bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can you tell??  (Read 4593 times)

phyllis

How can you tell??
« on: April 05, 2008, 05:55:14 AM »

Peace be with you and yours.
                    I have been told that God is working in my life. That God has a plan for me. That I have the holy spirit in me. This is because I seemed to understand Mr. Smiths teachings, and I am able to teach this to others. Hence the above statement. If this were true would not I feel different? Different from before? Before I started reading the truth from Mr. Smith? I was told the same things when I was reading Mr. Armstrong's teachings. I thought I knew the truth then. (NOT) Thank you Mr. Smith for the truth.

Bless you and yours.

psalmsinger

Re: How can you tell??
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:18:10 AM »

Phyllis,
I think we all worry at some time or another that God has not given of His Holy Spirit to us personally.  It is my understanding that God is working in every life, yours, mine, sinner and saint. Thank God, for my works are filthy rags!  He is the creator, and He also provided a life's lesson plan for each person.  If you ask, seek, and knock He is faithful to fulfill the receiving, finding, and opening.  He will never forsake you. His faith is so much greater than ours.  It looks like He has opened a door for you because you asked and sought as is in His will.  Praise God!  As to knowing if you have received the Holy Spirit, I suppose you just have to believe that what He said He will do. We are to be Believers and Doers of that one Faith. I have finished with my trying to work my flesh up to the emotional feelings, babblings, hand raising, man-worship etc., to the point of nausea associated with "evidence of the Holy Spirit" according to the traditions of man.  Listening to the still small Voice of God as you wait patiently for Him to show you His will is the better way for me.  God bless you as you knock on that door. 

I have been thinking on this statement and the whole couple of "faith" chapters by Paul to the Hebrews about believing and doing:

Heb 10:36
36   For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
(KJV)

Rest in the Lord,
Barbara

phazel

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 11:35:41 AM »

Peace be with you and yours.
                    I have been told that God is working in my life. That God has a plan for me. That I have the holy spirit in me. This is because I seemed to understand Mr. Smiths teachings, and I am able to teach this to others. Hence the above statement. If this were true would not I feel different? Different from before? Before I started reading the truth from Mr. Smith? I was told the same things when I was reading Mr. Armstrong's teachings. I thought I knew the truth then. (NOT) Thank you Mr. Smith for the truth.

Bless you and yours.

If bible scripture is true, and I believe it is,  God  has you where you need to be at this present time.   God did create us with feelings, but those feelings are not necessarily a gauge for truth.

I used to ponder the same things and in church there was all kinds of sermons and lessons instructing me that I had to be good enough and measure up to a certain standard before God would honor my dreams or answer my prayers or before I would receive from him.

After years of "seeking" and trying to "measure up"  God revealed to me that I was already being trained and taught for the plan he had for my destiny.  Did he reveal to me exactly what that was?  No.   But he showed me that just because I was not great in the eyes of men did not mean he was not working in my life for the purpose he had for me.

The lie of church teaching is that it is up to you to figure out Gods plan for your life.  the lie of church is that god sits out there waitinfg for you to please him on your own before he works in your life.

Gods purpose for an atheist at the present time is just as great as someone who has been chosen to be one of the elect at this present time because  it isn't about how we perceive importance,  it is learning to believe scripture and when God called his creation Good, it was not an emotional thought to just make us feel good.

Not sure if that will help you, but thats kind of where I am at on that point in my walk.  I stumble and doubt at times, but I am glad for my life just as it is most of the time.

phyllis

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »

peace be with you and yours,
                    Thanks for input. I was told God gave me and still is giving me the tools to understanding His words through scripture by way of Mr. Ray. In the early 80s I started watching Ted Garner Armstrong on tv. Then I started ordering all of his booklets. I beleived all that he taught. When I would tell my friend about his teachings she would say oh, God useing you to spread His word. I did teach from what I just knew was the truth. (NOT)!!  Now I was once again reading Ted's work on the internet. Next thing I know I was on bible-truths. What an eye opener!. I can say with conviction, I know the truth. But I don't feel good in my heart. I feel the same as when I was teaching Ted's doctrine. Question: Once you except Christ in your life can you loose Christ after you found Him? My friend says that once you except Christ and confess in you heart and soul that He is your Lord and saviour you will always be saved. I told her we wasn't truly saved until we are resurrected and turn into spirit. Then we are saved and welcome into the kingdom.  I asked her how you can beleive some of Rays teaching and not all of it. I told her since Ray's teaching comes from the scriptures she should beleive all. She beleives  hell is here on earth. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.