bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Favorite versus? [Hope!]  (Read 7663 times)

lilitalienboi16

Your Favorite versus? [Hope!]
« on: March 26, 2008, 06:55:03 PM »

Anyone have any good versus of hope or inspiration that really uplift you. I mean, just any type of verse that you really love please share. I'm trying to make a list of great versus so that i can use some on my site.

Thanks and God bless,

Alex

Gary McCoy

Re: Your Favorite versus? [Hope!]
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 07:22:39 PM »

HI,
These are some of my favorite verses. I think on these verses a lot.

php 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always: again I will say, Rejoice.
Php 4:5  Let your forbearance be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6  In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus.
Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

WOW what a way to live..................

Martinez

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »

My one is a fairly mundane one that probably every man and His dog likes, but I really like it because it shows who God is and it's what I am striving for (tough call)

1Co 13:1  If I can speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but am destitute of Love, I have but become a loud-sounding trumpet or a clanging cymbal.
1Co 13:2  If I possess the gift of prophecy and am versed in all mysteries and all knowledge, and have such absolute faith that I can remove mountains, but am destitute of Love, I am nothing.
1Co 13:3  And if I distribute all my possessions to the poor, and give up my body to be burned, but am destitute of Love, it profits me nothing.
1Co 13:4  Love is patient and kind. Love knows neither envy nor jealousy. Love is not forward and self-assertive, nor boastful and conceited.
1Co 13:5  She does not behave unbecomingly, nor seek to aggrandize herself, nor blaze out in passionate anger, nor brood over wrongs.
1Co 13:6  She finds no pleasure in injustice done to others, but joyfully sides with the truth.
1Co 13:7  She knows how to be silent. She is full of trust, full of hope, full of patient endurance.
1Co 13:8  Love never fails. But if there are prophecies, they will be done away with; if there are languages, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be brought to an end.
1Co 13:9  For our knowledge is imperfect, and so is our prophesying;
1Co 13:10  but when the perfect state of things is come, all that is imperfect will be brought to an end.
1Co 13:11  When I was a child, I talked like a child, felt like a child, reasoned like a child: when I became a man, I put from me childish ways.
1Co 13:12  For the present we see things as if in a mirror, and are puzzled; but then we shall see them face to face. For the present the knowledge I gain is imperfect; but then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
1Co 13:13  And so there remain Faith, Hope, Love--these three; and of these the greatest is Love.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 07:48:00 PM by Martinez »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 08:38:07 PM »

Amen! Beautiful verses both of you! Thank you so much. Please feel free to share more if you have any more. Theirs no limit! =]]

God bless,

Alex

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 09:15:11 PM »

Gen 1:1  In the beginning God created heaven, and earth.
Inspiration!

Rev 22:21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Hope!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 09:52:02 PM »

The very last verse of the Gospel of John;

Joh 21:25  And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2008, 09:55:04 PM »

Gosh I usually hate when people ask me this because theres so many!!!!!
Its hard to pick just one or even a couple :D
All of Proverbs is an inspiration to me!!
So much wisdom!
Paul's letters to the church at Corinth has to be my favorite book of hope!!
So much to look forward to!
But since I have to choose here goes:
2Co 4:8  We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
2Co 4:9  Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;
2Co 4:10  Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.
2Co 4:11  For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

Pro 11:14  Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.
This verse is why I love this forum! :)

I going to add more later..........hehehehehe ;D
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Samson

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2008, 10:30:11 PM »

Hello Alex,

You started a very good thread, so here it goes, my list below.

1) John. 4:24, " God is Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship in spirit and truth."

2) John. 8:32, " And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

3) John. 14:6, " I am the way and the truth and the life, No one comes to the Father, except through me."

4) Romans. 15:4, " For all the things that were written aforetime were written for our instruction, that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope."

5) Proverbs. 10:19, " In the abundance of words there does not fail to be transgression, but the one keeping his lips in check is acting discreetly."

6) Matthew. 6:34, " So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have it's own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is it's own badness,"

7) Matthew. 8:12,13; " Persons in health do not need a physician, but the ailing do. Go then and learn what this means, I want mercy, and not sacrifice. For I came to call , not righteous people, but sinners."

8) James. 1:19,20; " Know this, my beloved brothers. Every man must be swift about hearing, slow about speaking, slow about wrath, For mans wrath does not work out Gods righteousness."

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2008, 11:03:27 PM »

Wow thansk alot guys, you gave me so much to look into here! I love it! Akira, you are right, the entire bible is an inspiration of hope but i think sometimes what people need to hear are words that strike to the very heart of their problems, pierceing the darkness of their dispair with a bright light.

