bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: George Washington's vision/prophecy  (Read 5321 times)

Stevernator

George Washington's vision/prophecy
« on: April 05, 2008, 02:54:37 AM »

Hey I was wondering if any of you have heard about this.
Supposedly General Washington had a vision of the future of America
at Valley Forge in the winter of 1777.

http://www.crystalinks.com/gw.html

"Again, I heard the mysterious voice say, `Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn.' At this the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward, and from Africa I saw an ill-omened spectre approach our land. It flitted slowly over every town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle array against each other. As I continued looking I a saw bright angel, on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word `Union,' bearing the American flag which he placed between the divided nation, and said, `Remember ye are brethren.' Instantly, the inhabitants, casting from them their weapons became friends once more, and united around the National Standard."

That sounds like the Civil War to me. Here are two more highlights.

"And again I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: from each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. Throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America. Our country was enveloped in this volume of cloud, and I saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns and cities that I beheld springing up. As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long and fearful blast.

"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word Union, and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

and...

"Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted: three great perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful is the third, but in this greatest conflict the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land and the Union. With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown to me the birth, progress and destiny of the United States."

What do you think about this? I think that it could be real.

Peace,
Steve

Deborah-Leigh

Re: George Washington's vision/prophecy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 08:19:19 AM »

Hi Stevernator

I live in South Africa so this looks to me that Africa and America shall unite! Just kidding! What is interesting is that black, white and red are noted in this vision. We know what black is. We know what red is and as I see it you are only going to be in the first peril and not the worst third one if the elections go the way we think it will. This quote : ill-omened spectre approach our land...is where your present elections might be pointing!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 08:27:05 AM by Arcturus »

dogcombat

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 09:37:21 AM »

According to snopes.com, this is a hoax

http://www.snopes.com/language/document/vision.asp

Ches

Beloved

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 11:52:01 AM »

I knew it was when reading it, I have a friend that is buff on colonial american history and he said he never heard of it and he has read all of GW's works.

Beloved

Stevernator

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 04:50:17 PM »

Hmm, Thanks Ches.
I guess it does not look too credible now.
I was a little suspicious when it mentioned God and patriotism together.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 17 queries.