bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sunday School Flashback  (Read 4163 times)

Vangie

Sunday School Flashback
« on: March 29, 2008, 07:26:24 PM »

I remember at about the age of 8, either my mom or dad would drive me to church to attend Sunday School (parents didn't go to church at all back then though, strange that they sent me, huh?)  This was part of our weekly routine, and I was a sponge soaking up and learning what the teacher--his name was Judge Camp--taught us.  I was a nerdy kid, and I thought way too much and way too deep for a kid (or so I used to feel before realizing that God's in control of every one of our thoughts!)  I wonder how Judge Camp would answer me if he knew what I know now.  See, I remember asking him after he taught us that God was all knowing and that nothing happened that He didn't mean to happen, but yet Satan who was created by God and was originally good, but then Lucifer/Satan decided on his own that he was gonna be bad and "fell".  Just like Adam and Eve were created perfect but they still sinned of their own accord and God didn't see it coming--what??...?  At 8 years old, I put Judge on the spot on how either could have happened in the first place if God was omniscient--all powerful--as he'd just said.  That was a terrible Sunday School experience for me, as I'm sure it was for Judge too.  I never really tried to wrap my mind and heart all the way around it again until He led me to these truths we have been blessed with learning. 

Just wanted to share that.  It makes me realize that He loved me and was with me when I was a child and saw me thru a lot of hard living to bring me back to Him again.  He knows All, he is All.  My typed words here seem so inadequate to relate the hugeness of the impact.  I do hope it translates on some level to you guys, my forum family.

Hope that doesn't read like total mushiness.  It's just weird how looking back as I child I GOT it, but had to really GET IT the long way around (and must continue working to KEEP it!).  Thanks for listening and any comments are surely welcome.

Love in Christ,
Vangie   

musicman

Re: Sunday School Flashback
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 07:35:02 PM »

Boy, I bet Judge Camp would turn in to Judge Dread if you told him what you know today.

Kent

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2008, 11:05:51 AM »

Vangie, I know what you mean. All of it, the hard living, the back sliding, everything. False starts too, I looked into many strange doctrines that supposedly explained these contradictions. Looking for truth in all the wrong places. But it wasnt a total waste of time, even if all of it was of varying degrees of foolishness, in hindsight.

I have always wondered about the contradictions that otherwise intelligent people spouted when it came to God and what He is like. I never understood it, even when I was a kid, but I didn't know what the answers were, I just had faith that the answers would come, because He told me they would come in time.

I know what causes these contradictions, but I still do not really understand it.

Vangie

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 04:55:10 PM »

Musicman--I bet you're right.  ;)

Kent--Thanks for your comments and empathy.  You know, I think God means for us to experience it all, including the contradictions that pepper our pasts in order to bring us through them and thus appreciate the real truth of the gospel.  It's all according to His Will!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.