bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More Good News  (Read 4453 times)

kweli

More Good News
« on: April 03, 2008, 12:24:27 PM »

Acts 17

22 Standing in the center of the Areopagus, Paul said:” Men of Athens, I notice on every hand how religious you are [wow! even Paul saw through the religiosity…];
23 for as I went throughout your city and looked carefully at your sacred objects, I found even an altar with the inscription, TO AN UNKWON GOD [this is so true. The religious don’t really know GOD]. Now what you revere without knowing it, that I proclaim to you:
24 The God who made the world and all it contains [evolution?], who is Lord of heaven and earth [to me that’s Sovereignty, Supremacy], does not dwell in temples built by human hands [somebody once threw me with Haggai 1:1-5 to justify tithing for building God’s temple],
25 neither is He served by human hands as if He lacked anything [so this means we cant ‘lend’ Him anything as we have been previously taught] – He, the Giver of life and breath and all things to every one.
26 He has made from one person every nation of men to settle on the entire surface of the earth, definitely appointing the pre-established periods and the boundaries of their settlements [still hung on evolution?].
27 so that they might seek for God, if only they would feel for and find Him, although He is not far from each of us [don’t let anyone tell you God has forsaken you];
28 for ‘in Him we live and move and have our being’ [try squeeze free will in there…]. As some of your own poets have expressed themselves, ‘For we are also His offspring’ [yeah, His. And He said He shall never leave nor forsake His].
29 Now then, since we have our being from God, we certainly should not have the idea that the Deity resembles gold or silver or stone or anything humanly manufactured or invented [I mean talk about undermining one’ s self by glorifying a rock, sculpture, etc].
30 However, while God overlooked those times of ignorance, He is now summoning all people everywhere to repent [possibly Jesus’ first words when He began to preach (Matthew 4:17)],
31 since He has fixed a day when He is to judge the world righteously through a Man whom he has destined for the task, having furnished proof to everyone by raising Him from the dead [that is The Gospel Truth].

And after we hear and believe these truths, Romans 8:1 just confirms how Good the News are. We need not condemn ourselves anymore. Much as we are yet carnal, there’s no longer condemnation. So we’re not necessarily putting on a face (like it is mostly believed), but rather acknowledging that God knows about shortfalls and if He wills, they will not be our fall-away. Isn’t He just Amazing

Let’s keep sharing the Good News.

"Give us this day, our daily bread"

All Glory to Him

Beloved

Re: More Good News
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:19:48 PM »

Amen to what you wrote   Kweli

Psa 34:8  O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

Beloved

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:15:42 PM »

Beautiful insights and observations. Thank you for sharing Kweli!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

rjsurfs

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 03:25:53 PM »

This is one of the best posts I've seen in a long time... great stuff here.

Thank you Kweli.

Bobby

David

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 03:40:59 PM »

Wonderful stuff there Kwelli, bless you for sharing it.
I noticed you stuck the word evolution in brackets in verse 24. I've long believed there is evolution of a kind in the universe. One only has to leave a piece of meat out on the back yard to see it. Flies come and lay eggs, they hatch into maggots, they become lavi, they then turn into flies. A type of evolution, but its ALL of God. God works everything, creates the conditions for everything.
Be blessed
David.

ciy

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 06:02:27 PM »

Kweli
I am traveling on business and was a little down when I read your post early this morning.  It was extremely powerful and uplifting.  This is one of the major reasons we all come to this forum so that we can get encouragement to stay strong and faithful.  This is fellowshipping with people of like minds.
Thanks and know that you are blessed
CIY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.