bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Creation  (Read 10947 times)

Danyool

Creation
« on: April 08, 2008, 07:17:30 AM »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1680357583183645446

I just watched this and thought others may like to. I found it very interesting in that science is getting closer to not being able to deny there is a creator. I find it kind of goes along with what ray talks about in the mobile conference audio's on the universe.

Would love to know others views on this
Im not sure if this is aloud in this forum, is this teaching?

GOd be with you

Dan
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 07:32:15 AM by Danyool »

Falconn003

Re: Creation
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 11:04:42 AM »

seeeesh  this guy could read the back and sides of a cereal box and make it sound interesting and inteligent. But in the end it is still cold cereal, I perfer a hot breakfast meself , a poptart even. :)

Rodger

thnx for sharing.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 12:47:50 PM »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1680357583183645446

I just watched this and thought others may like to. I found it very interesting in that science is getting closer to not being able to deny there is a creator. I find it kind of goes along with what ray talks about in the mobile conference audio's on the universe.

Would love to know others views on this
Im not sure if this is aloud in this forum, is this teaching?

GOd be with you

Dan

We all know that Ray will be teaching on this at the conference. Why doesn't everyone just be patient and wait and see what Ray has to say on this subject (not just you Dan, Ray gets many, many emails about this subject not posted here)?

Ray has been spending 40 to 60 hours a week for months getting ready for the conference (and more hours working on other papers). Do you not think Ray has come across just about everything of any significance on this subject?

Haven't past conferences proved worth waiting for? I promise Ray will have things to say at this next conference that will shake people to their toes (he has shared much of what he will be teaching on [so far] with me). I will not be surprised if some get up and walk out.

Wait and see what Ray says at the conference. After which, if you have questions, bring them up on the forum.

So yes, this is teaching and it's not allowed, even though I know you meant no harm Dan.

Dennis

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 04:42:13 PM by Dennis Vogel »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 01:03:45 PM »

PS: I just told Ray about this and he said he talked to these people over seven years ago about problems he had with their teachings. Ray said they were not very nice to him.

Patrick

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2008, 02:58:05 PM »

Haven't past conferences proved worth waiting for? I promise Ray will have things to say at this next conference that will shake people to their toes (he has shared much of what he will be teaching on [so far] with me). I will not be surprised if some get up and walk out.

Dennis

Waiting on the conferences/new articles/Bible studies is difficult; something we must do. There is soo much to learn on the home page and the forum.
Every conference I've been to has shaken me to my toes!

Falconn003

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2008, 04:19:56 PM »

hmm... errr....umh.....Dennis

Will Nigile Crothers ((formly known as xenu)) be in the discussion at the conference ??  ;D :D

Rodger
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 04:21:58 PM by Falconn003 »

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2008, 05:15:12 PM »

DANY yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Just had to say hi and great to see you posting in here.

My the Holy Spirit keep revealing to u dany

God Bless
Sansmile xx
Walk in the Spirit

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 05:56:28 PM »

hmm... errr....umh.....Dennis

Will Nigile Crothers ((formly known as xenu)) be in the discussion at the conference ??  ;D :D

Rodger

Okay, here's what will be taught. But don't tell anyone else on this forum. Don't want to spoil it for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eMIslbo98s

Falconn003

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 06:49:57 PM »

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha   and hehehe  ;D :D ;D

GOOF THE FLOOF, hahahahaha  :D :D Someone hit me with a tomatoe......

Rodger

PS for over population ,,,ehmm a contraceptive comes to mind,,,, even board games to bore the sex drive out of people, perhaps old sitcoms like leave it to beaver can sooothe those Don Jaun out of body experiances.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 06:56:31 PM by Falconn003 »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 09:47:18 PM »

Dear Forum: 

I just viewed a recent video link posted on our Forum featuring Dr. Ross. I am familiar with Dr. Ross and his TV broadcast as well as some of his literature. The video on our Forum is overall a very good and factual presentation on a huge subject. It mirrors the same information being published by other Scientists who have come to believe that this Universe has a Creator and presents the facts without fear or prejudice.

