bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New here from Indiana  (Read 6308 times)

KristaD

New here from Indiana
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:21:24 PM »

Hi everyone! My name is Krista. God led me to bibletruths about four years ago, I guess, and after reading everything on the site I finally found the forum link at the bottom of the main page, so here I am ;D. God changed my life and started opening my eyes about five years ago and I actually found this site when I was sending a letter to churches and ministries trying to open their eyes ::). I started reading and agreed with a lot and then some of it floored me (mainly the hell thing). It was like Ray was saying everything that God used to tell me as a child when I would lay awake and talk to Him about what I read in the bible that seemed so wrong. I kept reading even though I wasn't sure I agreed. I could *feel* that it was true but God wasn't giving me a sign, no confirmation. I didn't get that confirmation until I was talking to a neighbor one day (he was drinking and depressed) and we started talking about God. Something came over me and all of the stuff from Ray's site just started pouring out of me. I couldn't believe I was saying it b/c I hadn't let myself believe it yet but there I was bawling my eyes out and telling that man the glorious truth of God. He actually said he had chills from what I was telling him and that it made perfect sense. Well, I had a good talk with God that night and started reading and studying with a new understanding and open eyes from that point on. It's been hard and God has made huge changes in my life that have cost me alot but I never regret it and I keep moving forward with what He tells me to do no matter how crazy the rest of the world thinks I am. I am happy to have found some like minded people here, I've never met any in real life besides my mother and husband. Thanks for reading if you got this far, lol!

Beloved

Re: New here from Indiana
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 02:47:41 PM »

Welcome Krista

Glad that you are a well read poster...loook forward to your posts. Many topics have been covered so there is a search process on the forum. Hope you have been able to download Esword it is very helpful...if you need help just ask.

You can post to the board or PM (private meaasage) just click on the persons name and at the bottom is a link to the PM page, it works just like the board.

Okay all you people from Indiana , come say hello. Maybe a few will be close enough to meet once in awhile.

I am in the nashville area, there are a few  in my area who are the forum and a few  that do not come here very often.

Hope you enjoy the fellowship, unfortunate or fortunately you have entered a area where there is also tons to read and listen to and soon maybe to even watch.

beloved.

Phil3:10

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 03:01:29 PM »

Welcome Krista,
Your story parallels so many others who frequent this site. Is it not amazing how our GOD drags us out of untruths to HIS truths when HE has us prepared for the meat of HIS word. I look forward to your posts.
Phil3:10

KristaD

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 03:09:42 PM »

Thank you for the welcome!!
This board feels pretty comfortable to me as it's set up very much like another parenting board I frequent :).
I have read through some posts here, mostly the e-mails to Ray. It is so funny (not laughable) to read people responding to him with the same words that they say to me.
I'm interested to know who all is in Indiana and where. I am in the southwest area.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 03:27:00 PM »

He KristaD

When is number three due?

Welcome to the Forum. As Beloved says, it is wonderful that you are a well read poster.

I am in South Africa.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 05:15:33 PM »

I've wondered Deb, where in South Africa are you?

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 05:40:06 PM »

I live in a little town called Magaliesburg that is 86 kilometers to the north west of Johannesburg.  :).

Craig

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 05:52:06 PM »

I looked it up on Google maps.  The satellite picture looked like a nice area.

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 05:58:17 PM »

Yes it is very pretty and there are some of the best Hotel venues in South Africa here. So many visitors come through the area. I feel very blessed to be out of the City and the life style of the City not to mention the horrible cloud of yellow toxic waste that clouds Johannesburg.

Where I am working, I look out onto a beautiful hill that has a cross on top of it. The cross is a land mark site that is reached by a foot path that vistors can climb which belongs in the property of a Hotel called Mount Grace.

:)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 05:59:31 PM by Arcturus »

Craig

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 06:14:16 PM »

Google satellite maps are amazing.

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 06:19:03 PM »

Absolutely!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 06:23:26 PM »

...and they cost less than the air fare....beam me up Scotty! :D

joyful1

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2008, 07:24:24 PM »

No Problem..... ;D

joyful1

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2008, 07:36:25 PM »

:D Forgive me Krista-- I had to get Arc on that one! eheheh..
Just wanted to welcome you to the group! Look forward to getting to know you.  Hopefully you are getting your rest? This is the most important thing for a mom to do with 2 little ones already!
Joyce :)

::::passing cup of de-caff for Krista!:::::::

Kat

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2008, 08:18:31 PM »

Hi Krista,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
It's so sood to have your eyes opened and to 'see' these Truths, but then comes the purging  :P  It's one thing to believe these Truths and another to live them. 
I hope that you will find that place will give you that much needed escape from the world.  It is so nice to have like minded people to discuss these Truths with.

Here are a few link to things here at the forum that you may not know about.

Forum Indexes and Info.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Transcripts of Ray's audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

KristaD

« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 10:43:05 PM »

Don't worry about it Joyful a good alien joke is always fine with me lol. Rest? What is rest? Surely you are talking about our rest in Jesus b/c I sure don't get any physical rest :D. My oldest is almost six (homeschooled) and my youngest is 13 months (still nursing) and the next is due sept 1st. Yes, my babies will be very close in age and it's not quite what we planned for but alas the Lord will do as He wills and when we "left it up to Him", He decided it was time for #3 ;D.
Ah, yes Kat, the purging. When does that stop by the way :D? It seems like He gave me a break for a little while and then started back full force with all new things I needed to change. It's amazing how it just always gets deeper and is never done, but I guess that's what happens when we're dealing with an infinite God. Yes, it will be great to have people to talk to who understand. My husband works a lot and my mother understands but doesn't quite feel the same zeal that I do. As far as friends, what are those? Those fell by the wayside when God drug me in and it's hard to get close to people now knowing that everyone is so blind ::). Well, I am writing a book again here so I'll say goodnight for now. Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 04:37:08 PM »

Oh too cute Joyful1....too cute ;D tks!

Samson

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 07:35:34 PM »

Welcom Aboard Krista,

Glad you joined us, I noticed you stated that you didn't see the Forum Link at the bottom right away, I did the same thing, maybe God wanted me to do some serious reading and studying of Ray's material first. At this very moment in time, I'm listening to Ray's April 2008 Bible Study on Audio, didn't know I was able to do that with the computer. Anyway, who said a man can't do more than one thing at a time, Well it depends on what it is,  ;D ;D ;D. Now fasten your seat-belt and prepare yourself for a Spiritually uplifting journey and do partake and enjoy the Spiritual food provided at this table. Their is great fellowship for our benefit( Hebrews. 10:23-25 ).

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

indianabob

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 01:41:24 PM »

Welcome to the forum Krista D.

This is a good place to find new friends and to build relationships that will last.
Hope to hear from you on a regular basis and to share news of family events.

My wife Doris and I have four adult children, Karen 46, Scott 42, Kathryn 39 and David 38.
We all still get together for family events and my eldest is a believer along with my wife.

Love to hear more about your home town in Indiana.

We live in Culver, IN near Lake Maxinkuckee, but were born and raised in Crown Point, IN.

Please feel free to share and ask questions about our understanding on any subject.

Indianabob   :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.