bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greek  (Read 4980 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Greek
« on: March 29, 2008, 09:18:48 AM »

Dear Rev. Ray,

Thank you for your article about tithing, I read some of your answers to Rev. Hagee.(not only Hagee, look at the rest who are on the tv, God tv also, look how they dress, look at their homes and churches and staff with salary, and how much they beg more and more, they say not for them but to help the few wretched faces they show on the tv to stir the merciful heart of the poor Christians to send them their last penny. Look at the Cathedrals and the multi million facilities they have.

But I have something to ask you:

You know Greek well, why don't you translate the New Testament, at least the Gospels in the beginning, and offer the literal correct translation for us and the coming generation, this will be a great service for God and his real sheep.

With my respect and appreciation and love

Dear Pastor Hessen:  I don't know Greek at all. There are numerous fine and well-translated versions of the Holy Scriptures--Rotherham's Emphasized Bible, Concordant Literal Old and New Testaments. Even the King James is not a bad translation if you properly translate just one Greek word--"aionios" means "pertaining to an age," not "everlasting" or "eternal." Make that one correct in the King James and you have a whole new Bible. The translation is not the biggest problem--obedience and faith are. People don't believe the verses that are properly translated.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.