bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 5444 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Trinity
« on: March 27, 2008, 08:40:47 PM »

Ray,
I hope you find the time to read this e-mail.  I read a couple of your studies and comments and I found you very interesting.  Let me explain.
First of all, it is obvious you have an extensive knowledge of the Word, and as long as you recognize that without Jesus there is no salvation, and you trust in Him and only Him for the forgiveness of your sins, then you are ok.
Teachings like the Trinity, tithing, hell and some other are blessings to those who have received the revelation.  You are convinced that the trinity is not scriptural, and I agree that the word trinity does not appear in the Bible.  However, when it comes to this subject, many people do not know how to explain it and therefore bring confusion to the hearers.
YOu are absolutely right to question the doctrine on the Trinity based on the verses you challenge this doctrine with.  Allow me to clarify this topic.
The confusion lies in the word GOD.  GOD is not a na me, but a title.  It means deity, not human, above humanity, higher power.  In Genesis, which is the first book of the Bible and the first time this name or title is used, you will find that when God uses this title HE speaks as though He is not alone, and we know HE is not.  In Genesis, the word God is the word ELOHIM in hebrew and it denotes a plural entity.  When God said "Let us make man...", God the Father was talking to somebody and based on John chapter one we know is Jesus who He was talking to.
Now, when you look at the doctrine of the Trinity, look at it, if you will, not as GOD the Father is the same as JEsus our saviour, but see it as GOD, the Deity, is revealed to humans in three different Persons.  When we say GOD, we are addressing these three persons.  When we say we believe in GOD, we are saying that we believe in a higher power that is revealed in three person.  Now if some one asks you wh a t is the name of your God, then it is necessary to specify that our GOD is three in one.  GOD THE FATHER, GOD THE SON AND GOD THE HOLY SPIRIT.  We pray to the Father, in the name of the Son and the Holy Spirit executes the Father's command.  You cannot come to the Father except through Jesus, and you cannot come to Jesus except the Holy Spirit convicts you of sin.  The Father sent His only Begotten Son so that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  That everlasting life is manifested by the Holy Spirit.
So Ray, when we, those who believe in the doctrine of the Trinity, say the triune GOd, we are not saying that the Father is Jesus and Jesus is the Father because as you have proved it with your verses, it does not make sense.  What we are saying is that GOD has revealed His Love and plan for us through the manifestation of three perso ns .  YOu cannot have a relationship with one and not the other.
Even if you still do not accept this doctrine, it does not separate us as brothers in Christ for we both trust in the Lord Jesus Christ for the redemption of our lives.

God bless you,
Anner

PS I hope I receive a reply from you.

Dear Anner:  Jesus Christ was "conceived by the Holy Spirit" (Matt. 1:20). You say that the Holy Spirit is a person. That is unscriptural. If the Holy Spirit is a person, and Jesus was conceived BY THAT PERSON called the Holy Spirit, then Jesus would be "the Son OF THE HOLY SPIRIT."  But Jesus is nowhere called the Son of the Holy Spirit, but He is called "the Son OF THE FATHER"  (II John 1:3).  Every little school boy in the street knows that whoever conceives a child in a mother's womb IS THE FATHER of that child when it is born!  But not Christians, no, not Christians--Christians believe that one man can conceive a child and then when it is born it is the SON OF A DIFFERENT PERSON.  Give me a break. This is just one of the unscriptural foolish contradictions with the pagan theory of a triune god.  I will continue to believe the Scriptures.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 18 queries.