bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello everyone from Texas  (Read 5609 times)

stan

Hello everyone from Texas
« on: April 09, 2008, 07:43:15 PM »

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stan, and I am from Texas. Some time ago I did a search for a Bible topic and came across a website by some guy named L Ray Smith. A quick look at some of the teachings and I thought, no thanks! Funny how God can have different ideas for you. I could never get some of the things I read out of mind, so I went back and started reading again, and praying God would lead me to his truth. The more I read and thought about, and studied what Ray wrote the more it made sense to me. I am still reading and studying. I have also been reading the forum messages and I thought it was about time to join all of you. I am glad I found this website and this forum.

qvrful7

Re: Hello everyone from Texas
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »

Welcome Stan

Glad to have you and your story about BT is very common one.  I personally find this forum a great place of learning and encouragement, I'm sure will too.

Randy

Stevernator

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 07:51:10 PM »

Hey Stan,

Welcome! It is always nice to hear from people who find the site. Enjoy all the great spiritual teaching it has to offer.

Peace,
Steve

Kat

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:31:36 PM »

Hi Stan,

I'm glad you have joined us here  :)
The BT site is a real shocker compared to what a person is use to hearing in the church.  So unless your eyes are being opened... well we see from Ray's emails how a lot of those 'Christians' respond to Ray.

It is good to keep reading and studying, because there is so much there to learn.  But come here if you have a question and just for the fellowship.  It can get a little overwhelming having all these new beliefs and we are here to encourage, reassure and strengthen one another in this journey.

Here are a few links here at the forum that you might lik to know.

Forum info. and idexes
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,14.0.html

Ray's audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html

Transcripts of audios
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/board,12.0.html

mercy, peace and love
Kat

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 05:24:07 AM »

hi stan,
i too am from texas (austin).  i came across the bible-truths website a couple of years ago. actually God brought me to the website after i basically was begging Him to show me those hidden treasures /gems that He mentioned in the scriptures. i started thinking that there MUST be something deeper than just a cursory reading of the scriptures would reveal.  i knew there must be something greater and more true than what i had heard for all those years sitting in a pew on sunday morning.  the forum is also an awesome meeting place and you will come to understand that we are all brothers and sisters, more often than not, closer to each other by being likeminded than we are to our biologial families.

welcome aboard. where in texas are you located?

your sister in Christ,
claudia

UncleBeau

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 11:09:03 AM »

Hi Stan,

Always glad to hear that someone else has seen the truth. It's really refreshing for us especially because we don't have anyone we're close to where we live that also study the truth. The more you try to give it to others, the more it will open up your eyes to how ignorant and unwilling the world is because you are now it's enemy. Congratulations, ha ha. But seriously, it's good to have you here with us.

-Beau & Nola

joyful1

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2008, 06:20:01 AM »

Howdy Stan! Glad you're here!
Joyce :)

carol v

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2008, 03:42:07 PM »

Welcome Stan,

I'm in West Texas so just wanted to say hello. Glad you are here!

Carol

iris

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 05:51:00 PM »

gmik

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 12:44:25 AM »

Welcome Stan and Randy.  Glad you have joined us.

Girls, thanks for the colorful doodads....I gotta start doing those again...they perk this place up :D

Samson

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2008, 01:00:43 AM »

Welcome Stan,

Glad you joined us, looking forward to fellowshipping with you and looking forward to your comments in the days to come.

Your Brother in Christ, Samson.

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 03:31:19 AM »

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Stan, and I am from Texas. Some time ago I did a search for a Bible topic and came across a website by some guy named L Ray Smith. A quick look at some of the teachings and I thought, no thanks! Funny how God can have different ideas for you. I could never get some of the things I read out of mind, so I went back and started reading again, and praying God would lead me to his truth. The more I read and thought about, and studied what Ray wrote the more it made sense to me. I am still reading and studying. I have also been reading the forum messages and I thought it was about time to join all of you. I am glad I found this website and this forum.

hi again stan,
was just curious where in texas you were from.

your sister in Christ,
claudia

Heidi

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 08:28:42 AM »

Hi Stan,

I only recently joined myself and already I have learned so much.  I have had spinal surgery so listening to Ray's Audio's have been especially helpful as I can lie down and listen to them.  Hope you have as much fun as I am having.

Love
Heidi
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 19 queries.