bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Observing & contemplating  (Read 6970 times)

hillsbororiver

Observing & contemplating
« on: May 09, 2006, 09:43:46 AM »

Recently I was at the wedding of two fine young people Kevin who is a Fireman & his new Bride Rachelle a Registered Nurse. During the reception I was watching the young children at play, interacting with each other, while looking to their parents for approval. They were exuberent and energetic wanting to emulate their parents as they danced and I was struck how at this early age most kids think their parents are the smartest most beautiful people in the world. I looked around the reception hall and noticed a few teens who had the slack jawed, wish I was anywhere else look seemingly embarressed by their folks kicking up their heels in celebration and a few tables where grown children were sitting with their parents, apparently as happy as we can be in this world.

What struck me was how when we first realize that there is a God and that we have a need for Him in our lives we approach Him in awe with a childlike innocence and after a time many of us grow away and even presume we know enough already and don't have a real need for any one on one  relationship, as we have our church to socialize with. If we are in good standing with the Pastor and the established members what more could we need?

Then comes the time when something happens to make us realize that we do not know anything, are powerless and these church friends don't have any answers either, we seek Him and come to the conclusion that we really do need Him more than anything, His Words and His chastisements are from a Love we cannot comprehend but we now know is very real.

These thoughts were running through my mind as I remembered the dependence I had on my folks as a child, my very rebellious adolescence and how they once again looked so smart as I confronted the problems and responsibilties of adulthood.

This observation was certainly no earth shattering revelation but often I see things in  nature, the regeneration of vegetation, the order and instincts of the animal world and I am reminded of Him, His signature on all things.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments or observations?

Joe

zander

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 10:04:09 AM »

I see what you mean Hillsboro.  I walk past children in the week, whilst i am on my way to work and they are on their way to school.I sometimes imagine that really we are all kids, as God is our Father and that makes me feel no different to them  in a spiritual sense.

bowlbyx

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 10:10:43 AM »

we are ants.

GOD bless
david

Mickyd

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 10:56:51 AM »

Great post Joe.

I have come to realize that God IS everything.

Becky

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 11:06:33 AM »

Speaking of "God is everything"...

I was reading and wondered what the definition of "faith" really was... I mean not only Bible definitions (Heb 11:1 etc) but deeper than that if there was one.

I looked up every scripture with the word faith in it.. i overanalyzed it, and looked at the greek and hebrew meanings..... and i really didn't get anywhere with the "knowledge".

While reading the Law of Moses more carefully I think the spirit hit me with it (by no work of my own, go figure!).... All I saw was how God said "I AM" ... Christ said "I am... the was the truth and the life... etc.

God is everything right?  SO is Christ Faith?  I know this could be old news to ya'll but I wanted some imput. I dont want to feel like I'm guessing on this... It makes sense though when I put the word Jesus in for Faith (as in Christ in you).

What do you think?  ](*,)

Becky

longhorn

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 12:18:41 PM »

When you finally realize that in the ages to come, we will be nothing more than SPIRITUAL ROBOTS, I for one to not get real excited.  God's report card for this first semester,,,,,, ALL F'S    (FAILURE)

Longhorn

eutychus

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 12:25:30 PM »

Quote from: longhorn
When you finally realize that in the ages to come, we will be nothing more than SPIRITUAL ROBOTS, I for one to not get real excited.  God's report card for this first semester,,,,,, ALL F'S    (FAILURE)

Longhorn

spiritual robots? you joking right??? :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :shock:

longhorn

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 12:58:13 PM »

Please convince me otherwise.  God controls everything you or I do, say, think, ect. ect.  If that is not ROBOTIC in nature I dont know what is.  All I am saying is this age is not  what I call a very good example of a GOD OF LOVE.  First the natural, then spiritual, so what,, you and I are still just PAWNS in the hands of what so far has PROVEN to be a cruel and evil superior Spirit, so are you 100% SURE the ages to come will be any diffrent?

Longhorn

Andy_MI

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 01:15:10 PM »

Please convince me otherwise.  God controls everything you or I do, say, think, ect. ect.  If that is not ROBOTIC in nature I dont know what is.  All I am saying is this age is not  what I call a very good example of a GOD OF LOVE.  First the natural, then spiritual, so what,, you and I are still just PAWNS in the hands of what so far has PROVEN to be a cruel and evil superior Spirit, so are you 100% SURE the ages to come will be any diffrent?