I might caution you, however, about the last ten minutes of this video concerning "Who is Adam? " Neither do I agree with most of his theology, as it is virtually the same as what we expose on our site. So just be careful. There are ways to know what is honest Science and what is biased opinion.

I also received just this week another video on the Universe and the age of the earth and such. But this video was a total sham. Yet this sincere person who sent it to me thought that it was really good and that certainly there was material that I would want to use at our conference. It was not only bad science, it was total unscriptural foolishness.

So we hope you understand why we try to guard the Forum against teachings that have not been Scripturally established as yet.

God be with you,

Ray

Falconn003

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 10:03:39 PM »

Now i get what dr ross lecture is about, HE IS SELLING A BOOK !!

Gota hand it too these slick peddlers:::

This new book explains why a testable model is essential, outlines the basic components of RTB's model, and includes predictions about the direction of future research.

Can i still keep my free book marker???  ;D

Rodger
« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 10:53:36 PM by Falconn003 »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 02:42:43 AM »

Dear Forum: 

I just viewed a recent video link posted on our Forum featuring Dr. Ross. I am familiar with Dr. Ross and his TV broadcast as well as some of his literature. The video on our Forum is overall a very good and factual presentation on a huge subject. It mirrors the same information being published by other Scientists who have come to believe that this Universe has a Creator and presents the facts without fear or prejudice.

I might caution you, however, about the last ten minutes of this video concerning "Who is Adam? " Neither do I agree with most of his theology, as it is virtually the same as what we expose on our site. So just be careful. There are ways to know what is honest Science and what is biased opinion.

I also received just this week another video on the Universe and the age of the earth and such. But this video was a total sham. Yet this sincere person who sent it to me thought that it was really good and that certainly there was material that I would want to use at our conference. It was not only bad science, it was total unscriptural foolishness.

So we hope you understand why we try to guard the Forum against teachings that have not been Scripturally established as yet.

God be with you,

Ray

Hurray for Ray! He posted something!! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee =]

I must say it's an interesting video, havn't gotten to the end where he talks about adam but im working through it, its all very fascinating and im glad ray finds it honost and credible!

God bless,

Alex

musicman

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 11:20:53 PM »

I've been familiar with Dr. Ross and "Reasons to Believe" for a little more than three years.  I've been very happy with the creation model he teaches and other similiar progressive creation sites.  However, despite their scientific understanding, all of the progressive creation sites feel it necessarry to stick their noses into Baybalonian theology.  I've written e-mails to a few web pages asking them to stay out of churchianity and stick to science (I know, some people tell Ray to stick to roofing).  But I'm serious, these people couldn't be more spiritually blind.  I called one of these people a hypocrate on another site.  He pointed out some greak mistranslations but still backed up the notion that the bible teaches ET.  I'm sure that various secretaries sent all of my e-mails into cyber oblivion.  But I still occasionally check up on Hugh Ross' site for creation updates and such.   

Kat

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 02:30:38 PM »

Hi Alex,

Btw, you do know that Dennis posted that from Ray.  Ray still does not visit the forum  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kay

indianabob

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 02:49:10 PM »

Forum Folks, science majors & especially Dennis and Ray,

Thank you for the comments and especially for the cautions.

It is obvious that Dr. Ross is talented and has a wide understanding of the various disciplines.
However, please also note, those of you who are science buffs, that most of this data is way
beyond the grasp of 99% of Christians who believe in a God even if they believe some error.
My point is that a reader must have had several years of science training to apply Dr. Ross'
explanation to their own life experience.  One example being "homochirality" and its relation to
the existence of peptides, sugars and protein molecules.

In my never to be humble opinion ;o), Dr. Ross is doing a fairly good job of playing up to the
average evolutionist as a fair minded critic and may lead a few of them to think for themselves,
but our understanding of God's purpose, as simple as it is and as much of a gift to us as it is, is so
much deeper in its grasp of truth to be beyond comparison.

So, I agree with Dennis that we hold onto our personal views and perhaps make personal notes
for comparison after the conference, just to see how our understanding may have changed with
meditation and prayer.

Many of us or even most of us on the forum, have a special interest in this area of study, but
we may want to focus more on the fact that the Creator of the Universe has called us into
a special advanced study class organized and presented for our enlightenment and admonition by
His perfect son our Lord Jesus and it's a new revelation every day.

