bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Chastisements and judgements from our Father  (Read 5610 times)

orion77

Chastisements and judgements from our Father
« on: March 18, 2006, 05:17:47 PM »

Isn't it amazing when the spirit of God brings us to the point where we finally see the truth.  We truly can do nothing of our ownselves, not just in mere words but factually through the chastisements and judgements from our Father.

I now truly understand the book of eccliastes, when he speaks that all is vanity.  Not only that, but the illusion or delusion, of the life I thought I had.  Wow, simply incredible!  It truly is a born again experience, not just by saying a few words and that's it, but through much suffering.  More, much more is required from God than 10% of our income.  The idea of self, the belief it is our life, that we are in control of our destiny must come crashing down in each of our lives.  It is all His and all the glory goes to Him.

Now, I have heard people preaching that last sentence all my life, but how few indeed in each generation actually know it?  We must give our life, which the truth it never was ours to begin with, to God, in spirit and truth.  Jesus is our friend and He gave His life for us and we in turn must give our life for Him.  There is no greater love than that.

It seems to boil down to one thing.  When we have the love for our Father and love our neighbor and forgive our enemies, then the truth is in us.  And this truth is not from ourselves, so noone can boast.  It is He who is in us that causes us to love God and our neighbors.

It is good to be back on this forum.  I enjoy reading and learning from the posts brought forth here.  God bless you all.

Gary

jerry cabral

Him
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 05:54:27 PM »

When you say give our lives to Him do you mean the King or His Father.

roperfam

Re: Chastisements and judgements from our Father
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 06:04:45 PM »

Quote from: orion77
Isn't it amazing when the spirit of God brings us to the point where we finally see the truth.  We truly can do nothing of our ownselves, not just in mere words but factually through the chastisements and judgements from our Father.

I now truly understand the book of eccliastes, when he speaks that all is vanity.  Not only that, but the illusion or delusion, of the life I thought I had.  Wow, simply incredible!  It truly is a born again experience, not just by saying a few words and that's it, but through much suffering.  More, much more is required from God than 10% of our income.  The idea of self, the belief it is our life, that we are in control of our destiny must come crashing down in each of our lives.  It is all His and all the glory goes to Him.

Now, I have heard people preaching that last sentence all my life, but how few indeed in each generation actually know it?  We must give our life, which the truth it never was ours to begin with, to God, in spirit and truth.  Jesus is our friend and He gave His life for us and we in turn must give our life for Him.  There is no greater love than that.

It seems to boil down to one thing.  When we have the love for our Father and love our neighbor and forgive our enemies, then the truth is in us.  And this truth is not from ourselves, so noone can boast.  It is He who is in us that causes us to love God and our neighbors.

It is good to be back on this forum.  I enjoy reading and learning from the posts brought forth here.  God bless you all.

Gary

Thank you for this post.  Dying to have life.  Sure isn't fun, but as we grow in him, we slowly get to the point of thanking him for the suffering. and trials.

eutychus

Re: Him
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 06:32:15 PM »

Quote from: jerry cabral
When you say give our lives to Him do you mean the King or His Father.

learn this:
Jhn 17:11 And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be (((one, as we [are]. )))

Jhn 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Jhn 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

Luk 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and [he] to whom the Son will reveal [him].

Luk 22:29 And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;

no need to worry if Christ be in you :P  the father is there :idea:  :idea:  :idea:

orion77

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 07:11:45 PM »

Couldn't answer that question better than that.  Great scripture quoted.  Has Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Comforter come in your flesh?  Does He dwell in you?  God does not dwell in buildings made by mans own hands, but He dwells in His own creation, of which He created, is creating in His own image.  Know you not that we are the temple of the Holy Spirit?  Following the great example of our Lord Jesus, who also was full of the spirit, died and three days later, that same great spirit rose Him from the dead and conquered death.  This is our hope, for when that day comes we shall also be raised incorruptible and be like Him, for we shall be like Him.  The Holy Spirit inside of us is the greatest thing imaginable, but make no mistake about it, as He was in this world, so shall we.  The life of Jesus was not easy, he was despised, hated by the religious people of his time, his own family thought he was out of his mind, beaten, flogged and finally nailed to a tree.  Just what tree do you think that symbolizes?

The more and more chastisement I experience only brings the truth closer and closer.  I've gotten to the place where the only things that are real and true is His love, mercy and forgiveness.  Everything and I mean everything else is nothing.  Oh, how I long for the day when we shall all be like Him.  The creation truly does moan!

With love and respect,

Gary

jerry cabral

Most High
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 09:00:24 PM »

I guess the reason I asked as in another post I stated that I read a few things and seems to be the consessed now that Jesus Our Lord is God and the Creator of Heaven and Earth.  When they say God do they mean the Most High Father of our Lord, or Jesus the Son of the Most High so when someone says Jesus is God which God do they mean.   In the book of John, does Jesus confess that His Father is greater than Him as in John 14.
And I have read scripture, what to you believe, or rather confess.

orion77

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 09:48:58 PM »

I understand your question and that can be taken in many different ways.  The only way I can answer is from experience.  My baptism in the holy spirit gave me a new understanding that only I can understand.  This is the same for each of us.  It is something that I know, being given me, yet at same time how do I explain it to another.  Words can not describe the experience.  Jesus said if you have seen Him you have seen the Father.  Spiritually speaking they are one.  Same goes for us, when the spirit of truth has come in us, we are one with Jesus and the Father.  This same oneness is what we should have with fellow brothers and sisters.  When we come together with the mind of Christ, we each being different, yet at the same time are one.

Don't know if this helps any.  Sometimes it is hard to put into words what needs to be spoken.  I dont know the answer to everything.  Still a work in process.

God bless.

Gary
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 21 queries.