bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please Pray  (Read 4516 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Please Pray
« on: March 27, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »

Dear Ray,

I wanted to write you because I have just listened to your sermon titled Destiny of the Woman. I have been emailing you questions (and you have been answering them surprisingly quickly) but I thought it necessary and my husband suggested to me that I should introduce myself to you and thank you for opening our minds up to the truths of God.

We live in Melbourne, Australia, and discovered your website through Google while we were looking up the subject of tithing. We are both so happy and thrilled to discover the beauty and awesomeness of our great God, that He is indeed going to save all. We previously believed what we were told by the church about hell, salvation, free will etc, (although neither of us believed tithing was scriptural practice for believers!) Finding out these truths has been one of the best things that has happened to us and my husband said today that he feels like he has only just become a true believer now, after all these years of following a God we didn’t really know.

My husband Tom is the president of an organisation called House of Restoration, which he started as a ministry helping street kids and people in need in our city. It has since expanded and branched off into a whole lot of smaller sub-ministries, but teaching the Word of God remains an important part of what we, and particularly Tom, does every day. He teaches and counsels a lot of young people and would like you to know that he has already begun sharing these truths with some of those people.

As for me I have been blessed through your website and tonight through the sermon I listened to. Tonight Tom was admitted to hospital after going to the emergency department with chest pains. He is still there and I am home with our two baby boys (17 months and 2 months). This is not the first time he has had these symptoms and it is scary as a young woman (I am 25) with two young children to imagine our lives without him. But listening to your sermon comforted me and especially the words you spoke at the end of your story of Esther. I know that if Tom does die of heart disease, it is all part of God’s plan and that it is part of the hardship and trial that I will endure for the sake of being molded into his image. I would rather enter the Kingdom of God as a widow than go through life comfortably and never make it there.

You sound like a kind, gentle grandfather on the recording and your words and your voice have comforted me tonight. Even though we have never met, somehow after listening to your message I feel like just hugging you- must be Christ in you!

Thank you for being obedient to the Word.

Kind regards,

Rachel.

Dear Rachel:  I am sorry to hear about your husband. I will make your situation known to our Bible-Truths discussion Forum where many people of like mind as you and your husband come together to share their journey in God's Truths. They are eager to pray for situations such as yours.  Don't assume the worst. If God has plans for your husband, then he will survive this emergency.  You are very young to have this burden, but just as our Apostle Paul, you will become strong through infirmities.

God be with you,

Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Please Pray
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 09:16:44 AM »

Tom is home from hospital, he stayed in overnight and came back the following morning. There is an enzyme in his blood (CK enzyme) that is extremely high but the doctors do not know whether that enzyme is being released from the heart or from other muscles in the body, as it is usually released when there is some sort of muscular damage. However, he had an echo cardiogram (ultrasound of the heart) and that looked good. He will be going back to the doctor for more blood tests on Monday. He is still having mild chest pain.

Thank you for praying for us. I am personally feeling a lot more hopeful about the situation.

Rachel.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 19 queries.