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Earth by Eckhart Tolle  (Read 5294 times)

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
« on: March 26, 2008, 01:50:04 AM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6821.0.html
This was an email to Ray recently.

Recently a friend of mine recommend that I should read this book
because its spiritual.
From what I can tell, from what she read to me, it sounds like a bunch
of pyshco-babble. Exactly like the example Ray gave in his email.
Stuff like, free your yourself from yourself to find yourself nowhere to be found!!!
In an attempt to not get into an argument I told her I would borrow the
book and read it only because it sounded interesting.
Has anybody else had any experience with this book or for that matter
people trying to hand you spiritual material just because you told them
I care more for the spiritual things that God has reveled than the physical??

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Chris R

Re: New Earth by Eckhart Tolle
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 04:46:43 AM »

For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

I reckon i could babble some incoherent sentences together and start writing a book myself.

I have read some pretty strange stuff, most of it from authors such as ministers and clergy..

Turn your "scars into stars"

"God wants you to be rich"

"A miracle a day"

"How to pray for a better job"

etc etc....

Its all pretty dumb..."for a lack of a better word"

I'm sure some of these authors mean well, and they want a inner feeling of there outer experience, or some such nonsence, but you will not find a better web-site to read than this one

www.bibletruths.com

It just makes sence..

Peace

Chris R

Stevernator

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 05:37:34 AM »

Turn your "scars into stars"  :D
That made my day Chris, I could not help cracking up. ahaha

Antaiwan, I don't think it is really profitable to debate such things.
The truth stands for itself and it can be distracting to battle every teaching out there.

2Ti 2:16 Yet from profane prattlings stand aloof, for they will be progressing to more irreverence,

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, that which is committed to you, guard, turning aside from the profane prattlings and antipathies of falsely named "knowledge,
1Ti 6:21 which some are professing. As to the faith, they swerve. Grace be with you! Amen

Maybe she will see the fruit you bear from following Jesus and she might reconsider?
If it is in His will that is.

Peace,
Steve

Akira329

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 09:19:35 AM »

Antaiwan, I don't think it is really profitable to debate such things.
The truth stands for itself and it can be distracting to battle every teaching out there.

Thanks Steve, I don't want to argue with her about it. I'm trying to avoid that.
Sadly I seen her progress slowly to these types of teachings knowing I can't do a thing about it hurts sometimes.
It hurts when she can read an entire book about this stuff but can't read a chapter of anything in the scriptures.
I give her to read some of Ray's articles and she just says thats too much!
It makes me really sad to see a friend head down this road.

Thank you again Steve for those edifying scriptures!!! :)
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 01:07:15 PM »

"God wants you to be rich"

I WISH THAT WERE TRUE!  ;D

Nancy

Have just finished reading his first book!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 10:40:58 PM »

Hi there Akira329

I have just finished reading his first book 'The Power of Now'.
And can i first say that it is not psycho-babble at all.  It is not like all those other books that i have read you know the ones,' Get rich by thinking about it', 'Name it and claim it' and all that rubbish. 

It is basically saying that you cannot gain joy from outside things, money, possessions, drugs, etc, only through knowing that God is within you as Jesus said.  He also quotes Jesus a lot and makes Christs' sayings come alive.  According to him, the majority of people are unconscious, that is they listen to the egoic mind (the god of this eon) with its threatening messages. 

People who are attuned to God are called conscious. There is no past or future, only Now where God is.  Jesus (he quotes) said don't worry for tomorrow, etc. And also to surrender to what is, which reminds me of Christ saying to God, Your will be done, not mine! He doesn't ever say that you can have this or that but to surrender to what is.

I know when a book has truth in that it is in agreement with Jesus.  But often i don't understand what Jesus really meant as it was never explained properly in a metaphysical way.

One part stated that when a person dies and they see the light (as people have reported) they are afraid to go into it or prefer their earthly existence too much and they become unconscious and be reborn again (i assume by this he believes in reincarnation). But then it got me thinking, is that what the 2nd death means. For those who are ready (the chosen) the 2nd death doesn't hurt them and those who aren't  (those who are not chosen) have to go through the 2nd death and reborn again?
I'm not saying that he is right about this but it is a thought and sort of makes sense.

I will appreciate any comments.
Godbless
Nancy

Matt

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 10:56:57 PM »

It hurts when she can read an entire book about this stuff but can't read a chapter of anything in the scriptures.
I give her to read some of Ray's articles and she just says that's too much!

Akira329,
I have the exact same problem with my wife.  She will do a full blown 2 month course on a specific topic in Christianity, but when I give her one of Ray's articles, she says that it is too much and needs it presented short and simple.  She has no clue as to the amount of time that is required to study the truth. It can not be packaged into a tiny,easy to read tract.  It can be frustrating, but I usually realize that God will allow her to understand in His time, not my time!

Matt :)

Akira329

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 01:07:16 PM »

God is so patient
-Albert Einstein
- Jesus
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.