bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am very worried and down-right scared  (Read 6485 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
I am very worried and down-right scared
« on: April 01, 2008, 09:22:24 AM »

Hi Ray,
I just listened to your study. I have to say, I am very worried and down-right scared. Are you stating that if I have yet to overcome my lust issues and if I have not yet conquered my inability to resist lustful situations, that I have no hope for eonian life and the first resurrection? Am I now guaranteed the Lake Of Fire? Didn't God tell us to "confess our sins, and He is faithful to forgive us our sins"?

Isn't Hebrews 10:26, talking about people who CHOOSE a sinful life STYLE regardless of the knowledge they have of God's truth and do not CARE about the kind of life they live? Surely this isn't taking of a sin or even a hand full of "sins" committed in weakness, but rather a chosen way of life, is it not?

I am a 32 year old who still has major issues with my flesh (suprise). I so desire to pluck out my own ey es! I do not want to do the things that I still do that are wrong (lust over women, etc). I HATE IT! Of course my FLESH likes it, but "I" hate it. I feel completely helpless in my own skin.

I am very worried because of what you said in your audio. I now feel like I am guaranteed to go to the LOF, since I certainly am still a sinner. I certainly do not have the attitude of "I'm going to be saved anyway so I'll just go out and do whatever my flesh wants to". I desire to cast of my members into the fire, but I just don't know how!

I hope you choose to respond as I am in spiritual pain right now.

J

Dear J:  You must rid yourself of all the Christian superstition that is still in your consciousness. You can't save yourself, except as God gives you the desire and the power. If sin still has "dominion" over you (See Rom. 6), then God has not yet been victorious in your spiritual life. It doesn't mean that he is finished with you, however.  I continued to sin for years after I KNEW what I was doing was sin. I just deceived myself into being thankful for greasy grace.

One does not stop all his sinning just because he desires to stop.  I desired to stop, but I couldn't stop. When it was God's time in my life to really repent and stop sinning, then God brought that about. No matter how much power you believe there to be in human will, God will bring you to the place that you will have NO CONFIDENCE IN THE FLESH (Phil. 3:3).  God is going to make you hate your sins real bad before He will grant you victory over them. Be patient--pray and obey till God comes to your aid.

God be with you,

Ray

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: I am very worried and down-right scared
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 09:22:46 AM »

My Web Master suggested I made an editorial note to my last reply to Jeremy's email on quitting sin. I was not suggesting that we becomes totally "sinless" when we become spiritually converted. The key is in the word I used to reference Romans chapter 6 in which it is stated that sin shall not have "DOMINION" over our lives. Now there is a different between consciously living sin free, and committing sins even when we consciously determine not to sin.  It is not humanly possible to live totally sin free. Notice Paul's words:

Phi 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Phi 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Phi 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

Phi 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Phi 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Phi 3:15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Phi 3:16 Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.

This letter was written years into Paul's ministry, and years after his bitter repentance, and YET, he states, "Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect..." If Paul could admit to that, where oh where do you think most of us come in?  Yet we should all come to the place in our lives where "sin shall NOT have dominion over you." Hope this makes my previous statements a littler clearer.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.