Thanks for considering my thoughts, Indianabob

phazel

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 05:22:23 PM »

I probably need to watch the video again, my first pass through I got the impression that he suggests that what is created was out of nothing and that science is starting to recognize this. 

First  usually when a creationist refers to science they tend to refer to the group of creation scientists as opposed to the peer review system of scientists that might determine what ends up in a schools text book. This is not to say that creation scientists are wrong about everything, but we must be careful and be just as skeptical of bias as we might be from an atheistic point of view as well.

Secondly I do not believe the concept of creation from nothing is scriptural.  All is out of God,  God is not nothing.

Thirdly when a creation scientists states they have witnessed a miracle by observing the universe, that verges on bad science no matter how well something aligns with scripture or how strongly we believe it.

Hugh Ross did not witness the formation of the universe.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:23:29 PM by phazel »

Falconn003

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »

Ah but they will say anything to get a sell.. (profit , profit , PROPHET..... ;D)

On the side of the book it states all the ailments it cures, sillyness, assumptions, presumptions, day dreams, fantasy, hallucinations, voices in your head, images of Jesus the Christ on cheetos, big foot....ect.

The promotion of some book sales, are like a sideshow, freaky wierd, fictional.

Ah the days of old when a sideshow just consisted of "freaks of nature" and "wierdness", it was an added attraction. Now we got mutiple euphemisms and political correctness in place of the line "freaks of nature". In place of the wierdness we have new religions, new age science, and a mix of both scientology.....  and presents itself like a main attraction to IGNORANCE.

" they will wax worst ........." chaos and disorder is getting to be the main flavor of civilization these days.

Peace
Rodger
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:33:34 PM by Falconn003 »

musicman

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 07:01:17 PM »

Ah but they will say anything to get a sell.. (profit , profit , PROPHET..... ;D)

On the side of the book it states all the ailments it cures, sillyness, assumptions, presumptions, day dreams, fantasy, hallucinations, voices in your head, images of Jesus the Christ on cheetos, big foot....ect.

Ah the days of old when a sideshow just consisted of "freaks of nature" and "wierdness", it was an added attraction. Now we got mutiple euphemisms and political correctness in place of the line "freaks of nature". In place of the wierdness we have new religions, new age science, and a mix of both scientology.....  and presents itself like a main attraction to IGNORANCE.

" they will wax worst ........." chaos and disorder is getting to be the main flavor of civilization these days.

Peace
Rodger

UUUUUUmmmmmmmmm,???

What the h_ll are u talking about?

I think your still talking about diuretics.  This is another thread.

Falconn003

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 07:26:18 PM »

oh musicman get wit the program bro..... :D

If you go to the link provided by the OP, look to the right side , you will see a ((download)) button , underneath is an ((email embed)) button, now underneath that is is a small caption with ....((all>>)) at the end. click on the ((all>>)).
And you will see "" This new book explains why..."".

Dr. Hugh Ross PhD. Lectures to promote his new book.

It is just a book sale for crying out loud  :D ;D :D. hahahahahaha

And then you can re-read my post and KNOW ; ""What the h_ll are u talking about?""

keep up wit me bro ... these things go fast   ;) :D

Rodger
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 07:31:05 PM by Falconn003 »

David

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 09:11:17 PM »

The majority of eminent cosmologists, physicists and biologists regard Dr Ross and his teaching as mostly pure nonesense.
If his grasp on scripture is at best poor, why should we believe his "science"?
I've watched a few of his film lectures and read some of his notes, he comes ac cross as sincere and sometimes convincing. But, if he's attempting to present science as harmonious with scripture, and doesn't have a sound understanding of scripture, the science he's trying to make fit his lack of understanding is going to be erroneous sooner or later..........that makes sense to me at least anyway.
I'd much rather wait to hear what someone who has a very good understanding of the scriptures has to say, like Ray!
In the meantime I continue to be fascinated by cosmology and physics taught from people who have no bias in trying to make a scientific model fit a poor understanding of scripture. I usually find that their findings tend to be harmonious with the understanding of scripture God is giving me.
Be blessed
David.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 23 queries.