bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Kennedy  (Read 4197 times)

carol v

Dr. Kennedy
« on: March 31, 2008, 10:40:51 PM »

I was watching a rerun of the John Ankerburg show last night -- it's the only "religious" show I still watch and only because he discusses issues I find interesting. Last night's topic was Protestants vs. Catholics -- they were discussing a letter/statement written by someone stating that all churches were equal in belief/salvation and that doctrinal differences didn't matter.

Of course, the stance of Ankerburg/Kennedy and company was that the doctrine issues matter a lot -- in other words, the evangelicals have it right and the catholics have it wrong. Also that just because a person says they believe it doesn't mean they are saved.

Question (Ankerburg): Dr. Kennedy, I'll ask you..do you believe that all Christians are saved...do you believe that everyone in your own congregation are true Christians.

Answer (Kennedy:  Well, John...I have said many times that there are many people in my congregation that I would not want to be handcuffed to when they die. (Smirk on face.)

Audience:  Chuckles and grins by all. Oh, how funny Dr. Kennedy is. Ha, ha, ha, isn't it funny that people we go to church with will be eternally burned and tortured.

Yuk. Yuk. Yuk.

Couldn't stomach it after that and switched to the umpteenth viewing of "The Great Escape" to lull me to sleep...

carol

Matt

Re: Dr. Kennedy
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 11:00:37 PM »

Sick!   :o
I heard Jesse Duplantis say once, "you lie, you fry".  I used to think it was funny (there was no way you could have convinced me of the truth), so I am slow to criticize those still in Babylon. 
Maybe that is why it makes us cringe so much after learning the truth, and why it can get so lonely at times.  Most people are just not capable of understanding, yet!

Matt

phazel

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:51:51 PM »

Sick!   :o
I heard Jesse Duplantis say once, "you lie, you fry".  I used to think it was funny (there was no way you could have convinced me of the truth), so I am slow to criticize those still in Babylon. 
Maybe that is why it makes us cringe so much after learning the truth, and why it can get so lonely at times.  Most people are just not capable of understanding, yet!

Matt

Boy I sure relate to the lonliness part of that,  my wife nor my son really agrees with things i believe now,  one of my sons seems to consider things, but he is away in the military.  So my in person social life has no one to discuss these things with.  It is nice that I can come here and learn and post my thoughts at times

carol v

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 01:50:48 PM »

Hi Phazel,

I'm in your same boat. I can discuss this stuff with my boyfriend of many years but there is a line there. He is still a card-carrying elder of the Presbyterian church even though he is bending towards universal reconciliation. I have no clue what the members of the church say to him since I quit attending a few years ago -- I just know that they don't speak to me anymore.

It's a lonely road at times but a blessed one as well. Even if I don't make it to that glorious and blessed first resurrection I will always be grateful and thankful that I was singled out of this small town to see the truth -- even if I am alone in it.

Have a great day...

carol
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.