bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are my Manners???  (Read 6814 times)

mharrell08

Where are my Manners???
« on: April 09, 2008, 04:43:16 PM »

My name is Marques from Atlanta. I have been a reader of the website for over a year as well as on the forum for the last couple of months. But I realized today, I had yet to introduce myself! So here I am and it is a joy to be with others who LOVE to "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness."

I came out of a church (name is not important as they are pretty much all the same) that preached the gospel of prosperity. Anyone who is in Atlanta will tell you these type of churches more than any other heretical teaching are a dime a dozen. I can honestly admit that the thought of money all the time did bother me even when I attended weekly but it wasn't something I could put my finger on because I was not studying the scriptures nor were my eyes open to do so. I actually came across Ray's site, read the tithing articles, believed them but still did not take the time to read any of his other notes! Yes, I was a hard-headed one. I did what many have done which is approach one of the fellow deacons, go tit for tat, then go home feeling empty because my attitude was wrong and I still did not have THE WHOLE TRUTH. I only knew part which was tithing was no longer for new covenant believers. To make a long story short, the Lord led me back to the site, had me read and read, and then FINALLY he opened my eyes. I was reading from this very website, daily mind you, and he opened my eyes on His time and no sooner or later. Ever since, the truth has set me free and I am loving it. To any other newcomers, I truly believe this website is the place to be. To fellowship in the Truth with one another is truly one of God's greatest gifts and I am especially thankful.

Well, that's all folks...

Marques

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Where are my Manners???
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 05:30:59 PM »

Hello Marques

Welcome to the Forum!

It is so wonderful to be blessed to receive the truth and the Living Water of God's Precious Words revealed! I find there is always more and more when reading what the members here often post from Ray's teachings. It is always refreshing to re-read from excerpts posted from Rays teachings,  that relate to the variety of topics discussed here.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:14:40 PM »

Hi and Welcome Marques!

I like  reminders that people often read the forum but don't post.  Sometimes I think the only people READING are the only people posting.

Thanks for sharing.  Start posting and don't be shy!! :D

Stevernator

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 07:42:44 PM »

Welcome Marques,
Guess what, I go to Georgia Tech. God has much greater plans in store for his children than getting rich quick! I am thankful to God that this site is up. Ray has helped break the chains of spiritual bondage for many people.

Glad you are here,
Steve

Kat

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 09:41:56 PM »

Hi Marques,

Well thanks for the intro., it's good to have a little background of those as we share and discuss things with here.   
It's an amazine thing to look back on where we came from and how we too were deceived.  And then when our eyes are finally opened and these Truths begin to shake our world, it is a wonderful experience to have these things unfold to us. 
Then we realize this is a pretty lonely walk we have here, but we do have this forum and it really becomes an oasis and a place we seek out.  I'm glad you are here with us, do continue to share in the discussions.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

shilam1999

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:35:19 PM »

i knew who you are from the conference but am still waiting to get an email from you.

alexander   

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 04:07:51 PM »

i knew who you are from the conference but am still waiting to get an email from you.

alexander

Check the 'My Messages' link in the forum menu bar...I sent you one the same day I got your message.  :)

Marques

P.S. I can't believe Mark pulled this one up...et tu Bruté?  :D :D :D
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 05:43:17 PM by mharrell08 »

Marky Mark

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »

P.S. I can't believe Mark pulled this one up...et tu Bruté? :D :D :D

Beware the Ides of March! :-* :P

Samson

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 09:17:52 PM »

Thankyou Marques,

I would never have thought, you didn't post an introduction. Apparently, God has opened your eyes to the Scriptures and Ray's teachings, as you do quite well in aiding others and do it with dignity. What I like about your presence on the Forum is that your very consistent with approach when responding to Posts and Questions from newcomers. You seem to be good at avoiding any favoritism with Forum Members, which makes for a good Moderator. I see evidence of you loving God's Word above being pleasing to Men. Personally, I have a weakness in trying to " Please People," at times, to avoid controversy.

Nice introduction and keep up the good work, Samson.

P.S. I just modified this Post, What a Dummy, didn't realize this Thread was from 2008, the above still applies.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 09:20:35 PM by Samson »

mharrell08

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 09:42:49 PM »

Thankyou Marques,

I would never have thought, you didn't post an introduction. Apparently, God has opened your eyes to the Scriptures and Ray's teachings, as you do quite well in aiding others and do it with dignity. What I like about your presence on the Forum is that your very consistent with approach when responding to Posts and Questions from newcomers. You seem to be good at avoiding any favoritism with Forum Members, which makes for a good Moderator. I see evidence of you loving God's Word above being pleasing to Men. Personally, I have a weakness in trying to " Please People," at times, to avoid controversy.

Nice introduction and keep up the good work, Samson.

P.S. I just modified this Post, What a Dummy, didn't realize this Thread was from 2008, the above still applies.

Thanks for the kind words Samson, it is appreciated.  :)

Marques

aqrinc

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 12:38:50 AM »

Yuk, now i can't pull that one.

george. ;D 8) ;D

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2009, 01:38:20 AM »

It would seem that our friend Samson (Brad) has lost track of time.
Must be the fumes from that big turkey he just ate with Freckle girl.
Any way Samson, better late than not at all and I'm sure Marques appreciates the sincere thought.

Ole Indianer Bob

Samson

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2009, 11:34:35 AM »

It would seem that our friend Samson (Brad) has lost track of time.
Must be the fumes from that big turkey he just ate with Freckle girl.
Any way Samson, better late than not at all and I'm sure Marques appreciates the sincere thought.

Ole Indianer Bob

Bob,

There are no fumes from any Turkey that I'm aware of, had to work 12 hour shifts on Thursday and Friday, so the Boss and his Wife could have Thanksgiving off and Black(insane) Friday. The only fumes emanating from the presence of The Freckle Girl regarding me is Love and the same holds true in my case. Those poor Turkeys are already dead, only Dinner emanates from them,  ;D.

KInd Regards, Samson.

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2009, 12:57:14 PM »

Brad to be such a serious guy...you sure do know to make me smile!!  :D
Kathy :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.