bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Everlasting?  (Read 5314 times)

nightmare sasuke

Everlasting?
« on: May 10, 2006, 10:38:34 PM »

Dear Ray,
I was very glad that I ran into your web site while looking for something else. It good to meet someone who has a clear understanding of what the scriptures are trying to reveal to us. What I want to commit on is that Holy Qur'an also teaches us that Hell this purification process and not ever lasting. I was wondering were you also acquainted with the knowledge of the Holy Qur'an?

Thank you and have a bless life
Colleen

Dear Coleen:
Oh really? So maybe this is a misprint from the Quran?

4: The Women

3. Those who disobey Allah and his messenger will be burnt with fire and suffer a painful doom. 4:14

4. For the disbelievers and those who make a last-minute conversion, Allah has prepared a painful doom. :18

5. For disbelievers, We prepare a shameful doom. 4:37

6. Hell is sufficient for their burning. 4:55

7. Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56

8. Allah will bestow a vast reward on those who fight in religious wars. 4:74

9. Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76

10. Have no unbelieving friends. Kill the unbelievers wherever you find them. 4:89

11. If the unbelievers do not offer you peace, kill them wherever you find them. Against such you are given clear warrant. 4:91

12. Those who oppose the messenger and become unbelievers will go to hell. 4:115

13. Those who believe, then disbelieve, then believe and disbelieve again will never be forgiven by Allah. 4:137

14. For the hypocrites there will be a painful doom. 4:138

15. Allah will gather hypocrites and disbelievers into hell. 4:140

16. The hypocrites will be in the lowest part of hell and no one will help them there. 4:145

17. You must believe everything Allah and his messengers tell you. Those who don't are disbelievers and will face a painful doom. 4:150-151

18. For the wrongdoing Jews, Allah has prepared a painful doom. 4:160-1

19. God will guide disbelievers down a road that leads to EVERLASTING hell. 4:168-169 " (CAPS are mine).

Sincerely,

Ray

I was wondering if the word in the Quran translated "everlasting" really means never-ending-ness. The word "aion" is translated everlasting and does not mean everlasting... I was wondering if the same applies to the Quran. Thanks.

lilitalienboi16

Everlasting?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 11:01:28 PM »

I don't think it matters wether its everlasting or not.

We get the general idea of what there god does to unbelievers.

Those who disobey Allah and his messenger will be burnt with fire and suffer a painful doom

Ouch.. some love.

For disbelievers, We prepare a shameful doom. 4:37

Hell is sufficient for their burning. 4:55

7. Unbelievers will be tormented forever with fire. When their skin is burned off, a fresh skin will be provided. 4:56

Read Point 7 there i think it makes it clear what happens to unbelievers.
Sounds like theres no end to this torture. The Fire burns your skin off, and allah provides you with a new fresh skin to burn off again, and the cycle never ends...

I think its clear what the god of the Quran is all about.

"ISLAM COMING TO A TOWN NEAR YOU, CONVERT OR BURN!!!"

alucard

Everlasting?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 11:12:30 PM »

Everlasting is translated from the Arabic word hayy wich means undying, everlasting, the eternal vitalizing and animating force that brings all of life into being.

In addition, Heaven and Hell are split into many levels depending on the actions taken in life, where punishment is given depending on the level of evil done in life, and good is separated into other levels depending on how well one followed Allah (God) while alive.

There is an equal number of mentions of both hell and paradise in the Qur'an.

The Qur'an also says that some of those who are damned to hell are not damned forever, but instead for an indefinite period of time. When Judgement Day comes, the formerly damned will be judged as to whether or not they may enter into Paradise.

Sorin

Everlasting?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 11:12:52 PM »

Quote from: quran
9. Believers fight for Allah; disbelievers fight for the devil. So fight the minions of the devil. 4:76

Sounds like your "allah" is the DEVIL!

rvhill

Everlasting?
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 02:17:29 AM »

The one thing Muslims don't understand is that they are Antichrists, and their Holy Qur'an, and the Hadiths say what will happen to Antichrists. Talk about being Judged as you Judge others. As evil as the Qur'an is the Hadiths are even worse.

nightmare sasuke

Everlasting?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 03:18:13 AM »

Quote from: alucard
Everlasting is translated from the Arabic word hayy wich means undying, everlasting, the eternal vitalizing and animating force that brings all of life into being.

In addition, Heaven and Hell are split into many levels depending on the actions taken in life, where punishment is given depending on the level of evil done in life, and good is separated into other levels depending on how well one followed Allah (God) while alive.

The Qur'an also says that some of those who are damned to hell are not damned forever, but instead for an indefinite period of time. When Judgement Day comes, the formerly damned will be judged as to whether or not they may enter into Paradise.

In the Aramaic translation of the NT, is "hayy" used in place of aion? Just curious...

Mickyd

Everlasting?
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 08:02:07 AM »

Has anyone thought to look up the word "Eon" in the dictionary?

Eon

From Dictionary.com

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Eon&db=*

e·on also ae·on    
n.
1: An indefinitely long period of time; an age.
2: The longest division of geologic time, containing two or more eras.
3: (Gnosticism) a divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe [syn: aeon]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Late Latin aeon, from Greek aion. See aiw- in Indo-European Roots.]

Doesn't sound like it's "Un-ending" to me.

alucard

Everlasting?
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 11:18:27 AM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
Quote from: alucard

In the Aramaic translation of the NT, is "hayy" used in place of aion? Just curious...

i don't know but i really doubt it
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 16 queries.