bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 4410 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Thanks
« on: May 10, 2006, 10:52:34 AM »

Dear Brother Smith,

My heart is too full to express the gratitude I have to the Lord God for causing me to find your site.  For several years now, I have been praying that God would not let me be deceived, but would cause me to know Him.  I have been praying that His truth would reign in me.

A little over a year ago, I sat in a traffic jam in Raleigh, NC for six hours.  A friend had given me 3 CD's on the Hebraic roots of the Christianity and the great errors that were introduced after the second century with the rise of Constantine and others.  I listened to the CD's 3 times through, and my entire Christian foundation was pulled out from under me in just a few hours.  Praise God!

Several years ago, my sister told me that her pastor had been forced to leave his church because he had declared that he no longer believed in hell.  My sister agreed with his dismissal and so did I.  But, my spirit was stirred.  A few years later, I stumbled onto a website that mentioned the same thing, and I immediately closed it.

However, after my experience in Raleigh, I began studying the Hebraic roots of Christianity and ancient Hebrew thought.  Suddenly, what I had believed no longer made sense.  I was really searching for information on tithing when I came upon your website.

Then, I began to read what you had written on universal salvation and free will.  It makes sense.  I could never understand why Pharaohs' heart was hardened or why Judas was "destined" to betray Jesus.  Before, I couldn't understand how all of Israel will be saved (Ro. 11:25).  Now, I do.  God's plan for the salvation of the world is absolutely glorious!!

My poor, sad mother committed suicide over 30 years ago when she was just 42 years old.  I always thought she was in hell.   I have such hope, now.  And I think I understand that we sleep in death.  I would always read that in the scriptures and wondered what it meant.  The other day I was thinking about this, and what it would mean to sleep for thousands of years.  What would that be like?  I had surgery a few years ago.  I remember being given the anesthetic, then all of a sudden I was awake, but an hour had passed.  I had absolutely no memory of that hour.  It's as though it never occurred.  Perhaps this is what it will be like for us.  The sleep of death will not seem long.  Anyway, just a thought.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm studying your Lake of Fire series.  I'll write again when I have finished it.

Thank you for the years you have spent on this work.   God keep you.

Jane
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 22 queries.