God bless you all,

Alex

bobf

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 12:26:27 AM »

These two becuase they convinced me that God would save all mankind.

Luke 3:5 Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; 6 And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 08:47:49 AM »

I love that everyone here loves scripture!! ;D

1Ti 2:1  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:3  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

I just realized that in "context" ;) these verses still speak about ALL men!!!
Very good thread Alex!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

Dante

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 09:40:44 AM »

Exodus 3:14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

Why this is so important to me, is that it nails down who and what God is.
How else could God state to man who he was?
I cannot even put into words how important this verse is to me. I will try, but it will not come out the way it is in my mind.

God had no other option than to say to Israel, that he is "I am".
Because he IS,......that is it! Everything that is, IS Because God IS.
You and I and everyone who has ever lived, is what and who they are because "HE IS".
To me, this verse puts a cube of truth around a small amount of words that Frame the very essence of Who God is.

He simply states: I AM,....as if he were to say next,..."Got it"? (Not in a mean way either, just a clear and very concise one).

He is LOVE and that would have been an awesome way of stating who he is, BUT it does not contain ALL that he is. And by making a statement like "I AM WHO I AM" drives home that he is ALL Things to ALL people.

That is the best I can do about that one.

The other is:
"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach because we trust in the living
God, Who is the Saviour of all men, especially of those that believe" - I Tim. 4:10

Why this one is important to most of you is apparent. But what makes it so inspiring to me, is that it does in ONE sentence what "Others" try to disprove in a lifetime. It proves in one clear sentence that God will be the Savior of ALL MANKIND.
And "Others" can say what they want, but there is NO getting around the fact that this ONE sentence is indisputable PROOF that God WILL be Savior of ALL MEN, Especially those that believe.

And finally:
Romans 9:21 Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use?

This verse used to scare the heck out of me. Now that I believe ALL will be saved, it drives home the point that God will save all mankind. Because it makes Eternal Damnation, the most illogical thing on the planet. If God were to send most people to a pagan hell, then this verse points out that God is a monster. Since he made man to be the wicked soul that he is, and then condemns him to Eternal suffering for the ACT that God himself carried out, And that man had nothing to do with.

Of course God can do no wrong (No matter what), but with my finite mind. This is the logical conclusion that I have come to embrace.

ciy

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 10:42:26 AM »

Patrick,

Add the middle verse in the bible and you basically have the plan of God.

Ps 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

Pretty much covers that God did it.  Coming to know the truth.  Reconciliation of all.

CIY

phazel

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 11:02:32 AM »

My favorite verse is Proverbs 16:9  "A man deviseth a way in his heart, but God directs his feet"

Not only is that a great description of how my life unfolds it is nice that despite differences with my wife over philisophical matters, we have great conversations in agreement with that verse.

Patrick

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 02:27:08 PM »

Patrick,

Add the middle verse in the bible and you basically have the plan of God.

Ps 118:8 It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man.

Pretty much covers that God did it.  Coming to know the truth.  Reconciliation of all.

CIY

Hi CIY, just decided to use the Beginning and the End (covers all bases). ;)
As Antaiwan stated, there are SOOO many, it's hard to pick one or even a couple.
Thanks for your addition.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 04:27:41 PM »

I love that everyone here loves scripture!! ;D

1Ti 2:1  I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2  For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:3  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4  Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

I just realized that in "context" ;) these verses still speak about ALL men!!!
Very good thread Alex!

Antaiwan

Thank you brother. Correct, in context, this verse does speak of all men!

"All men, kings and all in authority." Hmm... sure sounds like everyone to me ;)?

Love to you,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 04:33:49 PM »

I've shared this before, but i thought i would share it again with those whom havn't heard it or seen me share it.

This is by far one of my favorite verses to ever grace the face of any paper;

Zec 3:3  Now Joshua was clothed with filthy garments, and stood before the angel.
Zec 3:4  And he answered and spake unto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthy garments from him. And unto him he said, Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee, and I will clothe thee with change of raiment.

Take a wild guess as to why i LOVE this passage of scripture ;)

In Christ,

Alex

P.S. I tried to emphasize what i loved about it! :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 05:26:58 PM »

And the Heavens proclaim His Glory! 8)  Not LITERAL heavens...the Spiritual One's :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 05:28:36 PM by Arcturus »

Chris R

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 08:42:14 AM »

While i do not have one scripture that is my favorite, I do have hope and a overall theme that gives me comfort.

God is in His kingdom, and In control, A all wise and loving Father whos ultimate design for mankind is to be with Him and to be part of Him.

Yes there are certain ways in which this will happen, but the end results are the same.

Peace

Chris R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.