bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So now what does this all mean?  (Read 4725 times)

brandon h

So now what does this all mean?
« on: April 02, 2008, 10:13:15 PM »

"Know ye not that they which run a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.
And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to abtain a corruptible crown: but we an incorruptible. I therefore so run, not as uncertainly: so fight I, not as one that beateth the air. But I keep my body under subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway."             1 Corinth 9 24-27

I was inspired by the Lord to share this with you, my brothers and sisters. It's been a while since I've posted.

In alone time with the Lord I felt an unction in me ask " So now what does this all mean?"

We all have our sories of how Christ led us here: from the depths of Babylon to the splendid truth of scripture. Which is wonderful, by all means. But, in persuing the depths of God, it's necessity. And I thank God that he would even show this much mercy to me to see these truths. But in being one with him, that's not even scratching the surface. So I look at the greatest of the apostles who genuinley saw himself as the least. You see, with blinded eyes these scriptures are of no spiritual use. They can no longer mean, "Well, I just need to go to church more often." Or " I'm going to throw away all secular music ( I know some of you will get that)." This is no longer a list of do's and dont's that please men. Paul says in 1 Corinth Ch 9 that all things are permissible to him and those who partake in the elect. So now that there is no fear of an eternal torture, why don't we all just let loose a little? Some of us will, because we were putting on a face for the churches we attended. I was. But out of the grays of the fear tactics comes the light of the truth. Love tactics. God's tactics: that he wants all of us: the ugly, unregenerated parts of us he wants, and he wants us to know he sees them all!
I discovered Bible Truths almost two years ago. It doesn't matter if it's been four years or four days, we see that there is the force of the Almighty spirit himself calling us here. We watch what we do and say not out of fear, but because our holy loving Father is using us as his temple! And every day is a day of drawing closer in oneness with him. It is great to aspire to be part of the elect, but what about being one with him. Is'nt there no greater calling than that? And if that's our goal, we cover the elect part.
I have been challenged by many in this forum who I thank God for, and I pray that it contiunues. It takes some longer than others to shake the lies that we were taught over the years, so let us continue to be there for one another. Thanks for reading. As always

God Bless

hebrewroots98

Re: So now what does this all mean?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »

Very well said Brandonh.  IT ALL simply means that WE ARE A HOLY PEOPLE/NATION AND A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD TO AND FOR YESHUA; that is ALL that matters...it's what HE thinks of US...and not what we or others think about us!!!   :D

brandon h

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 10:21:35 AM »

Very well said Brandonh.  IT ALL simply means that WE ARE A HOLY PEOPLE/NATION AND A ROYAL PRIESTHOOD TO AND FOR YESHUA; that is ALL that matters...it's what HE thinks of US...and not what we or others think about us!!!   :D

Amen! Thanx for posting

gmik

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 01:01:30 PM »

Morning to both of you!!!

The life we are really called to live is a LOT harder than the list of do's and don'ts! But it is also more rewarding.

I was thinking about HOW I "looked" as a "Christian" now.  Most in the church would think I don't look like one at all! :D But the change is so INWard! and we are to show our love by the fruit of the Spirit. Soooooooo different.

Phil3:10

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 01:10:33 PM »

Brandon,
 How very true that all is of CHRIST and in HIM only is found true liberty. Just HIM, HE will lead us to the wonderful truths of HIS FATHER and our GOD.

brandon h

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 10:55:38 PM »

Gmik'

I have the same thoughts as well. I'm sure to babylon it looks like we have really backsliden into our own iniquity, when the truth is they are blinded to the truths of living a life in the spirit, as opposed to pleasing men and their flesh.

And Phil 3:10,

Brandon,
 How very true that all is of CHRIST and in HIM only is found true liberty. Just HIM, HE will lead us to the wonderful truths of HIS FATHER and our GOD.

That says it all!!!

God Bless
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.