bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One Solitary Life  (Read 5637 times)

hillsbororiver

One Solitary Life
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:07:31 PM »

He was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant. He grew up in another village, where he worked in a carpenter shop until he was 30. Then, for three years, he was an itinerant preacher.

He never wrote a book. He never held an office. He never had a family or owned a home. He didn't go to college. He never lived in a big city. He never traveled 200 miles from the place where he was born. He did none of the things that usually accompany greatness. He had no credentials but himself.

He was only 33 when the tide of public opinion turned against him. His friends ran away. One of them denied him. He was turned over to his enemies and went through the mockery of a trial. He was nailed to a cross between two thieves. While he was dying, his executioners gambled for his garments, the only property he had on earth. When he was dead, he was laid in a borrowed grave, through the pity of a friend.

Twenty centuries have come and gone, and today he is the central figure of the human race. I am well within the mark when I say that all the armies that ever marched, all the navies that ever sailed, all the parliaments that ever sat, all the kings that ever reigned--put together--have not affected the life of man on this earth as much as that one, solitary life.*

*Attributed to James Allen Francis.

joyful1

Re: One Solitary Life
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 01:13:55 PM »

....and THAT really says it all!
Thanks for posting this, Joe.
Joyce :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 05:19:15 PM »

AMEN to THAT!  8)

Tks Joe.

Arc.

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 06:49:33 PM »

Psa 40:5  Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to usward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

Beloved

joyful1

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 08:09:02 PM »

:)

John 21:25
Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

Samson

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:06:15 PM »

Hello Joe(Hillsbororiver),

Thankyou for that, that hit my heart, very good Post. This Scripture came to my mind as a result of reading your Post.

" That was the true light which gives light to every man coming into the World. He was in the World, and the World was made through him, and the World did not know him. He came to his own, and His own did not receive him. But as many as received him, to them he gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in his name: who were born, not of blood, nor the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. John. 1:9-13.

Thanks again for sharing that Joe, Samson.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 10:14:07 PM »

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for your thoughtful responses, meditating on that short piece really opens the reality of the miracle of miracles that is Jesus Christ.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 10:24:10 PM »

the miracle of miracles that is Jesus Christ.
His Peace and Wisdom to you,
Joe

Amen!

Little Joe

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 11:50:18 PM »

Joe,

I heard that years ago.  It is very powerful, thanks for the reminder.

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 09:35:20 AM »

Yes Joe this has been around for quite some time, actually it was part of a sermon given by James Allen Francis in July of 1926, I ran across it as I was looking for something else and it hit home with me as a very succinct way of illustrating the incomparable life of Jesus Christ.

Peace,

Joe

kweli

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 10:27:05 AM »

Halleluyah

Great one Joe

brandon h

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 04:59:25 PM »

So true, and how good it is to be in the process of knowing him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.