Longhorn

What happened that caused a bitterness to spring up in your heart?  Here's a post you made about a month ago.

I am new to this forum, but from what I have seen and read so far I am VERY IMPRESSED by what appears to be genuine Christ Like attitude among those who post on the general message boards. I have just recently be DRAGGED OUT of Babylon, so please be patient with me as I have many years and LAYERS of FALSE DOCTRINE that will have to be removed. I look forward to the opportunity of being able to fellowship with so many like minded brethren. I detect a vast amount of Spiritual Maturity from the post I have viewed

Love in Christ
Charles

What happened?

Love in Christ
Andy

eutychus

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 01:22:25 PM »

Longhorn

Longhorn,
 no disrespect but thats a pretty sad and shallow view of how God works.

you wanna continue i will, but first tell me where you get the idea God controls thoughts and actions and everything you do?
 you cant think of this in human/carnal terms.

peace
chuckt

Mickyd

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »

Please convince me otherwise.

No one can do that. That's something that's between you and God.

God controls everything you or I do, say, think, ect. ect.  If that is not ROBOTIC in nature I dont know what is.  All I am saying is this age is not  what I call a very good example of a GOD OF LOVE.  

That's not entirely true. God puts you in certain positions already knowing what you will say or do. This is not always for "your beifit", but for others. You may or may not see a reason for it....but, just because you can't see over the wall doesn't mean that God can't.

This is an evil age....that fact is repeated over and over in both the Old and New Testaments. But, this evil age WILL end. In this age we are decieved from birth till death. In the next age, all will be revieled. This age is evil because in our sinful, carnal nature, all we want to do is sin. In essance, we are "Slaves" to sin. We can do nothing BUT sin.

First the natural, then spiritual, so what,, you and I are still just PAWNS in the hands of what so far has PROVEN to be a cruel and evil superior Spirit, so are you 100% SURE the ages to come will be any diffrent?

Longhorn

As far as being 100% sure....that's a matter of faith. Something you obviousely don't have...and only God can give it to you. But, you want to be the master of your own destiny....you don't like the idea of God being in control. Let me ask you this.......How can you ever be the master of your own destiny when you have absolutely no control over what somebody else does to you? You can't.

You think God is evil because you see all the "Bad" things that happen to others and also probably because you are not getting what you want out of life. But, have you ever stopped to think that maybe...just maybe that the reason that all the bad things that happen to others is because we live in an age where we have 6 billion Gods, all wanting to be the master of their own destiny?

Think about that.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2006, 01:50:37 PM »

Longhorn

Longhorn, perhaps at this stage the "F" may be more appropriately stand for Foolishness. You haven't been, nor are you, nor will you be alone in having this sentiment when it comes to looking at the Lord with a carnal, physical eye.

Pro 15:14  The heart of him that hath understanding seeketh knowledge: but the mouth of fools feedeth on foolishness.

Pro 19:3  The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth2196 gainst the LORD.

H2196
זעף
zâ‛aph
zaw-af'
A primitive root; properly to boil up, that is, (figuratively) to be peevish or angry: - fret, sad, worse liking, be wroth.

Ecc 10:13  The beginning of the words of his mouth is foolishness: and the end of his talk is mischievous madness.

1Co 1:23  But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

Peruse through the Testimony section of the Forum and see where many of us were at one time. It is not at all unusual to have the feelings you do when the Lord first begins to call us to Him. He knows why you are cold and unloving toward Him, it is His doing but He will use that strong emotion you have to drag you to Him. Sound foolish?

Rev 3:15  I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

Rev 3:16  So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of my mouth.

As you can see the "lukewarm" condition of many proclaimed "christians" is what He rejects, He knows why the carnal mind feels as it does.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

This strong antipathy you are experiencing may very well be the beginning of Him opening your eyes.

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2006, 01:56:14 PM »

Great posts Andy, Chuck, MickyD, I know it grieves us to see a brother in despair, this "Prodigal son" stage is not very satisfying........ until the reconciliation.

Joe

Mickyd

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2006, 02:05:28 PM »

I think we all go through this at one time or another...I know I certainly have. In the end, looking back on it, I think it made me a better person. But, it took many spankings to get me out of it.

eutychus

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2006, 02:12:39 PM »

it brought me to the place of being able to be thankfull in all situations.
seeing God so much bigger and loving.

we must remember aslo:

Gen 50:20 But as for you, ye thought evil against me; [but] God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as [it is] this day, to save much people alive.

1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.