bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Comment Other Than Strange.....Bizarre  (Read 9679 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: No Comment Other Than Strange.....Bizarre
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 03:38:56 PM »

Well since we are having this conversation lets look at this also while we are at it!

Deepak Chopra
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chopra sees God as a projection of human awareness, who becomes more expansive and universal as individual consciousness expands.

Deepak Chopra (Hindi: दीपक चोपड़ा; born October 22, 1946), an Indian medical doctor and writer, has written extensively on spirituality and diverse topics in mind-body medicine. He says that he has been influenced by the teachings of Vedanta and the Bhagavad Gita, as well as by Jiddu Krishnamurti, [1] and quantum physics. Deepak Chopra has had a profound influence on the The New Thought Movement that has embraced him in the U.S.

The wisdom of the world is foolishness to God.

Peace be to you
Arcturus :)

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 05:09:00 PM »

Hi

If the spirit returns to God who gave it, does this mean that in order to resurrect us with the same personality, then God would also have to bring the heart back to Him? Seeing that flesh and blood (including the heart) CANNOT inherit the Kingdom of God, do you think that God will have to rethink His ideas? Perhaps part of our spirit resides in the blood, and part of it resides in the heart? I think not.

I'm not suggesting anything remotely like that, but I recognise that our knowledge about the mind ,memory ,and consciousnes even in this day and age remains limited. There is plenty we don't know ,that's all.

I agree with you, we know very little about most things. I might have jumped to conclusions too early, I thought you suggested that the story might be true. Sorry about that.

Dave, there might come a day when humans will have a pig's heart transplanted into their body. I wonder what thoughts and feelings they would have then?

I wonder ? Perhaps the recipients will miraculously develop the ability to sniff out truffles and enjoy wallowing in mud .
Personally something in me finds the idea of animal organ donation pretty distasteful.

That's was so funny! I agree with you one this one too, I don't like the idea of using organs from any animal in a human body.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 06:30:25 PM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 06:09:05 PM »

Just to add: http://bible-truths.com/lake7.html

THE DEVIL MAKES MAN MINDFUL OF PHYSICAL THINGS

The devil has always been mindful of physical, literal, material things. That’s what Satan "dines" on—

"…DUST [of man] shall you eat all the days of your life" (Gen. 3:14).

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour [Greek: ‘swallow up’]" (I Pet. 5:8).

Yes, the Adversary eats "dust" and we, mankind, ARE "dust" of the ground. Satan does not feast on spiritual food—it would choke him! Satan dines on the carnal [flesh/meat] mind of men. While Jesus was physically starving for forty days, He was feasting on spiritual food from heaven! Satan thought he could trick Jesus into satisfying His need for physical FOOD before He was finished dining on spiritual food with His Father!

"Then was Jesus led up of THE SPIRIT into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. And when He had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungered" […and so was STARVING, The Four Gospels By C.H. Rieu].

And when the tempter came to Him, he said, If you be the Son of God, command that these stones be made BREAD" (Matt. 4:1-3).

Satan should have realized that one doesn’t tempt a Spiritual Giant with a loaf of physical bread.

IT TAKES SPIRITUAL EARS TO HEAR SPIRITUAL WORDS

Listen to Jesus (with your SPIRIT):

hebrewroots98

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2008, 07:41:02 PM »

Ok Joe, you got me hooked back onto this thread....lol.  ;)  Great info

I once had a patient on my ward while in Iraq and he had his testicles removed and the poor guy would pace our dirt floors in pain (day and night), I have seen other patients with the pain going on from having had an amputation; whereas on the other hand others I have kinown more patients whom were never bothered in the least??? ??? ??? 

So true...the mind is satans' playground, no matter what the reasons or excuses!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.