bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheep and Goats  (Read 5656 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Sheep and Goats
« on: March 30, 2008, 01:56:24 PM »

Dear Clae: I have 419 unanswered emails ahead of yours, but since I am reading your email now, I will make a few COMMENTS in it............

I read that you said completely everyone will be saved and that it is calamity that will be thrown in the lake of fire.

COMMENT:  Totally false. I do not say such things as "everyone will be saved" without quoting the many many Scriptures from where I found that. I did not come up with the fact that God will save all mankind, GOD DID (I Tim. 4:10, I Tim. 2:4, Phil. 2:9-11, etc., etc., etc.).  Where have I ever suggested that "calamity" will be thrown into the lake of fire. I have never ever said such a thing.

Then who is Jesus referring to as Sheep and Goats in theses scriptures. Now read the whole 25Th chapter of Matthew if you like, I too am a firm believer in Mass Contextual understanding. But to cut to the chase here are some inserts of Matthew supporting my comment/ question.

M't:25:33: And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
    M't:25:34: Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

M't:25:41: Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire,

COMMENT:  "everlasting" is NOT a Scriptural word. So to believe that those put into this fire will be in it for all eternity is unscriptural nonsense. See my paper: "Is
    EVERLASTING Scriptural."

prepared for the devil and his angels:
    M't:25:45: Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    M't:25:46: And these shall go away into everlasting punishment:

COMMENT:  Again, "everlasting punishment" is not a proper translation. It should be "eonian or age-lasting, or age-abiding, chastisement."  This is not the normal word for "punishment." It comes from the root to cut or prune as in pruning a tree, not to destroy it, not to torture it, not to punish it, but so that it will PRODUCE FRUIT--hence "chastisement," as opposed to "punishment." And the righteous will receive "eonian/age-lasting" life.  This unique life is the life promised by Jesus to those who will reign and rule and judge with Jesus, a thousand years. They do NOT reign with Christ for all eternity, hence it is "eonian" life, not "eternal" life, which is unscriptural. Jesus HIMSELF does not reign "eternally."
    Jesus only reigns "until" He has put down all enemies and brought the whole Universe into subject to God's righteousness (See Isa. 26:9, I Cor. 15:26-28, etc.).

We will, in fact, live forever, but not because Jesus promised "everlasting" or "eternal" life, as there is no such Scripture, but we will live on beyond the reign of Jesus just as He will, because God has promised us "IMMORTALITY" which means "dealth-less-ness," not "eternity." We will NEVER die.

but the righteous into life eternal.

It's clear that some souls are labeled sheep and some are labeled goats. There is absolutely no sound en scribed annotation in scripture that announces that every single soul on this earth will be saved. I just read some will be cast into the lake of fire, but yet to find a God inspired scripture that says," ALL WILL BE SAVED".

COMMENT:  Well let me introduce you to a few:  "God our Saviour, Who WILL HAVE ALL MEN TO BE SAVED..." (I Tim. 2:4).  I know that Christians who despise the Word of God do not believe that verse. They say God can't HAVE what He wants. After all, who does He think He is, GOD?  Yes, God does think that He is God and that He not only can have what He wants but He WILL HAVE ALL THAT HE WANTS. God says that "I will do ALL MY PLEASURE" (Isa. 46:10). And yes, the Hebrew word translated "pleasure" is "DESIRE."  God WILL DO ALL THAT HE DESIRES. Do you believe it?  Do you believe God "desire" to have ALL MEN SAVED? ( I Tim. 2:4).  Do you believe that He WILL do all His desires?  Those people who DESPISE the word of God do not believe any of these Scriptures.

God the Father commissioned Jesus "TO BE the Saviour of the World" (I John 4:14).  Does the Church believe that Jesus will fulfill His Father's commission? No, of course they don't--they despise the Word of God.

The Church teaches that our salvation is ultimately dependent upon OURSELVES. We are ones who must choose Jesus (even thou Jesus says He is the One Who chooses US to bring forth the fruit of His Spirit, John 15:16). The Church teaches that WE must come to Christ and choose Him, Yet Jesus tells us twice in one chapter that "NO MAN CAN come to Me except the Father draw (Gk: DRAG) him...." (John 6:44 & 65).

The Church teaches the damnable heresy of human free will, whereas God teaches that, "IT IS GOD [who? men? No, GOD] which works in you BOTH TO WILL AND TO DO of his good pleasure" (Phil. 2:13). Once again, the Church teaches that this is not so, and that God cannot and will not bring about His "good pleasure" in all humanity, even people like Paul TRUSTED, "...in the living God, Who IS THE SAVIOUR OF ALL MEN,  E-S-P-E-C-I-A-L-L-Y  [not exclusively, but 'especially'] of those that believe" (I Tim. 4:10).  But how many good, respecting, holier-than-thou Christian despise this Scripture?

You are good at capitalizing what appears to be defending the Word of God. But you miss the empathetic reasoning the Inspired word of God was design for by the Almighty God Himself in the first place.

COMMENT:  Oh really?  You may just have to eat those words one day, Clae.

Further more your are bitter

COMMENT:  Now you go from foolish arguments to lying. I assure you that I am not "bitter."  You confuse intensity and conviction with "bitterness."  Do you know that God says about those who call "good evil?" (Isa. 5:20).  You had better watch your mouth, Clae.

, a prototype Jonah. You are doing it right and everyone else is wrong, how original.

COMMENT:  I do not defend myself, Clae, I defend the Scriptures, and they ARE RIGHT.

You are part of the movement of the,"Internet Christian". How many souls you help win to Jesus this week? I can answer that, ZERO, because your agenda and time spent is to bash Christianity in its erred state giving you a sense of," God smiles on me for what I'm doing for him" goosie feeling.

COMMENT:  You LIE, Clae, and you are digging your pit deeper and deeper.

Examine yourself and see if your fire is on the Foundation of Love. Because you can fight and defend and expose lies all you want, but without the engine of love all your works are nothing, just ask the goats. Peace in Jesus.
    Humbly Yours Clae

COMMENT:  Consider that I might be "exposing lies" of Christendom, AND doing it out of a love for all humanity and a love for My Heavenly Father.  Read my paper: "Is EVERLASTING Scriptural?"
    Ray

« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 04:05:35 PM by Dennis Vogel »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.