bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: introduction from a Katrina survior  (Read 3894 times)

winner08

introduction from a Katrina survior
« on: April 08, 2008, 02:40:30 AM »

Introduction are warrented. My name Darren and my user name is winner 08. I chose winner 08 because ,we ,(my family) lost averthing due to Katrina (06). Last yr. we were just sleep walking through the paces. Fema trailers loans, grants, road home money all red tape government headaches. Witch we have not received any. I'm sorry, yes we have, the government headaches. Anyways I have a good feeling about 08 and the tide is turning we just finished moving into a house. It's a mansion compare to the matchbox fema trailer we lived in for 2yrs. Plus finding Mr. Rays web site (by mistake) or by divine power. I just want to say how thrilled I am to be apart of this family of the truth.                             

Thank y'all and peace be with you and yours

winner08

joyful1

Re: introduction from a Katrina survior
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:28:08 AM »

Hey there Darren and Phyillis--
You were saying you were in the FEMA trailer for 2 years? So...Katrina was in August of 2005....so you must have been in a shelter at first ? or something like that? Just curious...it was so terrible...I had a friend who's son was in one of the hospitals in New Orleans when it hit....because of the power and radio outages she didn't know if he was dead or alive for days! Thankfully he made it. Sorry for your loss.
Sincerely,
Joyce :)

gmik

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 10:50:51 PM »

Bless Your Hearts!!!  Thank you for joining our "forum Family".  Maybe things are turning out for the better now.  Stay in touch!!!

winner08

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 01:41:55 AM »

Yes Joyce: Katrina was on Aug. 29 2005. Before we got our fema trailer we stayed with inlaws for several months. Needless to say Katrina was terrible. But God was taking care of us. He is still taking care of us. It's so true, God will give you what we need. Not when we want it, but when He wants to.

Thank  you  peace be with you and yours.

brandon h

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 10:48:07 PM »

Welcome winner08! It's good to see you have such a positive outlook on your future. You have obviously been through a lot my friend, but it's good you know that God is with you every step of the way. You will be encouraged and blessed through this fellowship here. Enjoy

God Bless

hebrewroots98

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008, 08:43:37 PM »

Hello WINNER08,

Thankfully, God had plans for your new life; HE will provide all of your needs as well.  What alot that you survived!  So, are you still in New Orleans?  I am in Texas and our city (Lubbock) took in several of the homeless from that time. 

My DH has ben living in a VAN for the past 3 months b/c he took a job out of state and the city and every city in the surrounding 250 mile areas have gouged the heck out of all of the men that came to the new job site; infact, they have hijacked the prices on RV's, trailers, and rental properties so much that my dh refuses to pay those exorbinant prices.  He is taking the Lords' lead in getting him a fair market price for a place to live...the world has gotten too greedy! 

Glad that you are here, just keep on sharing with us what you are learning.

blessings,
Susan

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 11:47:41 PM »

I know this is a little late, but i just wanted to say, welcome aboard!

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 20 queries.